Other than TCU, who has benefitted from the recent round | Syracusefan.com

Other than TCU, who has benefitted from the recent round

of realignment more than SU?
The more shoes hit the floor, the more blessed I feel we are with the changes in alignment. We chose wisely.

Boise State?

I kid, I kid. I think there are some heads about to explode west of the Mississippi.

Agree. Probably SU.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Boise State?

I kid, I kid. I think there are some heads about to explode west of the Mississippi.

Are they seriously still joining the Big East? I find that to be a very interesting decision.

TCU & Utah gained seats at a big-boy table, Syracuse, Pitt & WVU kept theirs... though the couch burners will be doing a lot more traveling.

TCU & Utah gained seats at a big-boy table, Syracuse, Pitt & WVU kept theirs... though the couch burners will be doing a lot more traveling.
While we did "keep our seats" they were going to be pulled out from under us if we didn't move.

Definitely not a lateral move for us and Pitt.

I'd have to think Utah was the biggest winner though I am partial to us.

Not only is SU gaining a 50% increase in the revenue line if rolled up projections are correct (from $50M to $75M), and that's before selling one more ticket or jersey, and two of it's immediate recruiting rivals in traditional areas for football are taking really big hits.

TCU and Utah were already playing at a high level and recruiting well.

From a total program perspective I don't anyone can say they've had a better outcome than SU.

of realignment more than SU?
An additional benefit, not accounted on any ledger, is that the ACC now has:

Boston College
Syracuse
Notre Dame
Wake Forest
Duke
Miami

40% of the membership is private schools. It's good to be in a conference with a lot of other schools who understand the budgeting issues we face, compared to an Ohio State or Alabama or UCLA.

WVU did pretty well, IMO.
Money wise YES...but their athletes in many cases are going to pay the price with the excessive travel...also the WVU locust can't travel to nearby conference games anymore.

Money wise YES...but their athletes in many cases are going to pay the price with the excessive travel...also the WVU locust can't travel to nearby conference games anymore.

Yes, WVU basically got rebuffed by their first and 2nd choices (SEC & ACC) and had to settle for a position in a conference based in the Great Plains. Better than the Big East? Absolutely. But their admins would be lying if they said the Big 12 was their first choice. Good job by them finding a home outside of the Big Dumpster Fire.

WVU and the rest of the Big 12 members will each earn about $20MM a year. That's pretty salty.

SU, Pitt, WVU the biggest winners. They got the life boats off the sinking ship. All 3 will survive football wise going forward. Maybe not win a bunch of games but are at least in a relevant conference. Schools like USF, UCONN, Rutgers, Cincy, even L'Ville going forward ...well its a matter of WHEN they fall off the cliff and not IF they fall off the cliff.

Hard to not go with Mizzou and TAMU. They joined the SEC.
Power conference to a super power conference. If they stayed they wouldn't have lost much. Pitt, SU, WVU if they stayed would have died in the Big East. Mizz and TexAM weren't going to die football wise if they stayed in the Big12

There are many, many winners. I rank them in groups, biggest winners on top

SU, obviously
Pitt, see above
ACC

Colorado, No longer controlled by Texas
Nebraska, See Colorado
TAMU, See Colorado
Mizzou, See Colorado

Utah
TCU

All Big 12 teams not named Texas or Oklahoma (By Texas staying, they are not relegated to becoming a CUSA of the Plains)

Boise State
Houston
SMU
Memphis
UCF
Temple

Hard to not go with Mizzou and TAMU. They joined the SEC.

SU is going from 3.6M in rights revenue to close to 20M with the ND addition. Those two schools will realize a marginal increase from where they were.

SU has a ton of head room for ticket sales in football. My guess is that joining the ACC and the improvement in the program will boost ave. attendence from 40K to 45K, at least. This move will improve donations significantly.

Lax is going to be supercharged, expect overall attendence to double, and conference games to average at least 10K.

Utah.

Went from being in a non-BCS league (which will be even weaker going forward given how things have shaken out) to pulling down serious coin in a league they are a natural geographic fit in.

I mean SU's revenue jump is huge, but Utah's is even bigger.

There are many, many winners. I rank them in groups, biggest winners on top

SU, obviously
Pitt, see above
ACC

Colorado, No longer controlled by Texas
Nebraska, See Colorado
TAMU, See Colorado
Mizzou, See Colorado

Utah
TCU

All Big 12 teams not named Texas or Oklahoma (By Texas staying, they are not relegated to becoming a CUSA of the Plains)

Boise State
Houston
SMU
Memphis
UCF
Temple

1) ND is a big winner by maintaining its football independence, with 5 annual games against ACC teams, aligning itself with excellent academic schools in a north-south east coast conference, gaining bowl access and conference/independence security.

2) SU is a huge winner not only for sports competition and revenue, but the university's association with top rated ACC member schools including ND.

3) the ACC is a big winner by becoming a true north-south east coast conference.

The adds of SU, Pitt, BC and now ND is going to pay off long term in bringing the ACC brand to the entire east coast, including the northeast, in an historically new way. The 3 time revenue penalty along with the ND add and likely ESPN TV payout increase is likely to end even "dude" like rumors of ACC teams being in play.

SU is going from 3.6M in rights revenue to close to 20M with the ND addition. Those two schools will realize a marginal increase from where they were.

SU has a ton of head room for ticket sales in football. My guess is that joining the ACC and the improvement in the program will boost ave. attendence from 40K to 45K, at least. This move will improve donations significantly.

Lax is going to be supercharged, expect overall attendence to double, and conference games to average at least 10K.

A ton of head room for ticket sales? I'm not hearing that at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom