Our zone blows | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Our zone blows

That's kind of a stretch. Why not just take the quote at face value?

Again, it's JB's response that is in his book, that he co-authored. Hard to believe it's just him saying stuff.

However you feel about exclusive zone, running, etc. it behooves everyone to listen to JB himself for the reasons why.

There's a lot in "Bleeding Orange" about the zone defense. None of that was mentioned because the poster wanted to make a point so they cherry picked a quote.

JB in the post game press conference explains Pitt's success against SU. He said it was Pitt's defense not offense that was the problem for SU.

People on here either don't listen to these press conferences and other public utterances or they disregard them because what JB says runs counter to their preferred narrative.

That's kind of a stretch. Why not just take the quote at face value?

Again, it's JB's response that is in his book, that he co-authored. Hard to believe it's just him saying stuff.

However you feel about exclusive zone, running, etc. it behooves everyone to listen to JB himself for the reasons why.
Take your own advice and include all the logic on the zone from the book.

Because adjustments were made and they didn't get another look like they did.

This thread is to bash people but what's funny is the people who questioned our defense were asking for exactly what was done tonight. It's comical that people think we played up top tonight like we have all year.

Yeah, what's with these people? When SU wins I'm happy. The last thing on my mind is some anonymous names on a message board. Why someone's first instinct after a win is to start throwing crap on here is beyond me.

It's ironic, though, given how often the word "agenda" is used around here. In the last couple weeks, it's become clear who's got an agenda. And it's not what the popular opinion would tell you.

Yeah, what's with these people? When SU wins I'm happy. The last thing on my mind is some anonymous names on a message board. Why someone's first instinct after a win is to start throwing crap on here is beyond me.

It's ironic, though, given how often the word "agenda" is used around here. In the last couple weeks, it's become clear who's got an agenda. And it's not what the popular opinion would tell you.
Moqui said it perfectly, Metsie- it’s the hubris of those who feel that somehow they could do better, or know better, than our proven winner on the bench.
This years team had no business being here, was counted out numerous times, and yet here we are.
The audacity of some here who still feel the need to lament all the things JB doesn’t do, as opposed to what he does...which is win consistently, is flabbergasting.
The late Al McGuire had a quote about JB’s detractors after we beat Kansas in the regional final in ‘96- “Who says he can’t coach? All he does is win”!

I'm ecstatic Syracuse won last night. But this thread is a perfect example of black and white thinking. I can't recall ANYONE ever writing that our zone blows.

I've seen people suggest that we rely on it too heavily. I've seen people say we should mix it up from time to time. I've also seen people post that the exclusive zone effects recruiting. But I have NEVER seen anyone post that our zone blows. EVER!

One can desire to mix it up, or voice concerns about it hurting recruiting without being critical of the zone itself. IMO our zone is special, and hard to duplicate. It is absolutely a weapon against unprepared teams.

The dichotomous thinking on this board never seems to amaze me. We won! Be happy! Be unified! Go Orange!
I think the OP was being ironic, but I could be wrong.

JB in the post game press conference explains Pitt's success against SU. He said it was Pitt's defense not offense that was the problem for SU.

People on here either don't listen to these press conferences and other public utterances or they disregard them because what JB says runs counter to their preferred narrative.
Refs allowing Pitt players to mug Cuse guys didn't help either.

Moqui said it perfectly, Metsie- it’s the hubris of those who feel that somehow they could do better, or know better, than our proven winner on the bench.
This years team had no business being here, was counted out numerous times, and yet here we are.
The audacity of some here who still feel the need to lament all the things JB doesn’t do, as opposed to what he does...which is win consistently, is flabbergasting.
The late Al McGuire had a quote about JB’s detractors after we beat Kansas in the regional final in ‘96- “Who says he can’t coach? All he does is win”!

The pettiness of some who come on here to taunt (wait for it) fellow Syracuse fans is mind-boggling.

I generally like your posts and would think that you're better than that. Not sure about that "Metsie" bit, though.

The pettiness of some who come on here to taunt (wait for it) fellow Syracuse fans is mind-boggling.

I generally like your posts and would think that you're better than that. Not sure about that "Metsie" bit, though.
Whoa, slow down, Hoss!
Sorry that you misconstrued it, but that “Metsie” bit is a compliment, my good man, from a fellow diehard Mets fan.
I’m so diehard my nephews nicknamed me “Uncle Metsie”, & they call me that to this day!
Assumed you would know that already, but here’s where it comes from- “The Perfessur”:

Whoa, slow down, Hoss!
Sorry that you misconstrued it, but that “Metsie” bit is a compliment, my good man, from a fellow diehard Mets fan.
I’m so diehard my nephews nicknamed me “Uncle Metsie”, & they call me that to this day!
Assumed you would know that already, but here’s where it comes from- “The Perfessur”:

Right over my head! Love a good Casey allusion.

Bump...Our zone is really crap...crap I tell you!

Agreed, absolute crap. Three tourney teams that average 80+points per gamecan't score more than the fifties. If that ain't crap, nothing is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom