Paterno movie... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Paterno movie...

The Secret Service also investigated and cleared him. He enjoyed the company of men and women, was prompty blackmailed and shamed for his lifestyle.
Bingo

He's the real victim in the SU scandal, and, in my opinion, the scandal was the fact the he was put on trial for his bedroom orientation.

Bingo

He's the real victim in the SU scandal, and, in my opinion, the scandal was the fact the he was put on trial for his bedroom orientation.

There’s a Chip / Millhouse joke dying to come out (pun intended) from your post.

Many years (and board iterations) ago their many bedroom orientations were also put on public trial.

They survived to become valued members (again, pun intended) of this community.

Last edited:
Bingo

Absolutely. Do we know if the school ever apologized to him for firing him for his sexual orientation. I mean it should have been done publicly since the school does everything possible to be a good steward of having diverse student body. Really bush league if you ask me and cowardly.

This was a powerful and emotionally gut wrenching experience watching this movie. It's well worth watching and is brutally uncompromising in every respect from the graphic content of what's occurred to the treatment of all involved parties.
I always had a suspicion that Paterno was sexually abused as a kid and did not think Sandusky's behavior was unusual. Any hint of that?

I always had a suspicion that Paterno was s e xually abused as a kid and did not think Sandusky's behavior was unusual. Any hint of that?

None.

Odd take.

Absolutely. Do we know if the school ever apologized to him for firing him for his s e xual orientation. I mean it should have been done publicly since the school does everything possible to be a good steward of having diverse student body. Really bush league if you ask me and cowardly.
That's not why he was fired. He was fired over multiple allegations of criminal conduct.

Should’ve been called “joe knew”
I thought I was seeing promotional spots on late night local spots even before the film was made.

Joe Knows.

Just watched. No heroes in this one except the small newspaper that had the courage to do their job.

The last scene in the movie slams the door shut on everyone. 1976!!!
Agree. 1976!

Wow

15 mins into the movie and want to take a bite out of my coffee mug.

About to finish the movie. I have nothing against the portrayal. Just wish history would’ve not wasted another breath on that coward and the evil cult that supports him. Pacino’s great. There’s no cinemizing this tragedy in a correct way though. Id rather kids these day grow up never having heard of him than knowing theres an important movie about him.

I watched it last night - thought it was very well done, and reasonably balanced.

The bombshell at the end, that Paterno had been notified of "something" going on w/ Sandusky as early as 1976, totally puts to rest any question of whether JoePa knew - he did.
He was told by numerous people on several occasions, and did nearly nothing about it.

Now, he may not have fully grasped or understood what it was that he knew, or just how horrible these deeds by "good man" Sandusky truly were. But - he then turned a blind eye to that knowledge, and literally never investigated it any further.

It still is mindbending to think that today, just a few short years late, it's as if nothing ever happened at Penn State.
They have somehow managed to sweep what may be the greatest college scandal in history under the rug, and are right back to The Penn State Way in football.

I finally started this movie today...
Its infuriating imo. Angry I gave it the time of day. Acting was fine and all but I just wish his legacy would wither away and seize.

Its infuriating imo. Angry I gave it the time of day. Acting was fine and all but I just wish his legacy would wither away and seize.
Morbid curiosity on which way this would be presented, for me. Not very far in (and I’ll have to stop once the kids get home) but I’m already pretty ragey.

Update : I want to barf

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom