Per Donna about Tyus | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Per Donna about Tyus

Status
Not open for further replies.
except Tyus, and his dad, and his mom (and his brother who he wants to play with in '19)
Until it comes out of his mouth...I’m expecting he is gone. JB has said he was sure other guys were coming back only
To have them leave. Never really know for sure until they say it. He could go into the weekend and say screw it...I want to go.

It’s like Kevin Durant...he was coming back to OKC 100% until he was in golden state.

Until it comes out of his mouth...I’m expecting he is gone. JB has said he was sure other guys were coming back only
To have them leave. Never really know for sure until they say it. He could go into the weekend and say screw it...I want to go.

It’s like Kevin Durant...he was coming back to OKC 100% until he was in golden state.
JB knows. He's not guessing here.

JB has said other guys were coming back in March; not a week before the deadline.

Hot take:

I almost don't want Battle to come back. If he does we'll have a good season but most likely won't win a National Championship (it's really hard to do). Then I'll be thinking about what if we had Bazley just like I'll always think what if about AO and Fab Melo.

tenor.gif.cf.gif

JB has said other guys were coming back in March; not a week before the deadline.
I get it. Just don’t believe an 18 yr old until it comes out of his mouth. Not that JB said this but after mcchullah had one leg and said he was coming back...and changed his mind. You never know. Also, Bazley was posting on stuff all in in on cuse up until like a day before he went to g-league.

I get it. Just don’t believe an 18 yr old until it comes out of his mouth. Not that JB said this but after mcchullah had one leg and said he was coming back...and changed his mind. You never know. Also, Bazley was posting on stuff all in in on cuse up until like a day before he went to g-league.

Agreed. But if you take what JB said combined with what Jake posted yesterday...

I was completely set on not even entertaining the idea of Battle returning, but now...
nE9s529.gif

I clearly remember him saying this in an interview before the sweet 16 (might have been on Wingo & Golic) that he expected everyone to come back. I think we're just so shell shocked as a fan base that we expected to lose Battle, Brissett, and Marek (really can't understand why people assume we would lose him).

I clearly remember him saying this in an interview before the sweet 16 (might have been on Wingo & Golic) that he expected everyone to come back. I think we're just so shell shocked as a fan base that we expected to lose Battle, Brissett, and Marek (really can't understand why people assume we would lose him).

Yea he said the guys really like playing together

Anyone think he will announce his decision today?

I’m going to be constantly checking this website for an announcement all weekend. Not much else to do in Minneapolis today as we get 10 inches of April snow.

Hoping for great news! Come back Tyus!
I love that Billy Owens magazine I have that somewhere

Again, why did people expect to lose Brissett and Marek?

I recall when Ennis was a frosh, Marcus Paige was as well, I believe. There was talk how Paige was a better pg (at that time) and that he was projected to go before Ennis in the draft. I also recall Ennis' frosh year in the late season game against UVA, where we got beat badly at Virginia. I remember being miffed on all this talk of Ennis going in the draft, when he was getting totally outplayed by another frosh guard (Perrentes) that I (or anyone for that matter except UVA fans) had never heard of until that game. Perrentes ended up staying all 4 years and is currently on the Cavs roster.

Paige was never ranked ahead of Ennis. Ennis had the better freshman year. It wasn't close really.

EDIT-Perrantes averaged 5 points a game on sub 40% shooting his freshman year. He was an inefficient role player at best.

Two different seasons re: Ennis/Paige. Paige arrived at UNC a year before Ennis arrived. Paige played in a 3 guard rotation with Dexter Strickland and Leslie McDonald his first year. It was Paige’s SOPH season he blew up which was Ennis first season at SU. Paige’s numbers were outstanding and most were surprised he returned back to school for his JR season. His SOPH year he was like 18ppg, 49% from 2, 39% from 3, 88% from the FT line. Crazy.

Last edited:
I’m going to be constantly checking this website for an announcement all weekend. Not much else to do in Minneapolis today as we get 10 inches of April snow.

Hoping for great news! Come back Tyus!
There's a supercross race at the stadium, not exactly your normal sports weekend in MPLS, but it's a pretty wild show they put on. I grew up riding and racing...its nutty. My sister lives uptown Minny and I'm already reserving her spare room for the final 4 next year!

With Marek being a foreign player and going home, there's always that possibility of a pro team overseas offering him a contract. In my opinion, it just depended on if Marek wants to make money now and be content with being overseas or continue playing and possibly earn more.

For OB, athletic wing that screams potential. For guys like that, NBA scouts drool over those kinds of players. It's what they feel they can develop the player into rather than stats right now. Again, all my opinion.

With Marek being a foreign player and going home, there's always that possibility of a pro team overseas offering him a contract. In my opinion, it just depended on if Marek wants to make money now and be content with being overseas or continue playing and possibly earn more.

For OB, athletic wing that screams potential. For guys like that, NBA scouts drool over those kinds of players. It's what they feel they can develop the player into rather than stats right now. Again, all my opinion.

If Marek is able to extend his range to 3 point range, I think he’s got a chance at the NBA. He’s got all the intagibles, great passing ability and b-ball smarts, pretty good athlete with length, and showed a nice touch on mid range shots. Down the road as he fills out, if he’s knocking 3’s down...why not? Long way to go, but wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Two different seasons re: Ennis/Paige. Paige arrived at UNC a year before Ennis arrived. Paige played in a 3 guard rotation with Dexter Strickland and Leslie McDonald. It was Paige’s SOPH season he blew up which was Ennis first season at SU. Paige’s numbers were outstanding and most were surprised he returned back to school for his JR season. His SOPH year he was like 18ppg, 49% from 2, 39% from 3, 88% from the FT line. Crazy.
Good chance that Paige would have had a better opportunity to establish himself as an NBA player had he left early. He was a 2nd rounder, got cut by the Jazz, played in the GLeague, and has been on one of the 2 way contracts.

I'm not sure how many expected that to happen - and the few that did thought it had more to do with bad luck or curses or other big thinking.

The possibility that Brissett might consider going pro (apparently he did mull it over, otherwise why announce he was coming back?) and the possibility that Marek might not return to the USA for whatever reason(s) is not an unreasonable consideration.

Thinking it was a done deal, or outside the realm of possibility is the unreasonable stance.

I'm not sure how many expected that to happen - and the few that did thought it had more to do with bad luck or curses or other big thinking.

The possibility that Brissett might consider going pro (apparently he did mull it over, otherwise why announce he was coming back?) and the possibility that Marek might not return to the USA for whatever reason(s) is not an unreasonable consideration.

Thinking it was a done deal, or outside the realm of possibility is the unreasonable stance.
It is unreasonable but it is and was very unlikely

It is unreasonable but it is and was very unlikely

He was acc all-rookie. 3 of the other 4 guys have declared or are likely to declare and the fourth, Hunter, (1) got hurt (2) didn’t start and (3) put up worse numbers that ob in a better situation. Brissett has an nba build and can do everything except, inexplicably, finish layups. There was a very good chance of him declaring.

He was acc all-rookie. 3 of the other 4 guys have declared or are likely to declare and the fourth, Hunter, (1) got hurt (2) didn’t start and (3) put up worse numbers that ob in a better situation. Brissett has an nba build and can do everything except, inexplicably, finish layups. There was a very good chance of him declaring.
OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors