Pee-gate Question... | Syracusefan.com

Pee-gate Question...

iommi

Living Legend
It seems like every single post on here regarding the "scandal" refers to our players being pinched for smoking pot. How do we know that is what they were busted for...or is it just speculation? Was it reported anywhere that the violations were for maijuana?

Watergate was a hotel.

I know this is some kind of a joke...but I don't get this at all... Is there an emoticon for something going over my head?

regardless of the substance used to me the real question remains what happened after the first positive tests were reported . i would guess a normal and rational policy would include mandatory attendance at weekly counseling meetings and a weekly drug testing thereafter to remain eligible.
the only way i see syracuse as being in really deep doodoo is if the players who failed these initial parameters were still allowed to participate in games or practices while in flagrant violation of the correction actions.
if this were indeed true and documented someplace then yes we're screwed and deservedly so.
and I'll also venture to guess that boeheim saying he was oblivious to any of those players flagged in noncompliance would be total BS.

No to be rude, but alot of ppl including myself dont feel we should talk about this Issue right now. Specifically as fans of the team. The media whatever they do what they do

But were in the midst of a Historic season that could possibly end in us winning our second national championship

and tommorrow we play on of our biggest rivals in the BE tourny and were all really amped up for that scene tommorrow.

I just think knowing this story doesnt have anymore legs, and Jake was assured that it wont effect the National championship team which alot of ppl including me was worried bout.

I dont see the point in the constant discussion with us as fans. Its just my opinion i just wanted it to be said

it's just speculation, but pretty reasonable speculation based on the knowledge that the rosters over the last 10 years have featured many noted blazers

Great post, tbonezone...that would be concerning. To me, it sounds like there may not have been proper protocol taken by whomever administers the program. I hope it doesn't involve the specific possible oversights you addressed...I find it hard to believe that we would be so negligent to not make sure they player(s) received the proper counseling and testing after the first positive.

Also, one key element of the program that the Yahoo article ignores is that the first positive does not trigger an automatic suspension. Let's hope recidivism wasn't commonplace (other than the two cases mentioned in the Yahoo article).

I take it that the marijuana talk is just speculation as far as the substance is concerned.

it's just speculation, but pretty reasonable speculation based on the knowledge that the rosters over the last 10 years have featured many noted blazers
Thanks, figured that.

i guess my question is that it takes awhile for a semi-regular smoker to be totally clean, so how was it that some of the players were able to return (relatively quickly) if they needed to be cleared by a counselor and piss clean?

No to be rude, but alot of ppl including myself dont feel we should talk about this Issue right now. Specifically as fans of the team. The media whatever they do what they do

But were in the midst of a Historic season that could possibly end in us winning our second national championship

and tommorrow we play on of our biggest rivals in the BE tourny and were all really amped up for that scene tommorrow.

I just think knowing this story doesnt have anymore legs, and Jake was assured that it wont effect the National championship team which alot of ppl including me was worried bout.

I dont see the point in the constant discussion with us as fans. Its just my opinion i just wanted it to be said
That's fair but let's not bury our heads in the sand either. You really have no clue as to whether this story has legs or not and my post isn't going to give the story more legs. So chill.

That's fair but let's not bury our heads in the sand either. You really have no clue as to whether this story has legs or not and my post isn't going to give the story more legs. So chill.

I wasnt saying you specifically, I was just thought it needed to be said cause it is what alot of Cuse fans feel

I wasnt saying you specifically, I was just thought it needed to be said cause it is what alot of Cuse fans feel
And I feel that way too...so we agree, in principle.

I know this is some kind of a joke...but I don't get this at all... Is there an emoticon for something going over my head?
One of bnoro's biggest pet peeves is when people add '-gate' to the end of a topic that has to do with a scandal. I only know this because of his incessant b******* throughout our 4 years together haha.

One of bnoro's biggest pet peeves is when people add '-gate' to the end of a topic that has to do with a scandal. I only know this because of his incessant b******* throughout our 4 years together haha.
Ah, thanks...I don't like it either but I've seen this topic referred to as "Pee-gate," so I figured why not... makes sense now.

I heard the rumor that Billy E. was smacking it up and that is why he eventually left the team, illicit opiate usage.

Like I said, rumor but I always just took it at face and that is different that just weed...

i guess my question is that it takes awhile for a semi-regular smoker to be totally clean, so how was it that some of the players were able to return (relatively quickly) if they needed to be cleared by a counselor and piss clean?
It's about a month for someone who is a regular smoker. If it is only once or twice a week then they can be clean in less than a week or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom