Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what I’m saying. There’s 2 sides to every story. Even this one.
before you expel kids there should be hard evidence. NONE OF US has seen ANY evidence right now.

first, you don’t need to see the evidence. Second, nobody has been expelled yet. They have video and they have eye witnesses and believe they have identified the guilty parties but the investigation continues.

Can you show me the evidence?

I guess you could claim that Sveryud is an out right liar and made this up.

“As to the College Place incident, Department of Public Safety (DPS) Chief Bobby Maldonado and his team have assembled substantial evidence, including security camera video, eyewitness accounts and interviews. The individuals involved have been identified and will be held appropriately accountable to the Code of Student Conduct and to the full extent of the law. We are working with the Syracuse Police Department, and we intend to bring this investigation to a swift and successful conclusion.”

All of his posts in this thread have been bizarre. I mean, he ranted about migrants in Sweden at one point, which he knows nothing about just like he knows nothing about this incident.
Please show me one post that has been bizarre. And what makes you think I know nothing about migrants in Sweden? Have you spent multiple weeks there, or other EU nations that have taken in millions of economic migrants, in the past 3-5 years? Is it your opinion that the assimilation has been a success? Do you think most of them have been integrated into the educational and economic system, and are contributing to society? I'd love to hear your opinion on that, but that's another topic. My comment was related to this discussion about alleged racism.

My comment was in reply to another poster (an academic at SU) who claims that, in his/her own words, that:

"white people are the only people capable of being racist."

How can people honestly believe this? At some point in the very recent past, the definition of racism was conveniently changed to include "systemic power". This changed it from an objective definition to a subjective definition, only applicable to whites in the US. The inter-sectional victim groups applauded this, and it now allows them to think they can say or do anything they want, as long as they claim they're victims, because, as you well know, it's impossible for them to be racist. According to some in this thread, Chinese Americans can not be racist towards Korean Americans because, according to the same posters, Chinese don't hold "systemic power".

What is the threshold for systemic power? If an ethnic group holds 51% of the systemic power, are they still racist? What if it drops to 49% overnight, are they suddenly not racist? Do you see how ridiculous your belief is now?

The poster further went on to explain that whether or not an individual is a racist is a function of the country the individual currently lives in. So, if a white racist American moved to Indonesia, are they no longer a racist? That is nonsense.

You know who everyone is - you posted the article.

yea I did. And I read it again. I don’t see where everyone is being punished.

lol. Is this a joke post?

This is the "fake news" culture we live in now. There was a time when the poor behaviors of some on campus, including some fraternities, were brushed under the rug. Now, even when they are sitting on top of the rug, they are denied.

first, you don’t need to see the evidence. Second, nobody has been expelled yet. They have video and they have eye witnesses and believe they have identified the guilty parties but the investigation continues.
Well, I’m convinced.

This is a private institution. No different than working Inthe private sector. The proof of evidence is a lot less than court. Not just breaking the law will get you in trouble. People should know this by now.

Last edited:
Well, I’m convinced.

you didn’t reply. Is this made up?

“As to the College Place incident, Department of Public Safety (DPS) Chief Bobby Maldonado and his team have assembled substantial evidence, including security camera video, eyewitness accounts and interviews. The individuals involved have been identified and will be held appropriately accountable to the Code of Student Conduct and to the full extent of the law. We are working with the Syracuse Police Department, and we intend to bring this investigation to a swift and successful conclusion.”

you didn’t reply. Is this made up?

I’m saying I hope there’s overwhelming evidence before you ruin a kid‘s life. We all learned this in the Duke LAX case. Is that so radical?

Just to be clear if there is on indisputable evidence then yes whoever get such a hateful thing should be thrown out of SU and never allowed back on campus again.

I’m saying I hope there’s overwhelming evidence before you ruin a kid‘s life. We all learned this in the Duke LAX case. Is that so radical?
Interesting. So one bogus case means all cases are bogus. But how dare the university suspend all frats over the actions of one frat.

The consistency is strong with this one.

Interesting. So one bogus case means all cases are bogus. But how dare the university suspend all frats over the actions of one frat.

The consistency is strong with this one.

only the one fraternity was suspended. Social activities were suspended for the semester for all fraternities.

Agreed. Visited our chapter at Cuse in 2014, right before they were shutdown, the kids were not upstanding guys to say the least. We all love to party but you gotta have some values too.

Similar experience. Low-quality crowd. I'd say that's where a lot of the problems come from, but those same individuals did get accepted to Syracuse University, so I suppose even without Greek life they'd still be a concern.

It is simply inexcusable that there is racism and anti-semitism on a university campus.

This is a huge embarrassment to the university.

However, I think the administration has over-reacted to the on campus protests.

If the fraternity system is really that tainted with racism and anti-semitism then it should be 100% disbanded. However, if as stated in the article this was based upon incidents at one fraternity this year and one fraternity last year, then the punishment should be limited to the guilty. Article said the guilty frat has been suspended.

There were evidently also other incidents of this type of behavior according to the article that may not be related to the frat system.

Find and severely deal with the offenders, I see no need for generic punishment of the innocent.

Quick review: a criminal case is at the top of this pyramid, a civil case is in the middle, and enforcing SU's Code of Conduct is towards the bottom.

1574020927988.png

The Crows at SU have been scumbags for generations. I have no idea what the Greeks are like now at SU as my frat is long gone and my son isn’t in one, but punishing all for the acts of the Crows seems like scapegoating to me...they got their bogeyman.

...and for those generalizing about frats, Theta Tau was an engineering club, not a frat. And ironically its population was much more diverse than most frats..

...this situation all sounds like terrorism...someone’s goal is to divide the campus...seems like they are doing a good job at it.

Seriously? Missed that. When? Today?
The term "hate speech" and "hate crime" are bandied about so that the lose real meaning.
Calling graffiti a hate crime lumps it in with killing people for being gay.
I was reading a story about how "englightened" folks tried to threaten and intimidate a federal judge into rendering a
You haven’t been to law school huh?
Actually, I have been practicing over 30 years. I have won my share of felony and misdemeanor trials, and have had convictions tossed on appeal. The prosecution has the evidence, or it doesn't.

Here we go. Chancellor Kent is coming after the white Greeks. Now it’s getting real. I guarantee you that there will be more incidents as fallout of this.

Greek life at SU shows consistently that its members can’t be trusted not to do stuff like this.

This issue is not going away and may lead to seismic changes at SU.
Greek life isn't limited to just "white Greeks". I don't know how many have their own official houses, but there are historically black and latino chapters on campus also. I think it's smart to suspend Greek activities with all the tension currently on campus (heck look at this thread). It could get worse with large functions with alcohol and students/guests from all walks of life (being the #1 party school doesn't help matters). Thanksgiving week is coming up and Finals not too far afterwards so I can't imagine there are a ton of scheduled functions like official parties or fraternity/sorority date nights etc. Come to think of it, end of the semester means it's getting closer to "hell week" for pledges so many in Greek life would be closing ranks anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors