Paging Laray Smith | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Paging Laray Smith

I think you overtook my dying position comment. By quite a bit, LOL.

What I meant was that you wont be seeing the run to pass the ball anymore. It is leaning to the exact opposite now in college and in the NFL, and somewhat what we did last year.

It would be a stretch to say that we used 4 rb's last year - but I guess you could make that argument. But in any case, we would easily be able to find a 4th if youre able to use this year as an argument. We could use a dlineman in goal line situations or always bring in a hybrid wr/rb.

You are right, we actually played 4 guys but really only needed 3 and the majority of carries went to 2. We were lucky though as none of them were injured.

I would like to see 1 RB in this class and some OL or secondary help with the last few slots.

Very.
It's not the first time I've mentioned this.

It's disrespectful to the players. Each of the players mentioned have simple abbreviations (AAM & MCW). If a player's name is too long or difficult to spell out then use the abbreviation, don't just use part of his name. AAM's entry in the phone book is listed under "A", not "M".

I personally refuse to acknowledge hyphenated last names. They're incredibly stupid. Pick one. Otherwise, where does it end? Pretty soon we'll be seeing people with five last names, all hyphenated. It's ridiculous.

I personally refuse to acknowledge hyphenated last names. They're incredibly stupid. Pick one. Otherwise, where does it end? Pretty soon we'll be seeing people with five last names, all hyphenated. It's ridiculous.
So, you're going to take it out on a kid just because you don't like how his parents named him?

You mentioned hyphenated last names, how about first names (e.g. PTG)?

Maybe you're just jealous that you didn't get one of those fancy names. :)

So, you're going to take it out on a kid just because you don't like how his parents named him?

You mentioned hyphenated last names, how about first names (e.g. PTG)?

Maybe you're just jealous that you didn't get one of those fancy names. :)

I don't see how harmlessly ignoring the first section of a hyphenated last name is "taking it out on a kid."

But regardless...even if the silly last name(s) is (are?) the parent's choice - when they turn 18, they can legally change their name to that of a normal person. God bless America!

I don't see how harmlessly ignoring the first section of a hyphenated last name is "taking it out on a kid."
You're basically choosing to ignore his given name and call him by some other name.

If the kid's OK with it then that's fine. I'm sure they've heard it all before... but that doesn't mean that they like it. Unless we really know what a player's preference is, it's probably easier around these parts to simply use the player's 3-letter abbreviation (AAM, MCW, PTG). I'll shut up now...

Indiana wants me
Lord

I can't go back there.
Indiana wants me
Lord

I can't go back there

/​