Paging Laray Smith | Syracusefan.com

Paging Laray Smith

tboxCUSE92

Scout Team
The window is closing on our friend Laray. I hope he comes to his senses soon and commits before Coach GM digs up more gems (WITH SPEED) from the sunshine state and recruits over him.. We need another ambassador from the city, C'mon Laray...

i think coach GM needs to have a sitdown with the NYC players and get things straightened out.

We're still in good shape. His only other visit is UConn. No way he leaves SU for UConn. We went from 100% before Marrone left to probably 80% now. I think between him and Gus, if only one came it would be Laray.

We're still in good shape. His only other visit is UConn. No way he leaves SU for UConn. We went from 100% before Marrone left to probably 80% now. I think between him and Gus, if only one came it would be Laray.

Bnoro I remember you said you believed we couldn't reel in Gus anymore, or something to that effect, still feel that way?

The fact AE didnt commit to FSU this past weekend was pretty big, I still expect him to ultimately decommit but I like the fact Shaf and the staff are likely to take another crack at it.

AE is at Buttgers this weekend. Then scheduled for Miami next weekend.

I've heard our coaches have been down in NYC.

Bnoro I remember you said you believed we couldn't reel in Gus anymore, or something to that effect, still feel that way?
I think it's 50/50 after he didn't commit to FSU. I don't think he goes to Rutgers. Think it would be between us, Miami, and FSU.

I think it's 50/50 after he didn't commit to FSU. I don't think he goes to Rutgers. Think it would be between us, Miami, and FSU.

Interesting that AE reopened his status a little with SU losing it's coaches, but Rutgers is still without their OC; Miami lost their OC and is trying to poach FSU's OC.

hope he comes to cuse because i'll admit would feel bad for gus if he went to miami and the ncaa hit them with violations.

Interesting that AE reopened his status a little with SU losing it's coaches, but Rutgers is still without their OC; Miami lost their OC and is trying to poach FSU's OC.

It was the duel loss of Hack and Marrone that made him re-consider, just one we may have been OK but he wasnt happy both were gone, I also think he realized Wheatley was gone to.

Miami is a big concern, FSU wants him as a FB, which I think is holding him back.

It was the duel loss of Hack and Marrone that made him re-consider, just one we may have been OK but he wasnt happy both were gone, I also think he realized Wheatley was gone to.

Actually it was more Anselmo & Marrone vs. Hack & Marrone. BUT looking at the resumes of the new OC (McDonald) and RB (Smith) coaches should please AE vs. the uncertainty of the staffs of the remaining suitors for Gus.

hope he comes to cuse because i'll admit would feel bad for gus if he went to miami and the ncaa hit them with violations.

Great point..
Hope that message gets to him and resonates a bit!
All roads lead to CUSE right now.
I think the next 12 months in recruiting will be special.
AE and Laray shd stay the course if they were smart (as a football player/post career)!

Not after the NCAA fiasco. I'd be surprised if the sanctions weren't just thrown out.

70262175_c2f76b320b.jpg

Consider him poached!

@BFeldmanCBS
FSU OC James Coley expected to become new Miami OC, per source, as Herald first reported. UM landing top recruiter.

I just saw the Miami Herald reporting Coley to Miami. Wow.

He's a Florida State graduate.

The Herald reporting 500K was matched by FSU but there's a dispute with Jumbo over play calling.

Golden, Cristobal, Coley, Richardson and Carroll not a bad bunch of recruiters.

I just saw the Miami Herald reporting Coley to Miami. Wow.

He's a Florida State graduate.

The Herald reporting 500K was matched by FSU but there's a dispute with Jumbo over play calling.
Yep. I'd say Gus to the U is 75% now.

Yep. I'd say Gus to the U is 75% now.

Yup not a good development for us. Miami is putting together a heck of a staff, unfortunately for them the NCAA is still going to drop the hammer, big time.

I don't know if I'd feel bad. Anyone that can't see that coming is blind. Blind RB's don't see cutback lanes.

@NYPost_Brazille: UConn football has a big weekend lined up next weekend: Christ the King's Jordan Fuchs and Xaverian Laray Smith will be on campus, I'm told

If we lose Laray to Uconn... I honestly don't know how pissed I will be.