(Other) Grad Transfer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

(Other) Grad Transfer

Personally, I hate it.
I used to love the first time seeing freshmen for the first time in their Syracuse uniforms. Some might not see the court for a couple of years but watching them develop and ensure one great season after another. Now, people are in and out so freaking quick...the college game is lost.

Issac Abergut looks like a pretty good prospect from JUCO, looks like 6’7 wing player!!!

Gillon's transfer was announced in May 2016.

White's transfer, although widely rumored, wasn't announced until Aug 2016.

Hughes' transfer was announced in May 2017.

Thorpe's transfer was announced in June 2017.

Just because we haven't added anyone on March 17 doesn't mean that we won't be adding anyone.
Personally, I hate it.
It is what it is at this point. If guys are going to leave early you have to fill the roster somehow.

any chance we could go after somebody with a couple years left instead of a grad?

It is what it is at this point. If guys are going to leave early you have to fill the roster somehow.

We have 10 players. We’ve played seasons with less. 2003 for example.

Im sure they’ll take a grad transfer if he is a likely contributor, but I don’t think they’re in a position where they need bodies just to have them. Maybe at guard, it would be nice to have 1 more.

But going into a season with 10 scholarship players is hardly unprecedented, even before sanctions. 2003 for example, we had a bunch of guys that weren’t very good transfer out before that like Greg Davis and James Thues. Deshaun Williams left. We moved Duany to guard, otherwise all we had was GMac, Pace, and a suspended for the first 12 games Edelin.

The usual suspects along with some other interesting names...

Last edited:
Minutes next year:

Sid 30
Marek 39
Guerrier 36
Buddy 39
Joe 35
Richmond 11
Edwards 10

The only think keeping Marek on the bench is foul trouble. Which is guaranteed, so I think he's closer to 34mpg than 40.

Agreed. They’d be a great forward combo in 1999. Like Blackwell and Brown.

But in 2020, we need at least one of them to be a shooter.
I was watching the 2005 team.
I miss a Josh Pace type 3rd scorer.
Kris Joseph was like that.
Guys who weren’t shooters but drove the ball and collapsed defenses on penetration. It gave us more diversity in the offense.

I think ISO really made the offense so unwatchable we wanted shooting but we need an all around team.
Shooting, post option, penetrating SF.

Think GMac-Hak-Pace

We have the GMac in Girard.

Need a Hak and Pace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online