Pay that man his money. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Pay that man his money.

Dear Dino:
This second cake you are baking is only half cooked, and still a little gooey on the inside. We love the way this one is coming out, but we know you can make a better one. Please keep baking here, and please stay until you have collected all the ingredients you need to make the cake you envisioned when you first decided to come here.

As we look into the oven, we like what we see, and we know it will taste great - we know because we reached into the mixing bowl on October 13th and snuck a quick scoop. We haven't enjoyed something that good since coach Mac was baking here all those years ago.

We also know, however, that the 4th or 5th cake you will bake here will be your masterpiece, carefully crafted in our loud house using the experience you gained in other kitchens. It will include only the finest ingredients from NY, NJ, the Upper Midwest, Pennsylvania, Florida and New England. It will included bits of sweetness from other places too like Arizona, Oregon, California, the Southeast and DC/Maryland. After a 3-4 year shopping spree you will have everything you need to bake that cake you, and we, always dreamed of.

On the day when that cake comes out of the oven - after you have let it cool and put icing on it, we will know that our faith and patience has finally paid off. Years of longing and waiting, years of frustration and disappointment, will fade into oblivion as we slide the knife in and grab ourselves a slice.

On that day we will return to our youth, to the carefree days when we could eat cake without putting on weight, or being told it is bad for us. On that day we will run and jump and scream, and we won't care because your magic cake will have transported us back in time to a wonderful place - it will be wonderful because it will be 1959 again.

Dino, please don't go.

If they spend to dome their stadiums he's gone.

He's not Saban, he's running a system unique to the Dome.

No doubt. However, he does have to take his show on the road, a minimal of 5 times a year. As Pyle mentioned, the Dome is "ideal" for Dino's system, but if it is precluded from success away from the 'friendly confines' of the Dome, then we should basically expect 6-5 every year. That'll get us to a bowl annually, and that Astro-Bluebonnet type bowl game we find ourselves in is played indoors to boot. ;)

No doubt. However, he does have to take his show on the road, a minimal of 5 times a year. As Pyle mentioned, the Dome is "ideal" for Dino's system, but if it is precluded from success away from the 'friendly confines' of the Dome, then we should basically expect 6-5 every year. That'll get us to a bowl annually, and that Astro-Bluebonnet type bowl game we find ourselves in is played indoors to boot. ;)

I think you take the unique advantage of the dome for 1/2 your games over not having a unique advantage of the dome in all of your games, no?

My only takeaway from this is - you’re a whale - what is your donation level and what are you doing to bring other whales into the fold? Reality is what we make of these expectations... and you can change that reality.
Honestly, really wasn't trying to say "hey, look at me" with that post. That said, if the administration executed the contract and as part of that announcement setup a coaching salaries fund, I would bet that they would be able to offset most of the additional cost of the contracts in pretty quick form. I assumed that the incremental cost for the next two years to be a high of $5M. With 40,000 people contributing to the fund, they'd each only have to donate $125 to meet that goal. That could be done very quickly I would think.

I think you take the unique advantage of the dome for 1/2 your games over not having a unique advantage of the dome in all of your games, no?

Of course, I stated (attempted) so much by my "no doubt" remark. I was trying to simultaneously make the argument that while the Dome is clearly 'ideal' for Dino's style, its optimal indoor design doesn't preclude it from also having a degree of success outdoors as well. Otherwise, our expectation should then be to only win our home games and lose on the road.

Of course, I stated (attempted) so much by my "no doubt" remark. I was trying to simultaneously make the argument that while the Dome is clearly 'ideal' for Dino's style, its optimal indoor design doesn't preclude it from also having a degree of success outdoors as well. Otherwise, our expectation should then be to only win our home games and lose on the road.

Ahhh - my fault. Agree 100%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom