Paging Laray Smith | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Paging Laray Smith

Without a pay "barrier" I will limit this to being polite as possible. This kid IMO doesn't really want to commit to football. Gus is a much more talanted RB. Smith is a great sprinter playing football. Nothing wrong with running track, just need to make a choice.

Seems that way to me as well. You don't play D1 football if you aren't in it 100%. In fact you don't play any level of college football if you aren't in it 100%. Sounds like he has a bright future in track if he decides he isn't into football 100%.

Seems that way to me as well. You don't play D1 football if you aren't in it 100%. In fact you don't play any level of college football if you aren't in it 100%. Sounds like he has a bright future in track if he decides he isn't into football 100%.
Unless you are Qadry Ismail.

May well be true but he has more than straight speed - he has some crazy cutback elusiveness. Think he could be a dynamic D1 RB if he wants it.

Without a pay "barrier" I will limit this to being polite as possible. This kid IMO doesn't really want to commit to football. Gus is a much more talanted RB. Smith is a great sprinter playing football. Nothing wrong with running track, just need to make a choice.

May well be true but he has more than straight speed - he has some crazy cutback elusiveness. Think he could be a dynamic D1 RB if he wants it.

Last thing we need is a soft back that tip toes around the field trying not to take hits/getting hurt...with olympic sprinting dreams... He won't play if that this the case.

I have no idea if this notion holds any merit for Laray (hopefully not)

I just know we don't want a back like that...

RGIII was a sprinter for Baylor I believe, so it can be done

RGIII is a very unique human. He is an incredible athlete, very intelligent, religiously devote in total a special person. Not saying Laray isn't, but don't discount how special RGIII is.

You must be a redskins fan!!!

RGIII is a very unique human. He is an incredible athlete, very intelligent, religiously devote in total a special person. Not saying Laray isn't, but don't discount how special RGIII is.

I'm a Baylor alumnus and I approve this message!

Last thing we need is a soft back that tip toes around the field trying not to take hits/getting hurt...with olympic sprinting dreams... He won't play if that this the case.

I have no idea if this notion holds any merit for Laray (hopefully not)

I just know we don't want a back like that...
This may be the football team trying to throw the track team a bone (potential future Olympic athlete), in return for getting the IPF started.

If we lose him to Indiana I'll be shocked. Glad he's visiting there and not UConn.

My niece is on a plane now from Cuse out to Bloomington. She's also checking out IU this weekend. I'll make sure that she drops a lot of Cuse references or have her mom mutter "Hoosiers suck" a few times under her breath if she encounters Laray.

The guy is freakishly talented ... and based on what I have seen in interviews an awesome human being ... if he can stay healthy he could be a once in a lifetime athlete for our generation.

Football was also his number one priority with Laray that may not be true.

We don't know that. He could have gone in saying, OK we will see what I'm better at and then I will focus on which ever that one is. I think Laray will do the same, he will put maximum effort into what is going to make him money.

from Dohn: Big Ten School Gets Smith's Last Visit

Indiana it is.

We don't know that. He could have gone in saying, OK we will see what I'm better at and then I will focus on which ever that one is. I think Laray will do the same, he will put maximum effort into what is going to make him money.

I think you can say football was his top choice and more specifically playing QB. After all he went to Baylor because no other schools recruited him as a QB.

and that's why he said he chose to play football in college because that is where the money is at .

I think you can say football was his top choice and more specifically playing QB. After all he went to Baylor because no other schools recruited him as a QB.

Actually he was comitted to UH as a qb then Briles took the job at Baylor called him up and he flipped so he could still play for Briles

Actually he was comitted to UH as a qb then Briles took the job at Baylor called him up and he flipped so he could still play for Briles

Not that the idea that Laray may not play D1 ball period hasn't been tossed around already, but the NY Post Highschool F'ball beat writer thinks Laray isn't playing D1 ball period if he doesn't sign on LOI day: