People begged JB to switch the starters. He did. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

People begged JB to switch the starters. He did.

Some of us don't live vicariously through the program. I made better use of my Saturday night. It's clear that many of you need to turn off the TV and do the same.
I mean c’mon. That poster spends thousands of their own dollars on season tickets, concessions, parking.
Telling them what to do with their own time is not a good suggestion.

We are allowed to have other coaches.

Why are you here?
Because I feel like being here. Problem? I used to be like you. I revolved my schedule around SU Basketball and Football. Even took trips to watch them then I grew up and watch when I feel like it. You guys waste night after night after night over things you don't have any control over thus bringing negative energy into your life. I hope that frustration is only directed towards the board and not at the people in your life. It's a game that kids who aren't particularly skilled play.

11 points, 6 FGA, 5 boards, 2 blocks, 1 assist and 1 steal.

But please, go on.

JB is the biggest problem, by a moon shot. But it is the right play to start Maliq.

Buddy give it a rest. When he made the post Maliq was invisible. He’s not infallible it’s not like he showed out against UNC. We all love Maliq and he ended up having a decent stat night yesterday in a game we got run off the court.

Buddy give it a rest. When he made the post Maliq was invisible. He’s not infallible it’s not like he showed out against UNC. We all love Maliq and he ended up having a decent stat night yesterday in a game we got run off the court.

Nah. I’m good. He was wrong upon the post and wrong still.

Ignoring efficient players on O and capable play on D is why we’re on this multi-year run of bad or mediocre play.

Maliq wasn’t invisible and he was a big reason why we stayed close for the beginning of the game.

But, sure, let’s just say “everyone stunk” as tho it’s equal and hope things change magically.

Playing a zone that long is legitimately a fireable offense in my mind. Absolutely stunning to watch that first half.
Favorite play of the night tech tosses a quick entry pass to the high post, mutts holds for 2 seconds everyone collapsed on him and left Cotoor WIDE open at the top of the key for a 3.

The zone in 2023.

Coaches are supposed to identify problems and enact strategies to solve these problems. This is not happening! Sure it’s a young team but it’s not only the new players messing up. Either the coaches need fix these problems or be replaced!

Ignoring efficient players on O and capable play on D is why we’re on this multi-year run of bad or mediocre play.

Maliq wasn’t invisible and he was a big reason why we stayed close for the beginning of the game.

But, sure, let’s just say “everyone stunk” as tho it’s equal and hope things change magically.

What? He had 2 points, 1 rebound, and 1 block in the 1st 9 mins and we were down 8 already. When he got his 2nd bucket 13 mins in, we were down 10. As has been mentioned, he had a decent stat line relative to the rest of the team.

Now I am intrigued. What topic exactly do you think you are correct about?

Because I feel like being here. Problem? I used to be like you. I revolved my schedule around SU Basketball and Football. Even took trips to watch them then I grew up and watch when I feel like it. You guys waste night after night after night over things you don't have any control over thus bringing negative energy into your life. I hope that frustration is only directed towards the board and not at the people in your life. It's a game that kids who aren't particularly skilled play.
How sanctimonious of you. I give more money to this program than 95% of people that are fans. I’ll say what I say here.

You don't win if you can't put the ball in the hole.

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

Amirite? Huh...
(slowly backs out of the room)

We lost by 15 to a team we beat previously by 10. Are people arguing that the much ballyhooed and demanded starting lineup switch avoided an even worse outcome? That is what it feels like.

It did not work. We played with terrible energy. It certainly was not the 'lift' one would hope.

Nobody said Brown was 'the' problem. He was our 3rd best player bc J&J were shut down.

People were saying we could get off to better starts if we started our most productive players. We did and it worked. The collapse happened after that for reason unrelated to Brown starting.

He surely feels he can’t outright fire Boeheim or even ask him to step down.

But can he, like….piss him off so that he leaves? Like, show up at practice and start yelling instructions to guys that are “wrong”?

Schedule us for back to back games?

Let people on the court to chuck up scrubby halfcourters in their dirty shoes(wait, we already do that)…

Give the women’s team all the prime practice time slots and prime home game dates?

Call coach up at inconvenient times and ask stupid things like “why isnt Peter Carey starting? He’s the best dunker on the team in warmups? He’d get the crowd going and draw fans!”

Add on any other ideas.

One sure way to do it: demand staff changes.

No see you where defensive because you read the post as an attack on Maliq, except it wasn’t. His point was that the starting lineup changed and the results didn’t.

To one of your points though Maliq had 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 block in the first 4 minutes of the game at 7-5. Then didn’t record a stat until 7 minutes left in the half and us down 12 points.

Overall Maliq was the lone bright spot yesterday, nobody had an issue with him, the point of Swish’s post was that changing the starters did not change the outcome. Everyone still stunk. I’m personally glad Brown started over Benny.

No see you where defensive because you read the post as an attack on Maliq, except it wasn’t. His point was that the starting lineup changed and the results didn’t.

To one of your points though Maliq had 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 block in the first 4 minutes of the game at 7-5. Then didn’t record a stat until 7 minutes left in the half and us down 12 points.

Overall Maliq was the lone bright spot yesterday, nobody had an issue with him, the point of Swish’s post was that changing the starters did not change the outcome. Everyone still stunk. I’m personally glad Brown started over Benny.

Nobody guaranteed that the game would have a different result if Maliq started. It was suggested that it might help us to avoid bad starts to games and we didn't have one. Off of the way Maliq and Benny performed, why is this even an issue?

1) We would have lost no matter who started.
2) You seem to be questioning why Brown didn’t record any stats while sitting on the bench.
3) Going forward, Brown in the starting lineup is what’s best for the team.
4) We will still lose games regardless.

Might not want to look at Twitter if I were you. There’s someone who created a FJB Twitter handle and they are going crazy with it.

Must have been a 12 year old.

Nobody guaranteed that the game would have a different result if Maliq started. It was suggested that it might help us to avoid bad starts to games and we didn't have one. Off of the way Maliq and Benny performed, why is this even an issue?
Yeah, the bottom line is Brown is a better player than Williams. In games where they’ve both played a decent amount, Brown has been better probably 80% of the time. Minimum.

Nobody said we were guaranteed to win if Brown starts. It’s more about, the guy who almost always plays better should start and play more.

Weird thread.

People were saying we could get off to better starts if we started our most productive players. We did and it worked. The collapse happened after that for reason unrelated to Brown starting.
Groundhog Day.

It didn't work. We lost by 15, and it felt like 22. The team never played with less energy.

Instead of having a boost at the 4 minute mark, things got worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom