Per Donna about Tyus | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Per Donna about Tyus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if he left to play in China instead you'd be totally cool with it and wouldn't complain at all?
Don't do it, Knicks.

maxresdefault.jpg

Can someone please start a new thread when any new information comes about so that I don't have to read any more of this one?

Indeed. After employing the 7 second rule, I decided it was worthy of yet another non informational post to implore others to do the same before adding more useless dribble to a thread we are all anxious to follow. Thank you.

Needs the time to do it. Hard to do in airports and hotels between workouts, meetings and flights.
How do all the lower division athletes manage to do it with less academic support? Many of them don't have the opportunity to take summer classes to set themselves up for a lower class load during their season either.

Getting ahead of myself but...

if Tyus stays, someone has to redshirt right?

Is it Buddy or HoWash?

Getting ahead of myself but...

if Tyus stays, someone has to redshirt right?

Is it Buddy or HoWash?

Has to, or should? We have the space available, right? Why RS considering our recent luck? And Jake has said a number of times, Buddy ain't taking a shirt. I would think Washington would only do it if he's not fully ready to go by the beginning of the season.

12 available scholarships.

Six expected back: Frank, OB, Marek, Chukwu, Sidibe, HoWash.
Three new additions: Hughes, Carey, Buddy.
Leaves three open: 1) Golden, 2) Traditional transfer, 3) Tyus.

(that would also leave five open for 2019-20 since they would likely lose four and gain one scholarship back)

Move Buddy to non-scholarship and they could add another. I don't think I forgot anyone.

12 available scholarships.

Six expected back: Frank, OB, Marek, Chukwu, Sidibe, HoWash.
Three new additions: Hughes, Carey, Buddy.
Leaves three open: 1) Golden, 2) Traditional transfer, 3) Tyus.

(that would also leave five open for 2019-20 since they would likely lose four and gain one scholarship back)

Move Buddy to non-scholarship and they could add another. I don't think I forgot anyone.
I thought Buddy was a non schollie. Either way, it's doubtful all will be used, unless all the dominoes fall into place and even then there would be one extra (for Buddy or for someone else).

Has to, or should? We have the space available, right? Why RS considering our recent luck? And Jake has said a number of times, Buddy ain't taking a shirt. I would think Washington would only do it if he's not fully ready to go by the beginning of the season.

The reason I used “has to” is because there is no way JB plays 5 guards. Heck he didn’t even play 4 when the 4th one was MCW.

Buddy potentially being able to slide to the 3 and his pure shooting stroke gives him the edge on HoWash for playing time.

If injuries happen - ya just say “darn the bad luck” and burn the shirt imo.

I thought Buddy was a non schollie. Either way, it's doubtful all will be used, unless all the dominoes fall into place and even then there would be one extra (for Buddy or for someone else).
Could be, but may as well count him under scholarship (I think it could go either way). I think McDermott was only a walk-on for his senior season at Creighton and I'm sure that they have the same policy as SU. There are advantages to being a scholarship player as well as the implied status.

How many times are you going to continue with this false narative?

We JUST HAD Lydon, Battle, and Oshae come back.

literally made an account to respond to this. lydon, battle, and oshae were not projected first round picks when they came back. better question... how many players who WERE projected first round came back to Syracuse?

literally made an account to respond to this. lydon, battle, and oshae were not projected first round picks when they came back. better question... how many players who WERE projected first round came back to Syracuse?

To give any context to this we need to determine how many players that were projected first rounders come back to other schools.

Which is and has always been my point.

To give any context to this we need to determine how many players that we're projected first rounders come back to other schools.

Which is and has always been my point.

compared to other elite schools, it appears villanova and unc defiantly have better luck than we do when it comes to this. the difference between those schools and us is that we dont reload or get "blindsided" when a player leaves. kentucky and duke dont have these problems for obvious reasons

I thought he was too because when I went to SU children of SU employees got a free ride. But now it seems it is only a percentage, maybe 50, so he may be getting a schollie. Im sure it would be a little bit of a NCAA violation to suddenly give him JB a 50K a year raise for 4 years... ;)

I thought he was too because when I went to SU children of SU employees got a free ride. But now it seems it is only a percentage, maybe 50, so he may be getting a schollie. Im sure it would be a little bit of a NCAA violation to suddenly give him JB a 50K a year raise for 4 years... ;)

95% of tuition only. Not room, board, fees, books, etc.

compared to other elite schools, it appears villanova and unc defiantly have better luck than we do when it comes to this. the difference between those schools and us is that we dont reload or get "blindsided" when a player leaves. kentucky and duke dont have these problems for obvious reasons

Which Nova and UNC players were projected first rounders?

Tony Bradley just "blindsided" UNC last year?

Did DJ Wilson blindside Michigan last year?

Again there's no context. We can see this happen everywhere, check the players in the early entry thread...yet some here think it only happens here. It's just not true

better question... how many players who WERE projected first round came back to Syracuse?

None. Nor should they unless they thought they could be playing for a national championship and wanted to experience that.

If we give JB a 1 year extension the NCAA could do nothing and just give him the money there. If we can get Braswell and Green then no need to put Buddy on scholarship.

I had free tuition at SU and still had 20k in loans after school

Good stuff

Yep. 20k is about the yearly cost of room, board, fees, books etc. at least right now it is give or take 1-2k.

I had free tuition at SU and still had 20k in loans after school

Good stuff
Only 20k after 4 years at SU that is cheap. That will be gone fast.
I can’t wait for 2019 when my loans of 7 years undergrad/law school are paid off. I could pay it off now but I like the monthly payment plan I got.

If you do work for non-profits/public sector you can reduce it I bet.

i doubt he goes to China, very close family, Gary goes to as many games possible for both of his kids. Just do not see it.
Decision coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.