Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. There have been multiple in-person instances of students being harassed with hate speech.

People that don’t think this is a safety issue need a big time reality check.

Seriously? Missed that. When? Today?

JeremyCuse, it’s the definition of a public safety issue if students of color are being harassed and called n****rs.

It really doesn’t get more blatant than that. It’s really shocking to me that people can’t grasp this.

The university not only has a duty to prevent this type of stuff from happening (which it’s failing miserably at), it has the responsibility to notify students when such dangerous acts do occur. If I’m an Asian student or other student of color I might make sure I’m with a bigger group of friends. I might drink less to ensure I can have as much control over my surroundings as possible.

The next step is literally violence against these student groups, which is why it’s absolutely the university’s duty to communicate when these incidents are happening.

The sheer shortsightedness of many on here is really disappointing.

Furthermore, substitute SU’s campus for America 2019 and what we’re seeing is not at all surprising. There’s been a rise in hate groups and racial motivated acts of violence in the past few years. Hell, thousands of dollars had to be spent to put Emmitt Till’s memorial sign behind BULLETPROOF GLASS because white people wont stop vandalizing it, shooting at it, and posing at it with guns.
If I could like this post 1000x, I would!!!!!

Seriously? Missed that. When? Today?

IMG_7807.jpg
IMG_7808.jpg

JeremyCuse, it’s the definition of a public safety issue if students of color are being harassed and called n****rs.

The university not only has a duty to prevent this type of stuff from happening (which it’s failing miserably at), it has the responsibility to notify students when such dangerous acts do occur. If I’m an Asian student or other student of color I might make sure I’m with a bigger group of friends. I might drink less to ensure I can have as much control over my surroundings as possible.

I'm genuinely curious on this, although someone else asked as well I believe. Obviously discourse on these issues are stressed in a way they never were before, yet people are still seemingly partaking in graffiti in washrooms, etc...so, out of curiosity, how would you have prevented it?

November 17, 2019
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
Last night, one of our African American students reported being subjected to a verbal racial epithet from a group of students and visitors to our campus. The location was on College Place. This report of an affront to our student’s—and our whole community’s—safety and well-being is the latest incident of several against Jews, Asians and African Americans. I am deeply angered by these events, including this latest incident.
All night, University leaders have been addressing these incidents. As to the College Place incident, Department of Public Safety (DPS) Chief Bobby Maldonado and his team have assembled substantial evidence, including security camera video, eyewitness accounts and interviews. The individuals involved have been identified and will be held appropriately accountable to the Code of Student Conduct and to the full extent of the law. We are working with the Syracuse Police Department, and we intend to bring this investigation to a swift and successful conclusion.
Some of the individuals involved are members and guests of a Syracuse University fraternity. That fraternity has been suspended pending the outcome of the investigation.
More importantly, it is my view that the safety and well-being of students on our campus requires stronger steps. As of 4 a.m today, I have directed the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs to suspend all social activities of fraternities on this campus for the remainder of the semester. While only one fraternity may have been involved in this particular incident, given recent history, all fraternities must come together with the University community to reflect upon how to prevent recurrence of such seriously troubling behavior.
DPS also continues to actively investigate the other incidents, particularly those involving racist graffiti and vandalism. A generous University donor has offered a reward for evidence that leads to the apprehension of the individual or individuals responsible for these heinous acts.
More details about the reward and further updates will be provided later today.
Sincerely,
33a9bf07-464c-4add-bad0-30aca11509d6.jpeg

Chancellor Kent Syverud

The perpetrators need the maximum penalities the law allow thrown at them.
After all the incidents to continue with that unacceptable behavior requires a massive penalty.
Expulsion, criminal prosecution minimum.

Here we go. Chancellor Kent is coming after the white Greeks. Now it’s getting real. I guarantee you that there will be more incidents as fallout of this.

Greek life at SU shows consistently that its members can’t be trusted not to do stuff like this.

This issue is not going away and may lead to seismic changes at SU.

How has the university failed miserably at this? What exactly do you expect them to do? Camp out in every bathroom on campus? I’m sure they are doing everything they can to catch the person/ppl who did this but it’s mostly like finding a needle in a haystack.

You keep lecturing the board on its short sightedness and act as if everyone here is a beneath you. Your entitled to you opinion (No matter how dumb it might be) and so is everyone else on here.
Is this really what you've gotten out of his posts???

Amazing.

How has the university failed miserably at this? What exactly do you expect them to do? Camp out in every bathroom on campus? I’m sure they are doing everything they can to catch the person/ppl who did this but it’s mostly like finding a needle in a haystack.

You keep lecturing the board on its short sightedness and act as if everyone here is a beneath you. Your entitled to you opinion (No matter how dumb it might be) and so is everyone else on here.
Agreed.

The perpetrators need the maximum penalities the law allow thrown at them.
After all the incidents to continue with that unacceptable behavior requires a massive penalty.
Expulsion, criminal prosecution minimum.
Instead they are punishing everyone.

Nothing like a little group punishment to quell the tension on campus.

Lol @ the mouth breathers on SU.com comment section. Like this is isolated to one small group at one frat. Group punishment is the correct way here

I hope there is due process and not just taking their word as fact.

Due process? Didn’t you hear, it’s been suspended in this country.

If they find the perpetrators, they are given their due process and innocence until proven guilty, and found guilty based on evidence, then penalize them to the full extent of the law.

But that’s now what people want to hear. And I’m sure I’ll be called a “racist” for not immediately grabbing a torch and pitchfork.

Criminal prosecution people are innocent till proven guilty but these kids don’t deserve that process as far as it’s concerned with their academic situation.
Syracuse code of conduct has been violated good bye to this frat.

Clean this chit. The demands of the protesters can pound sand after they didn’t want to meet with JB but get rid of these Greek frats.

Criminal prosecution people are innocent till proven guilty but these kids don’t deserve that process as far as it’s concerned with their academic situation.
Syracuse code of conduct has been violated good bye to this frat.

Clean this chit. The demands of the protesters can pound sand after they didn’t want to meet with JB but get rid of these Greek frats.
How do you know that they even did anything?

if we are going to expel students and ruin their lives I’d want to see evidence.
remember Duke LAX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors