OT..very sad about Joe Paterno's | Syracusefan.com

OT..very sad about Joe Paterno's

mark79

All Conference
poor health. Whatever you think about his role in the penn state issue, it is still very sad to see someone of his stature go downhill so quickly.

Yeah it's terrible that someone who allowed little boys to be raped is going to die.

Was Paterno a smoker?

Yup. Wonderful human being. This is awful

It's too easy to conclude that he allowed these things to happen.

He clearly did not allow anything to happen.

Should he or could he have done more? Sure.

But when a man of 84 years says that he didn't even know that a man could rape a male, that tells me that he was generationally, socially and professionally incapable of dealing with something that he obviously didn't understand.

The hate that some of the posts above seem to reflect is very disappointing to me.

I would like to think that SU Football people would have a bit more empathy and sympathy for a decent man who just didn't get it in this bizzare instance.

It's too easy to conclude that he allowed these things to happen.

He clearly did not allow anything to happen.

Should he or could he have done more? Sure.

But when a man of 84 years says that he didn't even know that a man could rape a male, that tells me that he was generationally, socially and professionally incapable of dealing with something that he obviously didn't understand.

The hate that some of the posts above seem to reflect is very disappointing to me.

I would like to think that SU Football people would have a bit more empathy and sympathy for a decent man who just didn't get it in this bizzare instance.
No. For all intents and purposes he did allow it to happen.

Reports out of PA are that he died this evening.

Reading reports now its official, JoePa is dead

a blind eye is not a excuse-
i lost all respect for him because he did nothing-no way in hell he didnt grasp it-he put winning ahead of humanity

there are horrible posts above...
should he have done more, yes for sure
did he "have it coming to him"
did that make you feel good to say that????:(:(:(

He literally did the least you could do in the situation and pass the buck.

EDIT: I'll gove him the benefit of the doubt, maybe when he callled the police, it went right to the AD.

No. For all intents and purposes he did allow it to happen.

I don't understand what that means "for all intents and purposes" he allowed it happen.

I think rather it's a glib statement with no supporting fact.

He was not the police - he was not an employer after 1998 - he was never a friend and he was not a witness.

Those who had jurisdiction in 2002 were the AD and the President - not Paterno.

Moreover, the assault that prompted the AG investigation occurred at a local school district - it had nothing to do with Paterno.

There is nothing accurate about your statement. Sorry.

EDIT: I'll gove him the benefit of the doubt, maybe when he callled the police, it went right to the AD.

JoePa wouldn't even take away Sandusky's keys to the football complex that he oversaw. JoePa did nothing.

I don't understand what that means "for all intents and purposes" he allowed it happen.

He was not the police - he was not an employer after 1998 - he was never a friend and he was not a witness.

Moreover, the assault that prompted the AG investigation occurred at a local school district - it had nothing to do with Paterno.

OrangePa=Karissa Maxwell

Nothing worse than a JoePa apologist

So when it was reported to Paterno, he thought, "That's awful. Should I call the police? No, I'll call the AD about someone who isn't employed with PSU. That's the best option. I wouldn't want the football program being affected by this."

So, you believe that when he was told that something sexual apparently happened in the shower - by the assistant coach - that he should have called the police? Or, the local District Attorney?

You mean he should have skipped the AD and the President of the University? He should have ignored the chain of command? Should he have gone over the Sandusky's home and confronted him?

Again, I think it's way too easy to make a statement that he did the least he could do.

And in light of his years of doing good and his difficult health situation, I think a bit of empathy is in order.

OrangePa=Karissa Maxwell

Nothing worse than a JoePa apologist

I remember what a clown Craig Carton was when he worked at 610 WIP in Philly.

Good response.

I guess John Sandusky is better than what you have described as "a Joe Paterno apologist"
If you want to defend a child predator and his buddy who didn't stop him because he cared about winning football games more than the safety of innocent children, GO FOR IT! That says a lot about you...and NOT in a good way!

You are a JoePa apologist and no better than any of those lunatics who were rioting in support of Joe Pa in Happy Valley a few months back. YOU ARE LOST ON THE ISSUE! And pulling lame excuses out of your ass to defend this horrible and rotten human being named Joe Paterno who stood by and did nothing while children were being abused under his nose and in his back yard for over a decade is just sad!

So when it was reported to Paterno, he thought, "That's awful. Should I call the police? No, I'll call the AD about someone who isn't employed with PSU. That's the best option. I wouldn't want the football program being affected by this."

Really? That's what thought?

How do you know that?

So, you believe that when he was told that something sexual apparently happened in the shower - by the assistant coach - that he should have called the police? Or, the local District Attorney?

You mean he should have skipped the AD and the President of the University? He should have ignored the chain of command? Should he have gone over the Sandusky's home and confronted him?

Again, I think it's way too easy to make a statement that he did the least he could do.

And in light of his years of doing good and his difficult health situation, I think a bit of empathy is in order.

If someone came to you and said they saw a former employee at your office having sex with a young boy, you would call your boss rather than calling the police? You have got to be kidding me!

If you want to defend a child predator and his buddy who didn't stop him because he cared about winning football games more than the safety of innocent children, GO FOR IT! That says a lot about you...and NOT in a good way!

You are a JoePa apologist and no better than any of those lunatics who were rioting in support of Joe Pa in Happy Valley a few months back. YOU ARE LOST ON THE ISSUE! And pulling lame excuses out of your ass to defend this horrible and rotten human being named Joe Paterno who stood by and did nothing while children were being abused under his nose and in his back yard for over a decade is just sad!

A few things.

First, I am not apologizing for anybody. I am responding to hateful posts that rely upon supposition rather than fact in the context of an old man who is apparently on his death bed.

Second, the notion that Joe Paterno had a friendship with Sandusky is false. It's well known that they had no personal relationship and did not associate him at all.

Third, the notion suggested by your post that Paterno upon hearing from the assistant coach should have gone over to Sandusky's home and taken matters into his own hands is nothing short of silly.

Fourth, I hope you're right about one thing. That I choose to rely upon fact - and not speculation - and that I choose to feel empathy for a man who I rooted against for many years, but who led a very admirable life and who is probably about to die, hopefully does say something about me.

A few things.

First, I am not apologizing for anybody. I am responding to hateful posts that rely upon supposition rather than fact in the context of an old man who is apparently on his death bed.

Second, the notion that Joe Paterno had a friendship with Sandusky is false. It's well known that they had no personal relationship and did not associate him at all.

Third, the notion suggested by your post that Paterno upon hearing from the assistant coach should have gone over to Sandusky's home and taken matters into his own hands is nothing short of silly.

Fourth, I hope you're right about one thing. That I choose to rely upon fact - and not speculation - and that I choose to feel empathy for a man who I rooted against for many years, but who led a very admirable life and who is probably about to die, hopefully does say something about me.

One big apology! You are an apologist!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom