Per Donna about Tyus | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Per Donna about Tyus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pure speculation. BUT, what I am nervous about is, if Tyus is so torn, why wouldn't he declare, but not hire an agent. That way he could test the interest and waters. Seems like this long drawn out process will result in either him definitely coming back or definitely leaving. I know if I were advising him, I would tell him to declare but not hire an agent so he could comeback if he wanted to.

this must be a gut wrenching decision for Tyus. I couldn't imagine as a 19/20 year old having to do this. recently, I was fortunate enough to explore new careers paths, which involved me potentially leaving a decent paying job that I really enjoy. the decision kept me up multiple nights and was probably the most difficult decision I ever had to make.

The grass isn't always greener. You have to weigh the pros and cons of your decision in anything.

This is pure speculation. BUT, what I am nervous about is, if Tyus is so torn, why wouldn't he declare, but not hire an agent. That way he could test the interest and waters. Seems like this long drawn out process will result in either him definitely coming back or definitely leaving. I know if I were advising him, I would tell him to declare but not hire an agent so he could comeback if he wanted to.
Donna did say she believes he will either be all in or out. He wouldn’t declare jist to test the waters and come back - if he declares he’s gone

This is what triggers me so much about the people who make a habit of attacking people who have any connections. Or who dismiss Francis’ complaints about sharing his pod info by saying sht like “well it’s not like they’re military secrets durrrrrrr.”

Cool. Don’t play by the (incredibly simple) rules that are put forth that the rest of the internet seems to have no issue following. But you don’t get to bitch or whine when guys like Jake decide that the sharing of info isn’t worth the hassle he gets from guys with post counts in the 10s who don’t know better.

More often than not it seems like it is people simply retaliating because it is info they don’t want to necessarily hear. Usually the delusional types who can’t fathom or accept any criticism or negative rumblings. Just my $.02.

More often than not it seems like it is people simply retaliating because it is info they don’t want to necessarily hear. Usually the delusional types who can’t fathom or accept any criticism or negative rumblings. Just my $.02.

The first Francis pod I listened to was the one last spring where he was calling posters out by name because they were giving him sht for being critical of JB.

Like that’s got to be grating over time.

this must be a gut wrenching decision for Tyus. I couldn't imagine as a 19/20 year old having to do this. recently, I was fortunate enough to explore new careers paths, which involved me potentially leaving a decent paying job that I really enjoy. the decision kept me up multiple nights and was probably the most difficult decision I ever had to make.
It's probably a tough one, but at least it's a decision between two positives. Either way he is setting himself up for a bright future. The key thing to remember with any decision like this is that either way it doesn't define the rest of your life and that there will be more decisions in the future.

It's probably a tough one, but at least it's a decision between two positives. Either way he is setting himself up for a bright future. The key thing to remember with any decision like this is that either way it doesn't define the rest of your life and that there will be more decisions in the future.
You're right but when you're trying to make a big decision, it usually feels like it's life or death.

The first Francis pod I listened to was the one last spring where he was calling posters out by name because they were giving him sht for being critical of JB.

Like that’s got to be grating over time.

I mean that’s fine I guess if some people challenge his opinion on certain JB topics. Annoying I’m sure. But, some of these posters lately have been questioning his source(s) and/or basically calling him a liar. He DOES have close connections and contacts more reliable about the hoops scene (SU or outside recruiting circles) than most of us. It probably goes without saying that some of his ‘H0T Takes’ piggy back off of what he hears and what his source(s) say regarding whatever controversial topics are out there and brewing at least here. Stuff about zone, style of play, system, offense, internal player news, etc.

Last edited:
I mean that’s fine I guess if some people challenge his opinion on certain JB topics. Annoying I’m sure. But, some of these posters lately have been questioning his source(s) and/or basically calling him a liar. He DOES have close connections and contacts more reliable about the hoops scene (SU or outside recruiting circles) than most of us.

Yeah I meant to draw a distinction between disagreeing and calling him out as a liar or whatever.

Some posters provide a stark reflection of our present day society, which at the moment is incredibly pessimistic and negative.
It’s a lot easier to sit on the sidelines and biotche and moan, especially if it’s about something over which you have no control.
It is what it is.

So don't listen to the insiders. No one is making you come here and read info.

But if you really want to know, he was leaving. Circumstances changed, and now the decision is not as easy. Sometimes, life throws a wrench in your plans. While I am surprised that it has not really been talked about on this forum, there are many who know what has changed, and why he is having a difficult time with this decision. But rest easy, the insiders were correct mid season.
But shouldn't we all be asking ourselves, "if they are truly insiders, would we be able to hear them?"

People getting really snippy with each other in this thread. The long winter of our discontent seems to be afflicting even our fans from the southwest.

As many have already said, I personally assume everyone is gone and then feel great when some come back.

Settle down there Mr. Mayor of Austin himself.
#outed

Seriously, I love living here, but I'm sure as hell glad I don't have to be the mayor. I will, however, treat you to many beers if you ever make your way back through this dusty, provincial little city.

#outed

Seriously, I love living here, but I'm sure as hell glad I don't have to be the mayor. I will, however, treat you to many beers if you ever make your way back through this dusty, provincial little city.

Make my way back... I'm trying to get the wife to apply for a job there. I'll be back my friend. I just might not leave. But I'm bringing my boat and we will enjoy it.

Circumstances changed, and now the decision is not as easy. Sometimes, life throws a wrench in your plans. While I am surprised that it has not really been talked about on this forum, there are many who know what has changed, and why he is having a difficult time with this decision. But rest easy, the insiders were correct mid season.
Go on...

Is it injury related, by chance?

But shouldn't we all be asking ourselves, "if they are truly insiders, would we be able to hear them?"
Most (probably all) of the 'insiders' aren't actually insiders.

But to a prior poster's point, you don't have to listen to them/read their posts.

Last edited:
Most (probably all) of the 'insiders' aren't actually insiders.

But to a prior poster's point, you don't have to listen to them/read their posts.
The ‘insiders’ here most likely aren’t true insiders, but hear some info from good sources and pass it along.

And here is where the problem begins.

It’s all the stupidarse folks here who take that ‘insider’ info nugget...and thinking it’s a verse in the Bible...pass it on to their friends, as THEY now take on the roll of the insider.

And when that nugget may be proven to be a half truth..or maybe was true but forces changed it...or maybe it was total nonsense...now this poster ‘insider’ looks like the arse he truely is to his friends and he comes back on here pissed and attacks whomever said it.

And when said poster(s) start getting yelled at for yelling at a posters nugget...well, you get why this place is Romper Room.

The ‘insiders’ here most likely aren’t true insiders, but hear some info from good sources and pass it along.

And here is where the problem begins.

It’s all the stupidarse folks here who take that ‘insider’ info nugget...and thinking it’s a verse in the Bible...pass it on to their friends, as THEY now take on the roll of the insider.

And when that nugget may be proven to be a half truth..or maybe was true but forces changed it...or maybe it was total nonsense...now this poster ‘insider’ looks like the arse he truely is to his friends and he comes back on here pissed and attacks whomever said it.

And when said poster(s) start getting yelled at for yelling at a posters nugget...well, you get why this place is Romper Room.

Kaiser, stop disrespecting my insider game to my friends back home. I live in Chicago now and my CNY boys still come to me if they want that "insider" info. :rolling:

Status
Not open for further replies.