Paschal Chukwu | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Paschal Chukwu

First view looked good. I thought the glass view showed goaltending for sure. Thought the announcers confirmed it.

That's what I thought also.

First view looked good. I thought the glass view showed goaltending for sure. Thought the announcers confirmed it.

I must have missed the glass view. Only saw the replay from out front.

He looked great in the last 2-3 minutes. The rest of the game, no comment.

If he’s hurt, obviously that explains it, but he’s barely playable for large stretches of the game in his given state.

Is it true he hasn't had a dunk yet this year?

When we are stall ball protecting a lead and don’t need to score a lot, and just need some boards and protecting the paint, he’s fine.

Maybe he should just be our closer?

Give him some entrance music and bring him in when we’re up a few hoops late in a game.

When we are stall ball protecting a lead and don’t need to score a lot, and just need some boards and protecting the paint, he’s fine.

Maybe he should just be our closer?

Give him some entrance music and bring him in when we’re up a few hoops late in a game.

Yeah he made a couple of big rebounds and stands at the end but he was mostly pretty bad. It is what it is. The problem was that Sidibe wasn’t doing much of anything either when Chukwu went out. He made a play or two but then made some bad plays and fouls though two of those fouls were bad calls. I think JB goes with Sidibe more and more if possible. Paschal is still too much of a liability and too green. He’s starting these games poorly one after another as well. Constant malaise to start these games.

Yeah he made a couple of big rebounds and stands at the end but he was mostly pretty bad. It is what it is. The problem was that Sidibe wasn’t doing much of anything either when Chukwu went out. He made a play or two but then made some bad plays and fouls though two of those fouls were bad calls.
Sidibe fouled out in 12 minutes and did next to nothing tonight in any phase tonight.

Sidibe fouled out in 12 minutes and did next to nothing tonight in any phase tonight.

I mean they are still a big liability and comical to be trotting them out there at this level of college bball but somebody needs to step up. Can’t have Marek bear hugging these 5’s. It’s just not fair to Marek to be playing him at the 5.

that some of you -- and you know who you are -- can't see what this thread is specifically about (his effort/tenacity towards the end of the game while clearly in pain)... doesn't actually surprise me a bit

As a sophomore. In his second year of college. Unlike the other guy who is in his fifth year of college.

He looked great in the last 2-3 minutes. The rest of the game, no comment.

If he’s hurt, obviously that explains it, but he’s barely playable for large stretches of the game in his given state.

He's hurt. Rewind and watch him run the court. Compare that to his Superman act in the exhibition game.

that some of you -- and you know who you are -- can't see what this thread is specifically about (his effort/tenacity towards the end of the game while clearly in pain)... doesn't actually surprise me a bit
Participation awards for everyone!

He made a couple of nice plays at the end. What’s the problem? He’s playing and cleared I assume by the trainers/docs to play. But the starts of games and his rawness are still problematic, obviously.

He's hurt. Rewind and watch him run the court. Compare that to his Superman act in the exhibition game.
I wonder if his failure to focus on proper conditioning, including building his leg strength, has led to this most recent injury. Or maybe it's just I'm tired of recruiting giant stick figures for the zone instead of basketball players. He was insufficient to get serious minutes at Providence.

I mean they are still a big liability and comical to be trotting them out there at this level of college bball but somebody needs to step up. Can’t have Marek bear hugging these 5’s. It’s just not fair to Marek to be playing him at the 5.
They've got 15 fouls to give at the 5. JB can get away with playing Marek there for maybe 5-10 minutes depending on matchups, but yeah, it's not ideal. It looks like Chukwu and Sidibe are going to be inconsistent (or nonexistent) offensively, but if they play smart defensively and rebound, this can work. I'm also not sure either of them are healthy right now, so maybe that suggests they can eventually contribute at a higher level.

They've got 15 fouls to give at the 5. JB can get away with playing Marek there for maybe 5-10 minutes depending on matchups, but yeah, it's not ideal. It looks like Chukwu and Sidibe are going to be inconsistent (or nonexistent) offensively, but if they play smart defensively and rebound, this can work. I'm also not sure either of them are healthy right now, so maybe that suggests they can eventually contribute at a higher level.
Sid still seems like he's got a long road back. And he needs some weight!

He's tall. That's the one basketball skill going for him, and it's a good one. If he can be tall and play hard, then he's doing all he can do and I'm happy.

In terms of development since coming to Syracuse, he's learned the zone rotations and improved his defensive positioning. He is no better at rebounding, hardly stronger, and no better with the ball in his hands. Whether this is due to injuries or other circumstances is inconsequential. It doesn't mean he's a bad guy or that he doesn't have value; he just hasn't developed like many hoped he would.

Sid still seems like he's got a long road back. And he needs some weight!
The three of them need some weight. Maybe I can give them some of mine.

I wonder if his failure to focus on proper conditioning, including building his leg strength, has led to this most recent injury. Or maybe it's just I'm tired of recruiting giant stick figures for the zone instead of basketball players. He was insufficient to get serious minutes at Providence.

He is what he is. Good, consistent center play is a bonus in Boeheim's system. He takes up a lot of space and blocks some shots.

He's tall. That's the one basketball skill going for him, and it's a good one. If he can be tall and play hard, then he's doing all he can do and I'm happy.

In terms of development since coming to Syracuse, he's learned the zone rotations and improved his defensive positioning. He is no better at rebounding, hardly stronger, and no better with the ball in his hands. Whether this is due to injuries or other circumstances is inconsequential. It doesn't mean he's a bad guy or that he doesn't have value; he just hasn't developed like many hoped he would.

I mean the development he made last year was amazing. I agree. Just be tall and work on positioning. In terms of offensive development, it may have been maxed out but hopefully he keeps getting better from an IQ standpoint. But, he needs to start these games better.

He's actually a pretty good rebounder statistically. It just doesn't look pretty and he rarely converts his offensive rebounds into points.

He made a couple of nice plays at the end. What’s the problem? He’s playing and cleared I assume by the trainers/docs to play. But the starts of games and his rawness are still problematic, obviously.
Again, what's this thread about? But yeah, come in here and trash him some more. good god - if you don't think his effort after both Sidibe and Marek fouled out warrant some props - then, well, I guess I feel kind of bad for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom