OT. Who is the Baddest A any sport all time SU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT. Who is the Baddest A any sport all time SU

I have wrestled my entire life from 5 years old through 4 years of college, I have also competed on an international level...I know what happens when you get into a street fight with wrestlers...let alone one of his caliber.
then you should know gene mills >>> mark kerr

There isnt necessarily a story. He was an NCAA champion wrestler, UFC champion, fought in pride. Has many submission grappling championships. I have wrestled my entire life from 5 years old through 4 years of college, I have also competed on an international level...I know what happens when you get into a street fight with wrestlers...let alone one of his caliber.

Yeah, I just looked him up on Wikipedia. I used to follow wrestling a bit in its CNY hay day of the 1970s, but I didn't know this guy.

then you should know gene mills >>> mark kerr
If it were a wrestling match and they were at comparable weights...we have a discussion.

If it were a wrestling match and they were at comparable weights...we have a discussion.
There is no issue...although Mark Kerr really reached that status after he left SU.

Gene Mills was the best wrestler ever in Orange.
2-time NCAA champ and would have been 1980 Olympian had the US not pulled out of the Olympics.

Dan Gable brought his top ranked Iowa team into Syracuse in '81.
At the time the Orange were ranked something like 5th.
Big showdown.
Iowa cleaned the mat at every weight class (including Mike Rotunda at heavyweight) except Gene's.
Gene brutalized his opponent after the guy he'd lost to in the NCAA finals the year before was put at a higher weight class.

There is no issue...although Mark Kerr really reached that status after he left SU.

2-time NCAA champ and would have been 1980 Olympian had the US not pulled out of the Olympics.

Big showdown.
Iowa cleaned the mat at every weight class (including Mike Rotunda at heavyweight) except Gene's.
Gene brutalized his opponent after the guy he'd lost to in the NCAA finals the year before was put at a higher weight class.

I meant "we have a discussion" just as in something to discuss. By no means do I think that Mark Kerr was on the same level as Gene.

if there's one guy i wouldn't want to quarrel with, its marvin harrison.

also, can we change the title to baddest?

Big showdown.
I was there. So disappointing, especially after Mills' match.

Iowa was loaded that year.

I was there. So disappointing, especially after Mills' match.

Iowa was loaded that year.

Iowa was loaded EVERY year under Gable. No shame in losing to them.

Iowa was loaded EVERY year under Gable. No shame in losing to them.
I know, but walking through the Manley doors that day, I was not expecting 3-41 (or whatever the final score was, I know it was close to that).

As Kenny Smith said in tribute to the Pearl, "He was Jay Z before there was Jay Z. He rode into a gym in Brooklyn on a motorcycle with a beautiful girl on the back. He gets off the bike, drops 68 points, and then rides off. That's the kind of stuff Dave Chappelle and Charlie Murphy said about Prince. Pearl was like that.
Here's the real story. Can't read this enough times.
The Legend of Pearl

My vote is DC, and I was lucky enough to have 2 beers with Jim Brown in an airport bar, he's not a particularly nice guy either. Some guys can wrestle, box etc. But on the street it's always a different story of mixing it up with a straight up brawler, as the SU f'ball team, Cornell, others found out. This story is mainly about Oakley but the point of DC being one of the toughest and biggest badasses in the NBA let alone college, is well documented, before and after Chucky Brown's story.
https://nypost.com/2017/01/10/charles-oakleys-legendary-slap-of-charles-barkley-confirmed/

FWIW, Oakley used to work out in Chicago with a friend of mine who is female, tall and muscular.

I didn't see this and apologies is already posted, but some interesting SU related stuff from Baron Davis on this podcast. Fast forward to the 42:40 mark

Ha, I was going to post this. That was a funny story.

deshaun williams broke every rule ever written here and even punched OTTO in the face. he's a major disgracer.
toughest dude...jim brown. zonk. and yes i like the donovan darius call. safety delivered some crippling shots.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom