Our crying need. A true center! | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Our crying need. A true center!

Listen up everyone because I'm only gonna write this once -

Maliq Brown is you're starting center next season and you're going take it, and you're going to like it.
Cant Stand It Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

I don’t disagree, but it’s far from ideal, especially when we aren’t even close to that type of lead guard.

Yes, but if we could get a legit PG, it could make a square peg or two fit better. I'm not thrilled that the first couple guards I've heard us mentioned with were combo guards who were primarily scorers, not assist men.

I will be shocked if Freeman doesn't start

How about that Christ Essandoko kid from St Joe’s? He’s Erik Reynolds’ teammate, a big body and can knock down 3s. He looked pretty good against Seton Hall last night. He could play like 20mpg and give us a big body in the middle. And he’s only a freshman.

Last edited:
SU needs a rebound guy around 8+ a game that can block a shot or two and doesn't look lost when somebody passes him the ball around the basket. Go up strong.

How about that Christ Essandoko kid from St Joe’s? He’s Erik Reynolds’ teammate, a big body and can knock down 3s. He looked pretty good against Seton Hall last night. He could play like 20mpg and give us a big body in the middle. And he’s only a freshman.
Look at all of us tampering with everyone else’s players. Do you think other fans are saying the same thing about our players? We all complain about the portal, but we’ve all become general managers looking for free agents. It’s added another season for hoops.

Watching March Madness, team after team after team have 2-4 capable bigs. We got 1. Some are short, but built like brick houses. Others are taller, but not soft. All have a variety of moves, soft hands and can rebound.

Need to take this position more seriously.

Wes Johnson (best transfer we ever got?)
I might take Hughes over him just by a hair. That 2010 team was one of my favorites, but I feel like Hughes had to carry us more his last year, whereas Johnson got to be a great piece on a team filled with great pieces that all complemented each other perfectly to be more than the sum of their parts. Watching Wes get up on break away dunks was really fun though.

I might take Hughes over him just by a hair. That 2010 team was one of my favorites, but I feel like Hughes had to carry us more his last year, whereas Johnson got to be a great piece on a team filled with great pieces that all complemented each other perfectly to be more than the sum of their parts. Watching Wes get up on break away dunks was really fun though.
That’s a very tough decision. I would def loop Silent G into that conversation too! He was crucial to a ton of big wins!

If it wasn't for AO's injury that team would've won the natty. Wes made that team elite.

I may be wrong but if Bell stays, Red promised him he would still start and play a lot. I have been knocked herebye saying this, but Bell will play at 2 a bit. He is a 2 in and if he makes NBA. Yes everyone, he needs better defense and betterball handling but he is only a soph so give him time. He does need to work on shots of of picks and to dribble down to 10 ft to be ready for the big show.

I don’t care what position he plays. He can’t dribble more than twice and he can’t play defense.

I want him back bc at the college level his one ability is key, but Bell can’t even score coming off screens.

You put him at the two, it’s downhill skiing season on our frontline and he will be hunted like he’s never seen before.

Bell should come back. But he needs to be surrounded by the right guys and listen to the coaches (as does everyone).

If we can rebound and push tempo, Bell should cook as a trailer on fast breaks.

The two at the NBA? He’s a world away. He should be in the lab sprinting through screens and learning how to come off them going left to right and right to left and be on HGH getting stronger so he can get lift and stay square.

He’s a St Johns lock. His old agent is the St Johns GM
Yes, it clearly says that in that article, but that didn't prevent 15 other major programs from contacting him.

I don’t care what position he plays. He can’t dribble more than twice and he can’t play defense.

I want him back bc at the college level his one ability is key, but Bell can’t even score coming off screens.

You put him at the two, it’s downhill skiing season on our frontline and he will be hunted like he’s never seen before.

Bell should come back. But he needs to be surrounded by the right guys and listen to the coaches (as does everyone).

If we can rebound and push tempo, Bell should cook as a trailer on fast breaks.

The two at the NBA? He’s a world away. He should be in the lab sprinting through screens and learning how to come off them going left to right and right to left and be on HGH getting stronger so he can get lift and stay square.

Neither could Southerland, and I don't know if you remember, but JB actually tried him at the two a couple times. Didn't last long as an experiment, but he did try it.

Close but Wes to me was dynamic. I mean watching him play was was really jaw dropping some of the stuff he did.

Neither could Southerland, and I don't know if you remember, but JB actually tried him at the two a couple times. Didn't last long as an experiment, but he did try it.

All for trying it. Dont think it will work.

Close but Wes to me was dynamic. I mean watching him play was was really jaw dropping some of the stuff he did.

Wes’ greatest limitation was being unable to get his own shot, whenever he wanted it.

He could do a 1 or 2-dribble move to free up for a 3, and he was amazing around the rim w his ups and length.

Great defender, phenomenal rebounder for his size, and tremendous weak-side shotblocker.

Wes was an AA for a reason.

But he didn’t have that part of his game where he could dribble and just get to a shot, which dudes like Battle & Eli had in spades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom