Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assume Towns slides into Eli’s spot. Wonder if Tape wants to start; does JB bench a senior Sidibe?
Doesn't matter who starts. It matters who finishes. Remind me how many times BS fouled out?

He shouldn’t think twice about benching him? Have people watched the games this year?
Weren’t there multiple threads about Sidibe going on a recent tear? Look at his game log
I remember him absolutely abusing people in the post recently so I am wondering if people are indeed actually watching these games.

13 points,10 rebounds, 4 blocks, 5 steals agains Pitt. Does this count? Felt like he was all over the ball that game.
17 points, 15 rebounds, 6 blocks, 1 steal against Carolina.

Do you value performances like that?
I get the point about fouls and it’s a fair one but to look the other way from his recent great games is certainly interesting!

Weren’t there multiple threads about Sidibe going on a recent tear? Look at his game log
I remember him absolutely abusing people in the post recently so I am wondering if people are indeed actually watching these games.

13 points,10 rebounds, 4 blocks, 5 steals agains Pitt. Does this count? Felt like he was all over the ball that game.

I get the point about fouls and it’s a fair one but to look the other way from his recent great games is certainly interesting!

Those games aren’t lost on me but it’s not about four games he has been nonexistent for three quarters of the year! We lost 14 games and got abused down low

Those games aren’t lost on me but it’s not about four games he has been nonexistent for three quarters of the year! We lost 14 games and got abused down low
Another fair point, but it’s certainly nice to come on strong towards the end of the year like Sidibe did. My issue with the Columbia player is that even though I was only watching highlight reels, those guys he is playing against are nothing compared to the ACC post players. Sid had much tougher competition, in my humble opinion. Even the non-Ivy games didn’t have many imposing match-ups for the young man. Still. I am impressed with his speed, strength and excellent footwork. I still think JB would value Bourama’s defensive effort, but I ain’t the coach!

Yes, Sidibe has finally begun playing well. It's very promising going into next season.

Sidbe has played a lot better I think we all realize that but as others have mentioned it’s a small sample. Of course we hope he keeps it up and continues to play better and improve but regardless I believe Tapé is a better fit in the zone. Have two centers with a decent skill set would be huge next year. There’s no reason they couldnt easily see a good amount of playing time.

Sidbe has played a lot better I think we all realize that but as others have mentioned it’s a small sample. Of course we hope he keeps it up and continues to play better and improve but regardless I believe Tapé is a better fit in the zone. Have two centers with a decent skill set would be huge next year. There’s no reason they couldnt easily see a good amount of playing time.
I think Edwards has more ability than all of them. If he gets to 225 next year he may be pretty good.

Our HOF coach disagrees with you. Tape was invited for a visit and SU is recruiting him. If he thought Sidibe was better, he would settle on the fact we already have him and two other centers for next season. Nobody's perfect but I trust Boeheim on this.
I think JBs pitch to Tape is plenty of PT. That Tape >Edwards and Tape is > Marek at C.

The expected lineup at beg is season would have Sidibe starting and Tape as the second center. Plenty of PT there and the better Tape plays the more time he sees.

If we could land Tape then maybe ask Jesse to redshirt and bulk up. Not enough minutes if we were to have Tape who would be guaranteed at least 25 minutes a game. Then there's also Sid and JBA. Jesse would have to redshirt. In some respects I hope Sid decides to take his degree and move on in that scenario.

If we could land Tape then maybe ask Jesse to redshirt and bulk up. Not enough minutes if we were to have Tape who would be guaranteed at least 25 minutes a game. Then there's also Sid and JBA. Jesse would have to redshirt. In some respects I hope Sid decides to take his degree and move on in that scenario.
I think Jesse is going to be better than all of them. He could end up starting next year or splitting time with Sid.

If we could find to split minutes with AO and Jackson at center (with RJ at PF a bit), I think we can find playing time for Tape and Sidibe. Splitting minutes would be great. Marek can actually play PF full time.

If we could find to split minutes with AO and Jackson at center (with RJ at PF a bit), I think we can find playing time for Tape and Sidibe. Splitting minutes would be great. Marek can actually play PF full time.

can tape play pf? if so, theres 80 minutes combined between the c and pf positions. 80/3 = roughly 27 min per game. and, considering sidibe's and marek's propensity to foul, tape can probably manage 30 min per game.

can tape play pf? if so, theres 80 minutes combined between the c and pf positions. 80/3 = roughly 27 min per game. and, considering sidibe's and marek's propensity to foul, tape can probably manage 30 min per game.
Where does Guerrier play?

Marek can actually play PF full time.
that's q's spot
marek will fill eli's role as point forward, although obviously in a different way stylistically
anybody coming here to play center is coming for backup minutes.
The 3
to the extent that there's any difference in jb's system, guerrier will be the 4 and marek the 3

I don't see it. I think he's strictly a 4.

Over time, he'll be given more of a green light to shoot from the perimeter, etc. But I don't think he's got the skill set to be a 3 in our system.
If Marek and Q can both develop a semblance of a consistent outside shot in the summer, I think it could work. We obviously lose a ball handler that way, but I think our rebounding would improve

If Marek and Q can both develop a semblance of a consistent outside shot in the summer, I think it could work. We obviously lose a ball handler that way, but I think our rebounding would improve
That may be what we're stuck with, and it could work out. Marek has a point guard background, and isn't a bad ball handler. But Marek needs to shoot better from the outside, as does Q. Maybe with more work over the summer (and with Q getting used to his new contact lenses), that could happen.

Our HOF coach disagrees with you. Tape was invited for a visit and SU is recruiting him. If he thought Sidibe was better, he would settle on the fact we already have him and two other centers for next season. Nobody's perfect but I trust Boeheim on this.

he doesn’t disagree. You think he promised tape a starting spot? Sid starts next year. Tape or no tape.

he doesn’t disagree. You think he promised tape a starting spot? Sid starts next year. Tape or no tape.
Neither one of you know what our coach said or didnt. Sidibe was sensational at the end of the year, but couldn't be counted on the rest of the year. Not only was he constantly in foul trouble but he wasn't very good at all at times, he's a box of chocolates. If he plays well and if Tape wants to come here (we have to take him), then and only then will we know who is better. That's alot of ifs. And it's not even a fact that anyone will start but the best odds are Buddy and Marek. But coming off a 18-14 season I think no player or fan should write in stone who should start, especially with the inconsistent play of a couple of them.

Neither one of you know what our coach said or didnt. Sidibe was sensational at the end of the year, but couldn't be counted on the rest of the year. Not only was he constantly in foul trouble but he wasn't very good at all at times, he's a box of chocolates. If he plays well and if Tape wants to come here (we have to take him), then and only then will we know who is better. That's alot of ifs. And it's not even a fact that anyone will start but the best odds are Buddy and Marek. But coming off a 18-14 season I think no player or fan should write in stone who should start, especially with the inconsistent play of a couple of them.
Re: Sidibe

The trend was positive--strongly positive--and over an extended period of time. If he works over the summer, and stays healthy, he'll be a top-level ACC big.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors