Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Carey has been a bit polarizing around here, but I'm not sure why he's ranked so highly on that list, other than being a Top-50 recruit out of HS. Other than the UConn game, unfortunately, I don't think he ever really provided much of anything on the court other than turnovers. Echoes of Kaleb.
My guess is that there is no question that he's a top 50 type athlete, but probably not a top 50 basketball player.

I know Carey has been a bit polarizing around here, but I'm not sure why he's ranked so highly on that list, other than being a Top-50 recruit out of HS. Other than the UConn game, unfortunately, I don't think he ever really provided much of anything on the court other than turnovers. Echoes of Kaleb.
I'm guessing they're basing alot on high school rankings for guys that they didn't see play much.

He has great athleticism, and if he could get himself to slow down just a bit on offense, I could see him being a very good player for somebody. He just couldn't get it together with us, but I could definitely see him playing for a Big East team.

Did something happen recently that is making us confident?

He’s ours.

Hmm, interesting. That would be a pleasant surprise. Even better now that Duke has come sniffing around, per the usual. That rat bastard just respects Jimmy so much that he’s willing to screw him over for kids we have been on much longer. I can’t wait until he retires, and GMac/Autry are bringing in kids that would normally go to Dook.

Tape means no Marek at the 5.
Which would allow him to play a little smarter.

We still would have a major hole at the 3 if Hughes left.

Girard-35
Buddy-40
???
Marek- 35
Tape/Sidibe-40

Richmond-5
Newton-???
Braswell-???
Edwards-foul trouble only or RS
Ajok-???

He slides into the 3.
With how great Buddy is at shooting it shouldn’t matter that Dolezaj and Guerrier aren’t going to stretch the floor.

Thank goodness Buddy is the best shooter in the nation.
Our offense will be just fine.
I think Marek is going to prove to be a serviceable shooter. The dude is a basketball chameleon. He understands what the team needs and then he fills the need. Guerrier, hopefully, can become at least a threat from deep. When Richmond comes in to the game, presumably for Buddy or Joe, we may have some shooting issues. But maybe the defense can offset the loss of a shooter. Either way, it will be fun watching this team evolve. And, we may not be done adding players.

Sidibe was on fire to end the year. Tape wants to start. What happens eith JBA and Edwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom