Our next coach | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Our next coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have a game next week. We don't have an opponent to prepare for.

What can Dino say that he didn't already say in yesterday's presser.
He can answer yet again the same questions from our crack squad of journos that get asked every week.

While I really want DB to stay (and I think he will), why couldn't he have said something definitive like, "I will absolutely be coaching SU next season"?

Such a statement would have completely eliminated most of the angst around here.
He won't talk in absolutes because he looks like a bigger A-Hole if he goes against what he said publicly.

In coaching, there is ALWAYS a chance that someone throws the kitchen sink at him to go elsewhere, he isn't stupid.

We don't have a game next week. We don't have an opponent to prepare for.

What can Dino say that he didn't already say in yesterday's presser.
Agreed...some people on this board...smh

I don't think Bailey will be getting a xmas card from him.
I think Dino understands that Bailey is just doing his job. A few weeks ago Coach Babers was busting Bailey's chops during a break about a story he wrote about clock management and then they walked out of the Marriott engaged in a casual conversation.

Who is saying Babers is unhappy. As far as I can tell the only thing to be unhappy about would be attendance.
That is my fear? If they don't draw more fans I would be discouraged too. Take Dino at his word. The administration had better support him. With Jim's clock running, imagine both being losing programs? Might not need a new dome? If the AD's new football pricing is any indication, we'll see? To ask fans to pay earlier than before with the stands empty?

That is my fear? If they don't draw more fans I would be discouraged too. Take Dino at his word. The administration had better support him. With Jim's clock running, imagine both being losing programs? Might not need a new dome? If the AD's new football pricing is any indication, we'll see? To ask fans to pay earlier than before with the stands empty?

The AD is giving fans the option of paying earlier, not mandating they do so. Payments can be spread over a longer period of time. Not to mention that the PLC is being eliminated for some of the season ticket holders, making their ticket packages cheaper. I don't see how this is a bad thing for the fans at all.

Well this thread is as good time as any to remind you all that drinking alcohol is a great way to deal with the celebration of keeping/mourning of losing a football coach. Keeps me employed too ;)

Babers knew the attendance going in, 4-8 with some blow out losses ain't bringing the fans back and although the offense shows potential the points scored are far from staggering... What the F does he expect? It's like Saint Doug after 2010, they stunk at home and he wondered why fans still weren't back? 2011 he dropped 5 in a row after a great win versus WVU, then starts bad in 2012 and finished great, the year to test if attendance was going to start trending upward was 2013 with Marrone back as HC, that is why they panicked and hired Shafer because the team looked so good coming home in 2012.

These coaches want want want want but when do they deliver... two way street. Win dome GAMES and sustain and don't leave. What happens is Babers will have 1 good year, think he is a savior and move on.. It's what these guys do, hopefully next time we hire for sustainability and not hire a Shafer who watched too much Friday Night Lights.

Casual fans don't care about injuries or playing youth, they simply don't. I know because I get several texts from these fans every week complaining about how bad we are

Last edited:
"What can Dino say that he didn't already say in yesterday's presser."
nothing i heard from dino yesterday guaranteed he'd be back. he was cagey. "right now i'm focusing on syracuse" or something along those lines.
i'd expect he'll return but wouldn't be shocked if he didn't based on his own comments.

Prob should get the quote right

While I really want DB to stay (and I think he will), why couldn't he have said something definitive like, "I will absolutely be coaching SU next season"?

Such a statement would have completely eliminated most of the angst around here.

I agree.

I have two thoughts.

First, it may be that he meant to, but didn't, use the correct word - he may have meant 100% committed to Syracuse University rather than "100% locked in." He has had some subtle usage issues in the past, so it is certainly possible that he thought he was being definitive and it didn't come out exactly right.

Second, it may be that he wanted to convey his full commitment, while using less than definitive terms to exert some leverage on the University to make sure he gets what he was promised.

I liked the fact that he said "I have a heck of a job."

That told me a lot - that he likes the job and appreciates how good a job it is and can be.

So, all in all, I am happy with his statement.

Last edited:
PhatOrange said:
Where are they?

I would bet my last penny it's Detroit. Tirico is from there and Cass Tech is a good place for Dino to start recruiting cycle.

Plus Dino was at Hancock late this afternoon...not to many Oma Es you can get to that quick...Detroit is one of them.

^^^^ Nice find Kelly...look at that pic and anyone tell me HCDB is bolting and I'm just not believing it...HCDB looks into it if you ask me...and if HCDB is looking for a few more toys or project updates, exchanging laughs/words with Tirico in the airport is a good way to grease the skids...and Tirico...he is really good for Cuse sports...go Cuse!

Last edited:
I would bet my last penny it's Detroit. Tirico is from there and Cass Tech is a good place for Dino to start recruiting cycle.

Plus Dino was at Hancock late this afternoon...not to many Oma Es you can get to that quick...Detroit is one of them.

Good call. Looks like Baggage Claim at Detroit Metro Airport.
Curved ceiling structure over Dino's left shoulder is the same as what's running along the ceiling on the left side of the bottom pic
CyYiedrXcAEXPQT.jpg

a-woman-pick-up-her-baggage-at-the-luggage-carousel-of-the-detroit-DA40FG.jpg

Bo2KzlUIQAA2ysF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online