People begged JB to switch the starters. He did. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

People begged JB to switch the starters. He did.

I posted at halftime. 6 points. 5 more in the 16 minutes since then. Yep, my bad.

You are right. He was a top 3 leader of this God awful performance tonight. I should have never uttered his name. We would have lost by 40 if Benny had started.
Are you seriously criticizing the decision to start Brown? He was one of the only positives in this mess tonight . I have no idea what you are seeing.

Wow. This post reminds me of JB sayings "see what happens when we plan man-to-man" after the Lemoyne loss. If you watched tonight's game and your big takeaway was "Brown shouldn't be a starter" IDK what to tell you.
No worries, Brown started because Benny isn’t practicing well now...per Jim

And we have never played worse.

Seriously though, what is wrong with Jesse today? Has a shot that demands a hard dunk, instead tries to lay it from the other side of the hoop and is blocked. Committing the dumbest fouls ever.

JB didn't press, as their lead grew and grew from 1 to 19.

What more does Mintz have to do to carry this team?

JT doesn't play in some recent games and is leading us tonight.

Maliq hasn't played too well of late and gets the starting nod and continues to not do too much tonight.

Benny doing nothing.

Joe doing nothing.

The D doing absolutely nothing, and we never change it.

So frustrating.

10-10 after 5 minutes and 17-21 after 10. Brown scored 11, had 6 rebs 2 blocks and assist and a steal. He was not the problem.

10-10 after 5 minutes and 17-21 after 10. Brown scored 11, had 6 rebs 2 blocks and assist and a steal. He was not the problem.
41-25 after 15
52-33 after 20
60-40 after 25
etc

Not sure what your point is.

I mentioned 8 problems, 7 of which were unrelated to the 'who should start' argument. Did you read the post or just the responses?

People begged JB to change the lineup. He did. We played worse. Brown was the 3rd best player tonight. Awesome. We lost by 15 to a team that was something like 1-7 in conference.

Look the problem isn't who starts on a crappy team. It doesn't matter who starts we aren't a good team. We aren't well coached. Dont have enough talent also coaches fault.

Name me one thing we do good? Rebound? Defend? Cause Turnovers? Shoot? Protect the ball? Share the ball? Good Offense? Name me one thing?

We arguing if Brown should start or Benny or Bell or Taylor it doesn't matter who starts we are not good.

Tonight falls at the feet of the three J's JB - Joe - Jesse they were all awful. Arguing about who should start at forward tonight is missing the biggest problems of tonights game.

nostalgia is a hell of a drug
Exactly, AW might be able to make up for the deficiencies in recruiting ever since Hopkins left but to let the CEO stay on while the stock is not improving on wall st is incompetence on JW or BOT whoever

Agreed. Play guys who have energy and desire.
Agree, but at this point, who are these guys?
  1. Mintz
  2. Symir
  3. Maliq
  4. Taylor
  5. Girard (On O, sometimes, but not always on D)
  6. Jesse (sometimes, but not tonight)

I was trying to remember my thoughts from the 1st slump of the season, back when Joe wasn't doing well and I believe Jesse was fouling out repeatedly. I recall thinking that the senior leadership was bad and was not training the guys in a 'winning way'. Thus, nobody knew how to win.

I forgot about that all when we won 7ish in a row.

Now, I am wondering about it again. Joe and Jesse disappear tonight. Mintz is the only one out there screaming 'come on guys!' Maliq is leading by example, so not so vocal. Taylor was trying tonight.

Mintz and Maliq got the usual minutes. Symir was 'rewarded' with an extra 5 minutes. Girard lost a few mins, but arguably played too many minutes, given the performance. Bell had 10 minutes and I have never seen so many zeros in a stat line in my life. Taylor got a good 10 extra minutes, maybe?

So, maybe 1-2 guys get rewarded with extra minutes tonight?

I do not know what you do because I do not see 5-6 people on the roster giving consistent effort.

You don't see the energy from Hima anymore. Bol has disappeared. Copeland seemed a little low energy as well tonight.

Perhaps just a bad night for everyone.

41-25 after 15
52-33 after 20
60-40 after 25
etc

I mentioned 8 problems, 7 of which were unrelated to the 'who should start' argument. Did you read the post or just the responses?

People begged JB to change the lineup. He did. We played worse. Brown was the 3rd best player tonight. Awesome. We lost by 15 to a team that was something like 1-7 in conference.
You don't win if you can't put the ball in the hole.

41-25 after 15
52-33 after 20
60-40 after 25
etc

The purpose of changing the starting line-up was to avoid the bad starts we have been having. We DID NOT have a bad start in this game. Tech made their move in the last 10 minutes of the half. And Malik's output was fine and miles ahead of Benny and Bell, who did nothing. Again, Malik was not the problem. He's not LeBron James.

My dude. I don't care. We went down 19 and he had 6. All this hype about starting him and it just didn't matter. Maybe nothing would have worked. There is no energy (except from Mintz) tonight. There were 1,000 other worse problems besides him, you got me there. Busted.

Fine, he is the GD messiah. 2 points in 18 minutes. LOL. Net-whatever, we were down 19.
We were down three when Brown was subbed out for Williams in the first half.

VT is a tough team at home.

Anyone who thought we’d bring our best game on the road after what happened at UNC is delusional.

We might play well Monday. Until tonight we’ve done well overall in the ACC I hope we don’t crash and burn but it’s not like we aren’t trending towards that and it being regression to the mean.

Joe and Judah aren’t superstars and that’s what they have to be for us to win.
It doesn’t matter how we play on Monday . Virginia already has the blue print on how to destroy this pedestrian zone. We will either get way behind and catch up late but lose, or get up / stay even for the first 30 minutes and then fade. I just saved you 2 hours of your life

The problem is the coach . Ok I said it. It’s a top down world. You get the credit when you are winning . You gotta take the beating when you are losing. I think this team has the talent make the tourney . I think their system is an abject failure and hamstrings them to a significant degree.. particularly Edwards on d who is set up to fail

Do we think the line-up change is permanent? Is this the beginning of the end of some minutes for some players? Monday will be interesting.

The purpose of changing the starting line-up was to avoid the bad starts we have been having. We DID NOT have a bad start in this game. Tech made their move in the last 10 minutes of the half. And Malik's output was fine and miles ahead of Benny and Bell, who did nothing. Again, Malik was not the problem. He's not LeBron James.
We lost by 15 to a team we beat previously by 10. Are people arguing that the much ballyhooed and demanded starting lineup switch avoided an even worse outcome? That is what it feels like.

It did not work. We played with terrible energy. It certainly was not the 'lift' one would hope.

Nobody said Brown was 'the' problem. He was our 3rd best player bc J&J were shut down.

We lost by 15 to a team we beat previously by 10. Are people arguing that the much ballyhooed and demanded starting lineup switch avoided an even worse outcome? That is what it feels like.

It did not work. We played with terrible energy. It certainly was not the 'lift' one would hope.

Nobody said Brown was 'the' problem. He was our 3rd best player bc J&J were shut down.
Hmmm. Conveniently leaving out a huge factor. See there is this guy who played for Tech who wasn’t available last time. And he was a huge factor on offense and defense

Do we think the line-up change is permanent? Is this the beginning of the end of some minutes for some players? Monday will be interesting.
I hope we are either looking to next season, or going all in on some miracle ACC tourney run.

Tier 1 energy guys
  1. Mintz
  2. Symir
Tier 2
  1. Brown
  2. Taylor
Tier 3
  1. Joe
  2. Jesse
  3. Copeland
  4. Bell
  5. HIma

Tier 3 can fight for minutes based on performance.

Probably does not even matter if we play a center at all, with the way Jesse and Hima play sometimes. Go small and push it.

I can't believe after we got a commitment from a recruit today some posters said let JB coach till age 90, lol, for real
Well to be fair, I take a lot of what that poster says with a grain of salt if it's the same that you saw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom