Per Donna about Tyus | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Per Donna about Tyus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still practicing with the team? Good sign or means nothing?

Means nothing. Matthew Moyer is still working out with the team, using the Melo Center, lifting with teammates.

Tyus will resume classes obviously too, whether he declares or not. He will get his degree at sompeoint.

On a separate note, the degree of certainty to which every board insider said Battle was DEFINITELY gone at seasons end has been clearly debunked regardless of what the end decision is. That sort of strikes a blow to my confidence in insider info.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind passing along what was told. What I don’t like is the insane level of certainty which was projected. People were literally saying Tyus would go G league over coming back.

I never heard that from a board insider

It wasn’t. But people who know nothing we’re definately saying there was zero way he is coming back regardless of what they knew just to be funny. You know cause done-gy is supposed to be funny or something.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not an insider by any stretch but have said the thinking within the program (as of about 5-6 weeks ago) was no one was going pro. Obviously things can change.

It wasn’t. But people who know nothing we’re definatelt saying there was zero way he is coming back regardless of what they knew just to be funny. You know cause done-gy is supposed to be funny or something.:rolleyes:

It was said by an insider, probavly mid year.

It was said by an insider, probavly mid year.

Who cares! The G League part was probably hyperbole at the time, to illustrate that he was saying he had made a decision without really knowing what his draft position was likely to be. In any case, after the Bazely situation, anyone who can't see that something that is reported one day may be 110% accurate, but can turn 180 degrees days or weeks later is just being willfully ignorant.

Is it really so hard to believe that TB was 120% gone and as the season played out, more information came in and the date gets closer he begins to input real data points into his decision and could then come up with a different answer?

Are we owed confidence on a free message board? Legit question. We saw what happened with Francis's Pod. Do we really want to chase away more people with connections? I think many of us assumed this would be Tyus's last year at the start of the season, then the season progressed and things became more fluid. Perhaps when we were struggling mid-year Tyus did feel he was gone no matter what.
Agreed - I always figured he was gone because he looked like he'd most likely be a first round pick. Obviously that is no longer the case.

Moral of the story, no matter what is said by whoever with whatever level of confidence at whatever time, things can change and it's still all speculation until the event actually happens or final word comes from the actual person or official school statement. But it still makes for good back and forth chatter until that time.

Are we owed confidence on a free message board? Legit question. We saw what happened with Francis's Pod. Do we really want to chase away more people with connections? I think many of us assumed this would be Tyus's last year at the start of the season, then the season progressed and things became more fluid. Perhaps when we were struggling mid-year Tyus did feel he was gone no matter what.

This is a very good post. We've seen many posters with incredible connections to the program chased away by other posters shooting the messenger -- Mason, Francis, Jake posting a lot less frequently, etc. Those people aren't always right -- often, they are just passing along what they hear.

But when those sources of insight dry up -- poof, they're gone. And then people will bemoan the lack of information.

This is a very good post. We've seen many posters with incredible connections to the program chased away by other posters shooting the messenger -- Mason, Francis, Jake posting a lot less frequently, etc. Those people aren't always right -- often, they are just passing along what they hear.

But when those sources of insight dry up -- poof, they're gone. And then people will bemoan the lack of information.
All true and I really don't get why people feel a need to attack others who provide info. If you must express yourself, how about "I find that hard to believe" and leave it at that?

On the other hand, to those who provide inside information and are subsequently attacked: Why should what people say about your information matter? I've only had inside information a few times. In those cases some people weren't necessarily reasonable in expressing their doubts. However, I knew what I was told and I knew the person was reliable. It was easy for me to ignore the doubters.

I think everyone, up and down the line, needs to chill out. It's a message board, it's entertaining, and sometimes can be informative. I have zero expectations of what is true or not here and I show up with minimal expectations of decency. I laugh at how angry people get about certain opinions.

We all support Syracuse to some degree. This is the best vessel, i've found, to meet like minded SU fans who want to talk SU sports. How it comes across never bugs me. I just enjoy having the ability to talk SU for free.

I just don't understand why anyone would (1) be opposed to hearing any nugget of info and (2) complain about the info being passed along not ending up being what happens. Take what the people with inside sources say with some skepticism knowing things change in life, and change quickly and unexpectedly, and you'll be far more understanding and appreciative. I enjoy hearing any news and possibilities, and they can spark some fun discussions, but I would never take that info for granted nor complain about someone being incorrect in the end. People take things far too seriously and to heart without respecting where the info is coming from. Folks with sources don't have to share what they hear, yet there's always people complaining.

Last edited:
this must be a gut wrenching decision for Tyus. I couldn't imagine as a 19/20 year old having to do this. recently, I was fortunate enough to explore new careers paths, which involved me potentially leaving a decent paying job that I really enjoy. the decision kept me up multiple nights and was probably the most difficult decision I ever had to make.

this must be a gut wrenching decision for Tyus. I couldn't imagine as a 19/20 year old having to do this. recently, I was fortunate enough to explore new careers paths, which involved me potentially leaving a decent paying job that I really enjoy. the decision kept me up multiple nights and was probably the most difficult decision I ever had to make.
He must be really torn. I don't blame him. I wonder if his heart and his head are telling him different things. Pure guess on my part.

This is what triggers me so much about the people who make a habit of attacking people who have any connections. Or who dismiss Francis’ complaints about sharing his pod info by saying sht like “well it’s not like they’re military secrets durrrrrrr.”

Cool. Don’t play by the (incredibly simple) rules that are put forth that the rest of the internet seems to have no issue following. But you don’t get to bitch or whine when guys like Jake decide that the sharing of info isn’t worth the hassle he gets from guys with post counts in the 10s who don’t know better.

This is what triggers me so much about the people who make a habit of attacking people who have any connections. Or who dismiss Francis’ complaints about sharing his pod info by saying sht like “well it’s not like they’re military secrets durrrrrrr.”

Cool. Don’t play by the (incredibly simple) rules that are put forth that the rest of the internet seems to have no issue following. But you don’t get to bitch or whine when guys like Jake decide that the sharing of info isn’t worth the hassle he gets from guys with post counts in the 10s who don’t know better.

Completely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.