Our next coach | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Our next coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you guys so convinced that babers is gone?

OR maybe, just maybe, Dino wasn't trying to leverage anything at all. But no one would believe that in Syracuse

I'd be disappointed if he and/or Wildhack weren't using it as leverage.

Dino has what he needs. This program is not made up of a bunch of cheapskates or insufferable people, which has been the narrative for so long

It has, however, been more fiscally responsible than many other programs and I hope it continues to be so

Unless an entity that is at a competitive disadvantage is willing to invest it will lose consistently. Prudence equals lack of will and vision

Unless an entity that is at a competitive disadvantage is willing to invest it will lose consistently. Prudence equals lack of will and vision
My argument is Syracuse has invested, has plans to invest, and will continue to invest. And some of us act like it does none of those

Wildhack has no problem with him

I'd rather go with Montgomery.

What I really want is for them to finally get their act together and get Baber the tools he needs to do his job.

Gross and admin dropped the ball and drove Marrone away, panic hired Shafer, and now that a true SU guy is the AD and we have coach with an approach that creates a competitive advantage freezes with the pen on the signature line.

Spend the money and get on with it.

I believe that is happening now.

If they hire Morris, which has been the most rumored name all week, then I'll be really disappointed in Dan Conley.

He's the one guy that should be saying Babers isn't going anywhere because he's got a great job.

I expect it from Bud and Thamel.
Why would you be disappointed in Conley for voicing his opinion, as he's paid to do?

Why would you be disappointed in Conley for voicing his opinion, as he's paid to do?

If Morris gets the job as most predict (and has once been leaked so it's obviously in the works), then I change my answer to be disappointed in whoever paid him for that opinion.

Guess he's just another local journo at this point.

This program may never have stability.

6a5224805abc82f57b8ac842e93a3b01.jpg
LMAO! Yet I see some resemblance!

If Morris gets the job as most predict (and has once been leaked so it's obviously in the works), then I change my answer to be disappointed in whoever paid him for that opinion.

Guess he's just another local journo at this point.

This program may never have stability.
I hate a negative slant as much as anybody, but that sounded like a couple of guys sitting around talking about what they think. I guess I don't fault that.

My problem with the local journo's is their negativity seeps through everything, opinion or not.

DC's not a journo, he's a local football guy paid here n there to come shoot the sh!.

I certainly understand the frustration though, and agree with it in a lot of other circumstances.

My argument is Syracuse has invested, has plans to invest, and will continue to invest. And some of us act like it does none of those
Investing is one thing, being on equal footing as all the other P5 schools is another. Even with the investment up to this point, we still aren't and some things are not about money.

Dino to Houston?
All due respect, and I don't wanna make it personal, but do you get your jollies by just stirring isht up?
First its "Dino to Baylor" and now when that doesn't pan out, its "Dino to Houston".
So... ANY opening that comes up, you're prepared to throw mindless speculation at it?
This is the type of muck-raking insecurity that adds to the anxiety level of any fanbase, IMO.
Why anyone would want to persist in this type of nonsense, AND perpetuate it on a school's message board is beyond me, but...whatever floats your boat, dude.Oh Lord
upload_2016-11-25_15-39-10.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread is why the Post-Standard trolls SU fans.
Carlson and Bud are reading this thread excited they get to troll us again.
At this point if Dino leaves after 1 year then it means our administration sucks and I don't believe that.

This thread is why the Post-Standard trolls SU fans.
Carlson and Bud are reading this thread excited they get to troll us again.
At this point if Dino leaves after 1 year then it means our administration sucks and I don't believe that.
It wouldn't mean our administration sucks, it would mean they are behind the times and unwilling to change to keep up.

All due respect, and I don't wanna make it personal, but do you get your jollies by just stirring isht up?
First its "Dino to Baylor" and now when that doesn't pan out, its "Dino to Houston".
So... ANY opening that comes up, you're prepared to throw mindless speculation at it?
This is the type of muck-raking insecurity that adds to the anxiety level of any fanbase, IMO.
Why anyone would want to persist in this type of nonsense, AND perpetuate it on a school's message board is beyond me, but...whatever floats your boat, dude...Oh Lord
View attachment 83140
Its just food for thought. Read my post again. I present 2 sides. I state that i think he is staying. I also state my trust in our admin. Last point. I truly believe that any of the coaches mentioned can do as as good a job as Dino.

So with that as a foundation.
Dino to LSU:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online