OT. Who is the Baddest A any sport all time SU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT. Who is the Baddest A any sport all time SU

Jim Nance. NCAA heavyweight wrestling champ and MVP in the AFL. 6"1, 260 as pro football player at running back.

2sae27.jpg

Gotta be 44 Jim Brown.

Derrick Coleman is right there with him on the Mount Rushmore of Bad, Bad Men.

I think you have to add Pearl. He punched Ewing on national TV. And of course the half court shot. He was a sweet, unassuming man, but he was a freaking rock star.

As Kenny Smith said in tribute to the Pearl, "He was Jay Z before there was Jay Z. He rode into a gym in Brooklyn on a motorcycle with a beautiful girl on the back. He gets off the bike, drops 68 points, and then rides off. That's the kind of stuff Dave Chappelle and Charlie Murphy said about Prince. Pearl was like that.

Larry Csonka was a human battering ram. I got to see him plenty of times as a kid. He was OK as a pro, I'd say. LOL

And I think Eric Dungey is right up there with all of them. I never saw a guy give a defender a Mortal Kombat style leaping karate kick to the chest before like that. And it became an almost regular part of his repertoire over time. He was freaking unbelievable.

Eric Dungey ( on field only)

You really hate to get into an "off field" division ... but there's DW, LM ...

Didn’t Sherman Douglas take a swing at DC (in practice)? That’s gotta be worth something on this list.

I do recall DC taunting him often with "Baby Face."

DC was brought up in a tough section of Detroit. You learn to handle yourself or get shut down.

I know he lost at least one of his friends in the 'hood shot and killed.

Depends on how we are defining the biggest bad a$$. But if it is a street fight situation...its Mark Kerr and not really close.

Honestly, just watch Dungey’s career highlights vs BC. I’m not sure what off-field stuff could even trump that.

I didn't see this and apologies is already posted, but some interesting SU related stuff from Baron Davis on this podcast. Fast forward to the 42:40 mark

Depends on how we are defining the biggest bad a$$. But if it is a street fight situation...its Mark Kerr and not really close.

I'm not familiar with that story. Can you share details?

I'm not familiar with that story. Can you share details?
There isnt necessarily a story. He was an NCAA champion wrestler, UFC champion, fought in pride. Has many submission grappling championships. I have wrestled my entire life from 5 years old through 4 years of college, I have also competed on an international level...I know what happens when you get into a street fight with wrestlers...let alone one of his caliber.

There isnt necessarily a story. He was an NCAA champion wrestler, UFC champion, fought in pride. Has many submission grappling championships. I have wrestled my entire life from 5 years old through 4 years of college, I have also competed on an international level...I know what happens when you get into a street fight with wrestlers...let alone one of his caliber.

Lots of votes for DC...but IMO Kerr eats DC's lunch 99/100

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom