Our fans | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Our fans

Just for the sake of defending the antagonizer, who is being a bit harsh - Syracuse does kind of suck (for certain reasons). :)

I love it, but I went to school here. I'm not sure if you lack any tangible connection (i.e. didn't grow up upstate, go to school upstate, etc...) that you could get much joy out of it - unless you really love drive and depart type living. There is nothing wrong with that if it's your thing btw.

It's got to be one of the least walk-able cities you could find. Also, the way they tore down James Street, etc...has left the city with little of the history that give people a warm-fuzzy feeling. Even the campus is easily one of the worst if you're just a visitor/civilian you could ever witness at a legit school. Which isn't to say people don't love it, but if you're driving in from Madison, WI, or somewhere like that, you're jaw probably drops at the sight of it. lol

Anyway, this is more for an off-topic thread. I love Syracuse, think it has a lot of potential, and I do like the way downtown is revitalizing, Armory Square is fine, people are moving in as fast as housing can go up, so I think the tide is turning, which is awesome, but that's my perspective on the city. :) If you're a sociable person though, and have friends, it's great. Anywhere is if you have that stuff though.

Just for the sake of defending the antagonizer, who is being a bit harsh - Syracuse does kind of suck (for certain reasons). :)

I love it, but I went to school here. I'm not sure if you lack any tangible connection (i.e. didn't grow up upstate, go to school upstate, etc...) that you could get much joy out of it - unless you really love drive and depart type living. There is nothing wrong with that if it's your thing btw.

It's got to be one of the least walk-able cities you could find. Also, the way they tore down James Street, etc...has left the city with little of the history that give people a warm-fuzzy feeling. Even the campus is easily one of the worst if you're just a visitor/civilian you could ever witness at a legit school. Which isn't to say people don't love it, but if you're driving in from Madison, WI, or somewhere like that, you're jaw probably drops at the sight of it. lol

Anyway, this is more for an off-topic thread. I love Syracuse, think it has a lot of potential, and I do like the way downtown is revitalizing, Armory Square is fine, people are moving in as fast as housing can go up, so I think the tide is turning, which is awesome, but that's my perspective on the city. :) If you're a sociable person though, and have friends, it's great. Anywhere is if you have that stuff though.
my god just stop it

Syracuse rocks.

A lot of beer, a lot of college sports, Kitty Hoynes, Pastabilities, Hoffmans, Wegmans and a lot of beer.

Syracuse rocks.

A lot of beer, a lot of college sports, Kitty Hoynes, Pastabilities, Hoffmans, Wegmans and a lot of beer.
dino bbq, shiftys, tipp hill, blue tusk, alto cinco (Westcott street), the otro on warren, danzers, delmonicos, tullys

dino bbq, shiftys, tipp hill, blue tusk, alto cinco (Westcott street), the otro on warren, danzers, delmonicos, tullys

We could go all damn night

Al's, Ichiban, The Retreat, Hyman Smith Coffee, 5 hour drive from Philly/NYC/Boston, the Adirondacks, and the Lizard

the funny thing about upstate new York is that everyone who moved away is constantly trying to convince you why they had to
We moved away to Florida when we first got married . Only lasted a couple of years. We couldn't wait to come back

We moved away to Florida when we first got married . Only lasted a couple of years. We couldn't wait to come back
i'm not trying to say that whatever decisions I have made in my life are right for everyone else. I do think that people probably make way more out of where you live than they should, unless you are rich. for the rest of us, there are pros and cons to living anywhere. there are pros and cons to living in Syracuse. for me at this stage of my life, the pros are more than the cons.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The town is a hole, they should have 50k there every game. Please give me one other thing to do in the winter other than to watch a Cuse game.
Suck it:
Finger Lakes Tops List of “World’s Best Lakeside Retreats” | NY Malpractice Attorney | New York Lawyer

And about 50 other reasons including this above in abundance right nearby:

Last edited:
We could go all damn night

Al's, Ichiban, The Retreat, Hyman Smith Coffee, 5 hour drive from Philly/NYC/Boston, the Adirondacks, and the Lizard
macduffs, anchor bar, the steer, Chippewa st., ...oh wait wrong city

Don't sugar coat it Mike! Lol!
I opened up the attached article and a window opens up and asks me if we want to chat so I said sure and said this " How can I sue someone for unsolicited ads and chatrooms for disturbing my peace"

I doubt that will ever pop up on me again....

Oh the nostalgia
I get to check in once in a while, it is interesting to me that our (former) rental house on highgate looks the same as it ever did, but so many other parts of south campus are unrecognizable to me. which is a good thing

I get to check in once in a while, it is interesting to me that our (former) rental house on highgate looks the same as it ever did, but so many other parts of south campus are unrecognizable to me. which is a good thing
Northrup and Winspear here

They both said they doubt they'd keep their season tickets. A long trip would just be made longer and more of a pain. The guy from Geneseo (he's a professor there) laughed and said if they are saying it will only add 15 minutes , then count on it being a half hour at the minimum. He said even 15 minutes would be a deal breaker for him coming from work for 7pm games and always getting home about 10:30 pm- 11pm like he does now. The couple from Marathon only said if they think we're sightseeing, they are wrong. Interesting take from SU out of town fans around me. Just got into the conversation at the end - don't know how it started.

This is going to sound kind of jerk-ish from me, but I could literally not care less about what anyone from Geneseo or Marathon has to say about 81. Not to mention the fact that they are freaking out about something that is a complete exaggeration. Tearing down 81 will not add 15 minutes to get to the university. Thinking it would add 30 minutes is laughable.

Coming from the west or north, the off-ramp for the university is literally right off of 690 and is right at the beginning of where the boulevard would start. There will be zero difference in time that it would take to get there. In fact, it may actually speed things up, as there would most likely be separate off-ramps from 690 and 81 to the boulevard, reducing the amount of backup caused.

Coming from the south may add a few extra minutes, but I can't see it being anything drastic, and it would also depend on where you are parking. If you park at Skytop or Manley, there would now be new options for you to get there. East Colvin Street, which is currently not accessible from 81, would now be available. I could also see the state working with the university to create a new/reconfigured on-ramp for Brighton Ave with easier/more direct access to Skytop. Sounds like a lot of hand-wringing from out-of-towners that don't really understand what is going on and what the impact would be on them.

This is going to sound kind of jerk-ish from me, but I could literally not care less about what anyone from Geneseo or Marathon has to say about 81. Not to mention the fact that they are freaking out about something that is a complete exaggeration. Tearing down 81 will not add 15 minutes to get to the university. Thinking it would add 30 minutes is laughable.

Coming from the west or north, the off-ramp for the university is literally right off of 690 and is right at the beginning of where the boulevard would start. There will be zero difference in time that it would take to get there. In fact, it may actually speed things up, as there would most likely be separate off-ramps from 690 and 81 to the boulevard, reducing the amount of backup caused.

Coming from the south may add a few extra minutes, but I can't see it being anything drastic, and it would also depend on where you are parking. If you park at Skytop or Manley, there would now be new options for you to get there. East Colvin Street, which is currently not accessible from 81, would now be available. I could also see the state working with the university to create a new/reconfigured on-ramp for Brighton Ave with easier/more direct access to Skytop. Sounds like a lot of hand-wringing from out-of-towners that don't really understand what is going on and what the impact would be on them.

Why did you ask then? I think we know. :p

We can ignore that 81 is an interstate not just a local boulevard and effects more than those living close enough who believe how it effects others just doesn't matter. I am not going to fight, I was born in Syracuse, know my way around, have no fear going through the city, I am retired so I don't have a job, kids anymore to rush to but I know many others do. It shouldn't be an emotional issue but a simple logistical, common sense , inclusive , open issue. Some people are going to be better served than others regardless of the resolution. I'm done (start the applause)., I promise no more thread hijacking:)

SU fans are the best by the way.

Why did you ask then? I think we know. :p

We can ignore that 81 is an interstate not just a local boulevard and effects more than those living close enough who believe how it effects others just doesn't matter. I am not going to fight, I was born in Syracuse, know my way around, have no fear going through the city, I am retired so I don't have a job, kids anymore to rush to but I know many others do. It shouldn't be an emotional issue but a simple logistical, common sense , inclusive , open issue. Some people are going to be better served than others regardless of the resolution. I'm done (start the applause)., I promise no more thread hijacking:)

SU fans are the best by the way.

Yeah it was a bait question, cuz I knew the answer haha. I just think there is a lot of misinformation out there about it, and these people's commutes to games are going to be very minimally affected if 81 is torn down through the city. Like I said, it could even improve commutes in the cases of some people.

In my early 20's and absolutely love Syracuse NY. Always something to do, if you know how to have fun.

Fab Melo approves this message. (Along with DC, Devo...most recently, banned recruit Justin Tucker, and too many to list unless we both have a multiple cups of coffee). No official word on whether Frank Howard approves this, stay tuned for more news at 9.

Fab Melo approves this message. (Along with DC, Devo...most recently, banned recruit Justin Tucker, and too many to list unless we both have a multiple cups of coffee). No official word on whether Frank Howard approves this, stay tuned for more news at 9.
hahaha won't find me at Chucks though

I'm not sure why NFL playoff games should affect the size of the crowd.

Hometown team in person >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> some other city's pro team on TV. Can't imagine any local person's rooting interest superseding that for SU. Not, at least, if we're talking about fans.

These aren't big crowds, but it's been interesting to see how many people want to vocally support the team during a tough stretch. And it's cool that Roberson's become such a fan favorite. He's getting a big ovation both subbing in the first time and out the last time recently.

saw Devo chilling behind the bench. any good accounts of the nineties halftime show ? crowd seemed engaged yesterday.

None. But they did a creepy thing where they played a canned version of the Lion King song and Otto held up a small stuffed Otto in Simba-like fashion, then dozens of people in the crowd inexplicably held up their infants and toddlers like Michael Jackson on the balcony.

Also, Sour Sitrus's first song of the day was the theme from Titanic which, if we hadn't played so well and earned our split with BC, could have broken the Unintentional Comedy Scale as we know it.

They both said they doubt they'd keep their season tickets. A long trip would just be made longer and more of a pain. The guy from Geneseo (he's a professor there) laughed and said if they are saying it will only add 15 minutes , then count on it being a half hour at the minimum. He said even 15 minutes would be a deal breaker for him coming from work for 7pm games and always getting home about 10:30 pm- 11pm like he does now. The couple from Marathon only said if they think we're sightseeing, they are wrong. Interesting take from SU out of town fans around me. Just got into the conversation at the end - don't know how it started.

Eh, they're great fans to make that trek, but they're just incorrect on the 81 thing. I don't know where they park, but just about everyone is going to have quicker access to the Dome without the viaduct. Odds are that they currently sit in backed up traffic waiting for the Harrison/Adams bottleneck to let them off the viaduct now. If they're on city streets, there are dozens of ways to keep moving at a reasonable speed and get to the garage or lot.

They're not alone on that issue. Too many doomsday worries about change, too little common sense about how streets work and traffic flows.

Danzer's hasn't existed for 13 months. And nobody would consider Tully's or Delmonico's the pride of a region.

Anyway, that's just a random list of restaurants that 90% of people drive to. That's the point he was making, and it doesn't paint the picture of a city that's competitive for successful professionals with choices.

And this is coming from a Syracuse supporter (to say the least).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom