Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course she regrets it. This was her fault. Having said that, she never used words like that when she was younger. At S.U., her boyfriend was a Syracuse football player we all know. She hung around with all of the football players where quite frankly, those words were thrown around. And half of her friends on the soccer team were gay. It was a terrible moment for her. Her fault. But the results of that one moment has cost her job after job. Very nice young lady too. We pay for our sins. After they catch these guys at Syracuse, they are going to learn a hard lesson in life.

You personally know her and I have heard the same from students who were there at the time. Most of her friends at SU were Black and from what I was told, she was allowed (SMH) to use that word freely among them. Apparently someone had enough that night and decided to record it. Life ruined in an instant.

This thread, much like this issue, is moving so fast that I can’t even keep up with what’s been happening but to get back to the original post...

Is 1)Otto’s Army boycotting the next basketball game?

2) If those seats are empty, are they up for grabs? Can I buy a cheapie and then just go sit down there?

They deserve everything they get - and more. If that is the case, you're description of them is very accurate.

My guess is some are legit threats/slurs. Some are people trying to be edgy/funny. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one was a false flag. I hope that when they're caught that they're absolutely screwed regardless of their motivation.

You personally know her and I have heard the same from students who were there at the time. Most of her friends at SU were Black and from what I was told, she was allowed (SMH) to use that word freely among them. Apparently someone had enough that night and decided to record it. Life ruined in an instant.
Allow me to say, that she wasn't allowed to say it. She was treated by both her BF and her football friends as if one of the group. It wasn't considered a big deal in that setting. Obviously, a filthy, vulgar word that all of us are better off never using. The kid that recorded her that night, would have taken it back in a second if he could have.

This thread, much like this issue, is moving so fast that I can’t even keep up with what’s been happening but to get back to the original post...

Is 1)Otto’s Army boycotting the next basketball game?

2) If those seats are empty, are they up for grabs? Can I buy a cheapie and then just go sit down there?
What's it going to be like on campus vs Cornell. Will the protests be visible. Will there be more press around. Will the fans run into any conflicts?

What's it going to be like on campus vs Cornell. Will the protests be visible. Will there be more press around. Will the fans run into any conflicts?

There was an active protest outside of the Carnegie Library both going into the Dome and coming out for the game on Saturday against Seattle.

If you drive by BBB, you’ll see about 10 DPS and police cars. There was a threat of some sort which most residents feel was a hoax that then got shared in a group text. But not all were willing to take a chance and left the dorms, some for home. It’s my opinion that while there were real issues on campus last week, others are piling on and making it worse. That manifesto talk scared the heck out of some students also and many didn’t go to classes and students were seen openly crying. I can’t walk in their shoes so I’m not going to pretend to know how this is impacting people, especially minorities, on campus. I suggest others don’t either.
My daughter stayed in her room today and she's coming home tomorrow instead of friday. All of her classes have been canceled for the rest of the week. It's stupid. I don't mean the reactions, but the whole situation.
This has the potential to spiral due to outside groups seizing an opportunity to forward their agendas regardless of the damage it may cause to the SU community. I don't want to regret encouraging my daughter to attend my alma mater, but that is a current concern to me.

Is that thing at Hendricks happening at the same time the game is tipping off at the Dome? That is going to be a cluster

There was an active protest outside of the Carnegie Library both going into the Dome and coming out for the game on Saturday against Seattle.

National and local media will be all over the place tomorrow night given the Hendricks thing. This is going to be waaaaay worse

Anyone getting off the shuttle busses will have to walk by the Barnes Center to get to the Dome.

Hopefully DPS has a handle on this.

If the athletes went on strike like they did at Missouri years ago this chit would end in a day or two.

Right now though the football and basketball teams are staying out of it.

The copycats need to be stomped. Whomever is it doing it.

Safest play is the Jordan, Woods, Jeter strategy, and I don't blame them.

"Around 1 a.m. this morning, two students reported separate incidents of a male, early 20’s, exiting his vehicle completely naked. The suspect was last seen headed east up Harrison Street towards Thornden Park. His vehicle is described as a dark colored four-door sedan, with tinted windows and gold New York State license plates."

Glad to see things are returning to normal on campus.

Something is starting to seem fishy about all this.

Who knows what the truth is, but there are a lot of things with this that are fishy.

Whoever these people are, and no matter what side they are on, they are leaving evidence. They will be discovered, it’s only a matter of time.

Not THE purpose, but could be A purpose. College is a unique environment esp. for those who live there (non-commuters). You cannot control for the environments people grow up in and what they are exposed to, but college could be a place where people are around others (live, take classes etc.) they have truly never been around before. A lot of us can literally live in our own homogenous bubble where there is less opportunity to even make friends (even if you wouldn't object) with people who could be the complete opposite of you. A course could mean nothing to someone and just be a grade. It could open some others' eyes. Make of it what you will. I think the Greek life is a good start capturing a segment of the college population and maybe it'll expand depending on how it goes or is perceived.
A required class as proposed is not that.

Who knows what the truth is, but there are a lot of things with this that are fishy.

Whoever these people are, and no matter what side they are on, they are leaving evidence. They will be discovered, it’s only a matter of time.
What’s taking so long? Find them, the haul them outta the ‘Cuse!

"Around 1 a.m. this morning, two students reported separate incidents of a male, early 20’s, exiting his vehicle completely naked. The suspect was last seen headed east up Harrison Street towards Thornden Park. His vehicle is described as a dark colored four-door sedan, with tinted windows and gold New York State license plates."

Glad to see things are returning to normal on campus.
Bwahahaha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.