Per PS...Orange Madness performer Ace Hood canceled | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Per PS...Orange Madness performer Ace Hood canceled

The issue was free tickets given out en masse in very very bad areas of Syracuse
No, the tickets were never given away free en masse in very, very bad sections of Syracuse, unless you know something that I don't.

The tickets were distributed at the Dome's ticket office, the Shine Student Center and at the following AmeriCU branches:

6303 Thompson Road, Syracuse
200 Walton Street, Syracuse
5439 N. Burdick Street, Fayetteville
5212 W. Genesee Street, Camillus
7474 Oswego Road, Liverpool
6414 State Route 31, Cicero
1916 Black River Blvd., Rome
231 Hill Road, Rome
224 North Genesee Street, Utica
4957 Commercial Drive, Yorkville
217 Grant Avenue, Auburn
326 E. State Street, Herkimer
10750 Enduring Freedom Drive, Fort Drum
20991 NYS Route 3, Watertown
7394 Utica Blvd., Lowville
280 Genesee Street, Route 5, Oneida

For every event at the Dome there is a catalyst, a person behind the idea.

So, in the case of Midnight Madness someone had to be the point person for bringing in Rap artists.

I can't imagine JB being that person, who do you think came up with the idea?

Last year I saw a woman wearing a shirt with the most vulgar saying on it. She had no problem strutting her 44 D's in front of little kids advertising her desire to get _ _ _ _.

There were gangsta folks with pants dragging to the floor, with enough chains on to drown a person, giving off menacing looks.

Down in front of families with little kids two girls got in a downy brook. Flailing away, screaming and carrying on for a good spell until security arrived on the scene but not before these tykes witnessed something you would expect at a WWF event.

Many people in attendance were ill at ease while roving bands of gangsta types stood in front of them blocking the view.

At one point someone called for an usher and these hoods went over and intimated the dad who did.

The usher had to call for police to get those punks to comply.

As I was leaving the Dome, numerous police, fire & rescue personal were rushing into the Dome.

Two guys ahead of me said they had witnessed a stabbing which occurred in the concourse.

The event had to be ended early.

For all of you folks who think it was wrong to cancel this rapper, I have to disagree with you.

Do we want to make attending what is supposed to be a fun family night into a night of horror and blood shed?

Last edited:
I'll tell ya right now, if there is one scuffle Friday night, we won't see this event again. Better hope the $5 cost cleans it up. My guess is that it'll run perfectly smooth now

Will this sucker be televised? Id really like to watch this team scrimmage.

Hopefully they will at least make sure the sound system works like it should this year. I've been to the last three MM's and no matter where I've sat, you cannot understand a freaking word of the interviews. I remember not being able to even understand what was being said in the videos they played.

Get the simple stuff figured out first before worrying about who is going to entertain the masses.

YES! A thousand times yes. Can't understand a damn word.

So, in the case of Midnight Madness someone had to be the point person for bringing in Rap artists.

Last year I saw a woman wearing a shirt with the most vulgar saying on it. She had no problem strutting her 44 D's in front of little kids advertising her desire to get _ _ _ _.

There were gangsta folks with pants dragging to the floor, with enough chains on to drown a person, giving off menacing looks.

Down in front of families with little kids two girls got in a downy brook. Flailing away, screaming and carrying on for a good spell until security arrived on the scene but not before these tykes witnessed something you would expect at a WWF event.

Many people in attendance were ill at ease while roving bands of gangsta types stood in front of them blocking the view.

At one point someone called for an usher and these hoods went over and intimated the dad who did.

As I was leaving the Dome, numerous police, fire & rescue personal were rushing into the Dome.

Two guys ahead of me said they had witnessed a stabbing which occurred in the concourse.

For all of you folks who think it was wrong to cancel this rapper, I have to disagree with you.

Do we want to make attending what is supposed to be a fun family night into a night of horror and blood shed?

Bloodshed?

Every radio station that airs rap music already bleeps-out words that their standards and practices departments deem unfit for broadcast. Most recorded music companies put warning labels on songs with potentially offensive lyrics and others produce "clean" and "uncensored" versions of songs so that consumers can make an informed choice. You can make the same informed choice by choosing not to show up. How hard is to understand that students and teams wanted this? So we are now the campus music police.

Those DJ's would charge at least 50K to perform for 30 minutes. Besides, on a friday night, clubs pay those guys 150K-200K. So, you're not getting a house DJ ever. I support this direction of thinking though.

Avicii performed at Juice Jam a couple of years ago.

Every radio station that airs rap music already bleeps-out words that their standards and practices departments deem unfit for broadcast. Most recorded music companies put warning labels on songs with potentially offensive lyrics and others produce "clean" and "uncensored" versions of songs so that consumers can make an informed choice. You can make the same informed choice by choosing not to show up. How hard is to understand that students and teams wanted this? So we are now the campus music police.
What the students want is not always good for the majority of fans. Let the students pregame to rap in their dorms and headsets or wear them in the Dome but don't subject families to vile language, lyrics and criminals.

This is, after all, a basketball event not a rap show.

I have four grandchildren aged 4-9 I won't take them to Midnight Madness again until I'm sure it's a safe event.

What the students want is not always good for the majority of fans. Let the students pregame to rap in their dorms and headsets or wear them in the Dome but don't subject families to vile language, lyrics and criminals.

This is, after all, a basketball event not a rap show.

Understood. If it is not your cup of tea, that does mean that tea should be removed from the menu. Censorship is a very dangerous thing

Understood. If it is not your cup of tea, that does mean that tea should be removed from the menu. Censorship is a very dangerous thing

This is hardly censorship. The University has a responsibility to ensure that all events held in the Dome are safe. This definitely was the right call, especially after what happened last year.

This is hardly censorship. The University has a responsibility to ensure that all events held in the Dome are safe. This definitely was the right call, especially after what happened last year.

Campus police would ensure safety especially, after what happened last year.

Campus police would ensure safety especially, after what happened last year.

I'm willing to bet you a buck that it will be Syracuse City Police who will be making sure nothing gets out of hand. But the point is that Orange Madness is a basketball event. If the SU Concert Board wants to book Ace Hood to play a show on campus, then they should. No one is saying otherwise. What people are saying is that, for this event, whomever came up with the idea to book this act got it wrong...

It's not censorship. It is exercising intelligent judgement. The act should never have been scheduled in the first place. It's sad that some think that canceling it equates to censorship, because it is not. It is just correcting a mistake that never should have been made.

Don McPherson has a national reputation for running seminars for universities across the country (particularly their athletic programs) on the need to halt violence against women. He is one of SU's most impressive representatives. I bet he was thrilled by this ill-conceived choice.

Last edited:
It's not censorship. It is exercising intelligent judgement. The act should never have been scheduled in the first place. It's sad that some think that canceling it equates to censorship, because it is not. It is just correcting a mistake that never should have been made. Don McPherson has a national reputation for running seminars for universities across the country (and particularly their athletic programs) on the need to halt violence against women. He is one of SU's most impressive representatives. I bet he was thrilled by this ill-conceived choice.

We are naturally prejudiced against styles of music that we don't like and are comforted by those that we do.
We are have one of the best journalism programs in the country. Think about that…..

Last edited:
If rap is still on he "menu," get Lupe Fiasco, Common, get someone with a different message in their lyrics.
Or they should just get Jason Aldean, and have him do My Kinda Party, Dirt Road anthem, 1994, Johnny Cash, and Crazy Town.
Problem solved.

If rap is still on he "menu," get Lupe Fiasco, Common, get someone with a different message in their lyrics.
Or they should just get Jason Aldean, and have him do My Kinda Party, Dirt Road anthem, 1994, Johnny Cash, and Crazy Town.
Problem solved.
Its 5 days away little kid. Try getting anyone famous in 5 days. I'm not going. I've gone enough. I only appreciate the scrimmage and that 30 minutes of a 3 hour event. The dunk contest and shooting contest is a joke.

Its 5 days away little kid. Try getting anyone famous in 5 days. I'm not going. I've gone enough. I only appreciate the scrimmage and that 30 minutes of a 3 hour event. The dunk contest and shooting contest is a joke.
You can always get me to spit my 8 mile rap!!!
Str8 fiya

Ace Hood was at UB last night, pretty good I thought..

Much better than I was expecting.

Cool out 5.0... cool out.

Btw it is being televised. 9 oclock on espnu and espn3. Thank you America.
Probably with all the other madness events. Hope they actually have footage, I'm not going this year either.