Oy, the hits keep right on a-coming | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oy, the hits keep right on a-coming

If he had a lobotomy I still would not believe that JB would be cheating on Julie! I got a trophy wife so where's that reporter! Yeah

Deadspin and TMZ are in the business of trying to wreck people for ad clicks.

If both outfits and everyone who works for them disappeared off the face of the planet tomorrow, no one would ever miss them.
Fishy it was very nice to see certain threads get nuked on the boneyard. Not sure if you had something to do with it but not piling on the Cuse was a nice touch.

Curious as to why our local media hasn't picked up on this (wsyr I understand).

#shutitdown

Wait... is the rumor really about Murphs wife? That is ridiculous!

are these the same dopes that broke the "scoop point shaving" scandal? Please...

TMZ didnt exactly report the rumor. They reported the Juli denial of the rumor, right?

These rumors weren't exactly quiet. But they seemed completely unfounded. And still do.

I think it is. And there isn't a news service of any worth that would touch that story.

That's god damn absurd. The favors those two do for each other is highlighted each season.

God I love Syracuse Basketball but I hate the news media that digs up bs every single year thats more absurd each and every time.

That's god damn absurd. The favors those two do for each other is highlighted each season.

God I love Syracuse Basketball but I hate the news media that digs up bs every single year thats more absurd each and every time.
what news service ran with this story? TMZ isn't a news service anymore than the enquirer is.

what news service ran with this story? TMZ isn't a news service anymore than the enquirer is.
I don't believe the story at all, I'm just mad that it's even been thought up.

First, TMZ might not report politics and/or world events, but they are very much a news organization.

I worked there for a brief time in 2008 and they take researching and breaking news very seriously.

They took it so seriously that I found it troubling. One thing I didn't care for was how much so many of the staff enjoyed taking people down though.

Soon after I started, I felt like Tom Cruise's character when he realized he worked for "The Firm."

Brittany Spears was in the midst of her infamous meltdown when I worked there and each day felt like Christmas morning to some of the employees who literally lived for that stuff.

Thankfully, I didn't dig up dirt or report that kind of stuff. My job was to write and produce the comical 60-90 second "stories" that appeared on the TV show. My favorite was a week-long "expose" on the man-crush Chris Farley's brother, Kevin, had on David Spade.

Second, I'm a million miles a way and this infidelity story made it to me weeks before it ended up on TMZ. I heard this rumor - along with other tangents to the details noted - right around New Years Eve.

I'm not saying it's true - only that TMZ didn't pull this out of thin air.

Just because you may have heard the rumor today, doesn't mean others didn't hear it a month or more ago.

Last edited:
First, TMZ might not report politics and/or world events, but they are very much a news organization.

I worked there for a brief time in 2008 and they take researching and breaking news very seriously.

I didn't care for how much so many of the staff enjoyed taking people down though.

Soon after I started I felt like Tom Cruise's character when he realized he worked for "The Firm."

Brittany Spears was in the midst of her infamous meltdown when I worked there and each day felt like Christmas morning to some of the employees who literally lived for that stuff.

Second, I'm a million miles a way and this infidelity story made it to me weeks before it ended up on TMZ. I heard this rumor - along with other tangents to the details noted - right around New Years Eve.

Just because you may have heard the rumor today, doesn't mean others didn't hear is a month or more ago.
I heard this rumor a couple of months ago along with a sister rumor that is more ridiculous than this one. That doesn't mean that a legit news service would run with this story. They wouldn't. Where is the meat? There is no evidence in the story. They heard some rumor and they asked the Boeheim's about it. The denial is the only part of the story that is news. And if that is the standard, you can ask anyone about a rumor and print their denial.

Fishy it was very nice to see certain threads get nuked on the boneyard. Not sure if you had something to do with it but not piling on the Cuse was a nice touch.

It's no secret that cto is a very good friend of mine - she's spent holidays with my family. As such, I don't give a flying -- about anyone's opinion of her based on some message board post and humoring pot shots is not in the cards.

Having a public life is perhaps the greatest curse in the world. Fame is overrated.

I understand that the ridicule of this article leads to humor, but there is something fundamentally unfunny about this. You can make a lot of money ruining other peoples' lives, and this is a prime example of it. An accusation like this colors everything about family life. Their children will have to deal with this at school. No one in the family can go out in public without girding themselves against what people are thinking about them.

Next time you feel you get dissed in a contact with a celebrity, just realize that they have to deal with this carp everyday.

When I shop at a supermarket and get in line for the purchase, inevitably there is some tabloid rag for sale. I make it a point to turn the cover around to the back cover. The people who print this garbage are pathetic, and pathological.

Having a public life is perhaps the greatest curse in the world. Fame is overrated.

I understand that the ridicule of this article leads to humor, but there is something fundamentally unfunny about this. You can make a lot of money ruining other peoples' lives, and this is a prime example of it. An accusation like this colors everything about family life. Their children will have to deal with this at school. No one in the family can go out in public without girding themselves against what people are thinking about them.

Next time you feel you get dissed in a contact with a celebrity, just realize that they have to deal with this carp everyday.

When I shop at a supermarket and get in line for the purchase, inevitably there is some tabloid rag for sale. I make it a point to turn the cover around to the back cover. The people who print this garbage are pathetic, and pathological.
When you think about it, the supermarket tabloids were kind of the original fake news.

They took it so seriously that I found it troubling. One thing I didn't care for was how much so many of the staff enjoyed taking people down though.

Soon after I started, I felt like Tom Cruise's character when he realized he worked for "The Firm."

Thankfully, I didn't dig up dirt or report that kind of stuff. My job was to write and produce the comical 60-90 second "stories" that appeared on the TV show. My favorite was a week-long "expose" on the man-crush Chris Farley's brother, Kevin, had on David Spade.

Just because you may have heard the rumor today, doesn't mean others didn't hear is a month or more ago.

Don't try to position TMZ as a truly legitimate journalistic operation. I mean...please...don't.

NYT, then LA Times, then TMZ

Not sure what the angle is here, but that looks like journalistic evolution in reverse. TMZ is not in the same breath as the others.

I heard this rumor a couple of months ago along with a sister rumor that is more ridiculous than this one. That doesn't mean that a legit news service would run with this story. They wouldn't. Where is the meat? There is no evidence in the story. They heard some rumor and they asked the Boeheim's about it. The denial is the only part of the story that is news. And if that is the standard, you can ask anyone about a rumor and print their denial.
Heard the same sister rumor last week in Syracuse - what a bunch of malarkey...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom