Per Donna about Tyus | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Per Donna about Tyus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're looking to break into the NBA at this time, it's a factor. You can pretend it doesn't matter, but you'd be wrong.
Disagree 100% look at Victor Oladipo right now he was drafted after his junior year for instance. Kind of sick of these blanket statements as far as preferable nba draft age . Every situation is different . Age is overrated , there is 5 or so guys still playing in the nba over the age of 40. In a extremely athletic game . In the nfl, players those ages are called kickers and punters(and tom Brady)

Disagree 100% look at Victor Oladipo right now he was drafted after his junior year for instance. Kind of sick of these blanket statements as far as preferable nba draft age . Every situation is different . Age is overrated , there is 5 or so guys still playing in the nba over the age of 40. In a extremely athletic game . In the nfl, players those ages are called kickers and punters(and tom Brady)
I wasn't making a blanket statement. Certainly there are exceptions, but they are increasingly few.

If you're looking to break into the NBA at this time, it's a factor. You can pretend it doesn't matter, but you'd be wrong.

If you're not a freak might as well be mature (I think he's mature).

And if you're good enough, you strike while the iron is hot, because a lot can change, and there won't be a spot waiting for you indefinitely.
I was just having fun. When you are my age, 21 looks pretty good. I would say that if he improves his shooting % and his ball handling, the extra year won't hurt him.

You have no idea of its actual temperature, only an idea of what you hope it to be.
If you do any homework at all there is only one report that is favorable for Tyus. One. There are multiple reports stating that next years draft is shaping up to be significantly weaker. The odds are that Tyus will be in a much better position next year.

Ha I don’t know sht I was just excited to see the NBA debate get cranked up again.
r66kl.gif

AP credits from high school, summer classes. It's not that hard.

If Battle has AP credits from high school color me very surprised. Those aren't handed out without a 3 in an AP Class, at least they were when i was at Syracuse in early 90s.

If Battle has AP credits from high school color me very surprised. Those aren't handed out without a 3 in an AP Class, at least they were when i was at Syracuse in early 90s.
Tyus is a good student, and I'd imagine he did very well in high school. In a time when many players struggle to maintain a 2.0 GPA, Tyus having the option to graduate in 3 years says a lot about him.

You have no idea of its actual temperature, only an idea of what you hope it to be.

Well, there are many, many mock drafts out there, from practically all of the sports networks by now, as well as secondary "fan" outlets, and then just regular bloggers. You can discount the last ones, because they're just regular folks like most of us, with no access to actual decision makers in these things.

But the other 2 are out there, and we're close enough now that some sources are likely to be talking to the major outlets about who they see as this year's best prospects. And I don't want to be beating a dead horse, because I think Tyus is a serious talent, but his name is just not being mentioned this year. A guy like Hamidou Diallo is a mid-second rounder in this draft, and that kid is a serious talent, too. I think coming back is a better option than going second round, or maybe not being drafted at all. He's far better than that.

I'm not really sure what your point is here. Tyus s believed around here to be a pretty good student.

Tyus is a good student, and I'd imagine he did very well in high school. In a time when many players struggle to maintain a 2.0 GPA, Tyus having the option to graduate in 3 years says a lot about him.

I should rephrase, it's an incredible achievement if he came to SU with AP credits. We probably could count on one hand how many SU hoops players have showed up with AP Credits. It's amazing. I wonder if you came with max AP credits from HS and did summer school, is it conceivable to graduate in 2 years? I wonder if an athlete has done this yet?

I should rephrase, it's an incredible achievement if he came to SU with AP credits. We probably could count on one hand how many SU hoops players have showed up with AP Credits. It's amazing. I wonder if you came with max AP credits from HS and did summer school, is it conceivable to graduate in 2 years? I wonder if an athlete has done this yet?

Awful lot of stereotyping in these posts.

There have been multiple articles about how seriously Battle takes class. Same with Matt Moyer before he transferred. I guess you don’t read them.

Meh. I had AP credits from Calc, Bio, Spanish, and US History (#humbebrag). I was hardly a serious student in high school.

some of these posts are a disaster.
Guilty as charged. I should know better than to wade into these swamps by now, but I do it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.