Our crying need. A true center! | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Our crying need. A true center!

I watched some of the Missouri Valley Conference final yesterday.

Both Drake and Indiana St had Cs that Syracuse is in need of. If they can get them why cant Syracuse? The coaches need to troll the portal for guys like this, not 200 lbs soaking wet, dont have to be 7 ft 2, have production in college so far. Both of these guys avg over double figures in the Horizon league. Guys like this may not avg as much in the ACC but Id bet its more than the McCloud, Hima, Carey, Patterson committee will produce.

Darnell Brodie - Drake Bulldogs Forward - ESPN

Robbie Avila - Indiana State Sycamores Center - ESPN
Brodie has to be out of eligibility. He’s a former Seton Hall guy.

I feel like 15mins at PF and 15mins at C next season for him makes sense.
This seems like break glass. If we pick up a portal center and Naheem is healthy enough to back up, we won't have to ask Maliq to play OOP more than 10 minutes (5 a half). He has the ability IMO to double his scoring as an ACC stretch 4. Hopefully the staff can build a roster that let's him do that. Free Maliq!

What good strides has Carey made? He has 9 points, 12 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 18 fouls on the year.
Well, he couldn’t play basketball at all for two years due to injuries, now he can. So there is that. I hope some of the folks who post here have far more patience with their children and spouses than they exhibit here.
Carey will be a good player, with time.

Well, he couldn’t play basketball at all for two years due to injuries, now he can. So there is that. I hope some of the folks who post here have far more patience with their children and spouses than they exhibit here.
Carey will be a good player, with time.
I don't think he will ever be a good player in a Syracuse Uniform.

He hasn't been good this year.

But Carey isn't a lost cause yet. He's been injured so long that he looks incredibly goofy when he actually takes to the court.

But he's very long and athletic. Sometimes players grow out of goofy and become good.

He's got some time to make that change.
If I was Red I'd send Carey over to the football team and tell him not to come back until he's put on 30 lbs of muscle.. maybe can toughen him up a little while he's over there...

I forget which poster has banged the drum for the UAB center should he portal. I watched them in AAC tournament. He's really good. Double-double machine. Good shout from you poster I can't remember at this moment.

I forget which poster has banged the drum for the UAB center should he portal. I watched them in AAC tournament. He's really good. Double-double machine. Good shout from you poster I can't remember at this moment.
UAB could do some work in the NCAAT, they are a live Cinderella. This next comment isn't for you, Nobody from Stanford is transferring to Syracuse, good grief.

UAB could do some work in the NCAAT, they are a live Cinderella. This next comment isn't for you, Nobody from Stanford is transferring to Syracuse, good grief.
Thanks. Just picked San Diego State to cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom