Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good lord?

I’ve been waiting for you so that I could tell you that you are just flat out wrong on every level. Serious question, do you seriously think any part of what you just typed and posted to represent yourself is right?

First thing, mark probably caught it but do you think I need you to tell me about dangers of the world?
Second thing, who asked for any of these feelings? Do you think there is a desire for them? How can someone over react to something deplorable? Deplorable literally means deserving strong condemnation. You can’t strongly condemn something then say get over it my man.
College is the place where the world is shaped these people will lead our children into their next 100 years. I’d personally like to change the narrative that was created throughout the history of this country. It simply isn’t something people can get over, not without the help of EVERYONE. Yea that means you too.

here’s the lesson. The world is a rough and at times ugly place, and most people are capable of truly awful behavior.

the sooner you accept that truth a person will be able to function in the face of adversity. It’s called growing up

That manifesto talk scared the heck out of some students also and many didn’t go to classes and students were seen openly crying.

Some of you may remember me, some may not. I tend to pop in from time to time during conference play, the tourney and the early offseason. This, obviously, drew me in. I graduated from 'Cuse in '08, and I consider myself very lucky to have been done with my education before mass shootings became so widepsread and prevalent. I rarely worried about them as a student. Now, as an adult (33 years old), I worry about them quite a bit. I thought I'd provide some commentary on why students are so scared over the manifesto. I know that for people who are older or who don't follow the news closely, it may not be apparent why people are so scared.

I follow the news very closely most of the time, so I know that when a manifesto like that is released, there is a significantly elevated risk of a mass shooting. How many times have we heard of one of these monsters releasing a manifesto, then going on to carry out a mass shooting minutes/hours/days later? It's extremely common in these cases.

If I was a student at Syracuse University right now, I would not be messing around with that threat just to go to class. I would like to think I'd be participating in the sit-in, and as a 33-year-old I currently consider that a worthwhile risk to take. But for a random 2-3 days of class in November? that.

If I had a child who was a student there, I'd be begging them to come home for a few days.

If I was the chancellor there, I would have cancelled classes until the FBI investigated the release of the manifesto. It's just not worth the risk, whether the chances of a mass shooting are elevated to 1% or 10%, it's just way too high of a cost to take that risk.

To my knowledge, there have been no threats of violence.

The release of the manifesto is an inherent threat. Being a news junkie and politically active, I have read some of the content of some of these manifestos in order to educate myself on the threat these people pose to our society. I don't wish to repeat too much of the ideas or words here, so I'll just say that they are as vile, repulsive, violent, dangerous and disgusting as it gets. Their goals are usually centered around creating white ethno-states and their methods obviously include mass murder.

So the fact that someone decided to release that to a bunch of people on the Syracuse campus was an inherent threat. If I was a student in that library that night who received that manifesto, I would have feared for my life - and I'm a white male. I would have either run or taken shelter.

It these are anti-black or Asian writings, how are the white kids feeling threatened.

Once a mass shooting starts, the bullets tend to be indiscriminate. Hatred threatens all of us.

here’s the lesson. The world is a rough and at times ugly place, and most people are capable of truly awful behavior.

the sooner you accept that truth a person will be able to function in the face of adversity. It’s called growing up

you aren’t qualified to give me advice about the world if you expect me to function in a type of adversity that shouldn’t exist.

This was just posted on the renegade magazines instagram. Someone's fessing up, cowardly. SHOW YOURSELF! It's only a matter of time before you're caught!

IMG_7848.jpg

I have my doubts as to whether that's real or not. You'd have to be pretty stupid to confess that or post that knowing the FBI is involved. Of course, you'd also have to be pretty stupid to be a racist or think racism is funny.

Regardless, it's not a joke and never was, and I hope whoever did it faces the full consequences for their actions.

This was just posted on the renegade magazines instagram. Someone's fessing up, cowardly. SHOW YOURSELF! It's only a matter of time before you're caught!

View attachment 173103

I don’t do Instagram. Anyone know if you can tell how long the poster has been a member there with that handle? The handle seems kinda telling that it’s a spoof post.

I don’t do Instagram. Anyone know if you can tell how long the poster has been a member there with that handle? The handle seems kinda telling that it’s a spoof post.

i just checked his twitter. He’s had that handle since April and has posted other fake stuff at other colleges. So the SU thing is fake.

"Around 1 a.m. this morning, two students reported separate incidents of a male, early 20’s, exiting his vehicle completely naked. The suspect was last seen headed east up Harrison Street towards Thornden Park. His vehicle is described as a dark colored four-door sedan, with tinted windows and gold New York State license plates."

Glad to see things are returning to normal on campus.
I think one of his relatives must live down here in NC as an older man enjoyed taking his daily walk in the park sans clothing. When arrested by the sheriff department and told that he couldn't be walking at this park without clothing he asked if there was another park in the area where it would be ok. :rolleyes:

Walking up the stairs every day was great exercise. It sucked taking night classes walking back.
I still have a memory of walking up the steps one night. All by myself, no one else around and half way up hearing something coming down the steps. At that point I thought, this might not have been a good idea. Thankfully it was campus police with a German Shepard on patrol. I did receive a very stern lecture about being a female walking across campus, alone at night. Eighteen year olds are stupid.

I was thinking in the shower this morning. Did anyone ask the people who discovered it, how were they the first to notice it? They'd be on my short list.

I went and read the NYT article. Pretty lengthy and talks about the manifesto in some detail. It appears it first appeared on a forum used to discuss Greek life at SU. Then it was dropped on some students in the library as we know. What got people so upset and worried as word spread on campus was that this manifesto was put on twitter by someone who then went and killed about 50 people at two mosques in New Zealand. If the intent was to scare people, it certainly did.

Here is the article referenced in the NYT article about the New Zealand killings.

Based on the incomprehensible number of mass shootings that have taken place in schools and college campuses in America over the past 15-20 years, I can understand why this situation would cause legitimate stress for students.

Could this all be petty nonsense that amounts to just childish immaturity by some douchebags? Sure that's probably the most likely scenario. Could it also be the precursor for SU to be the site of a mass shooting? Yes, that is also a possibility in the United States in the year 2019.

In NYC for work-- story is on local news here as well.

Yeah, I saw that CBS 2 had a live eye on Comstock last night.

Wouldn't have guessed that local news channels still invested in that sort of traveling journalism.

Yeah, I saw that CBS 2 had a live eye on Comstock last night.

Wouldn't have guessed that local news channels still invested in that sort of traveling journalism.
On CBS News Radio 880 as one of the stories both in the National and local portions on the top of the hour of their broadcast. CBS has someone in Syracuse as well.

The story was teased in the opening of the national, CBS News This Morning. I had to leave for work. so I was not able to see the actual report.

Cuomo said. “Despite his efforts, I do not believe Chancellor Syverud has handled this matter in a way that instills confidence.”

Someone never misses a chance to prop himself up as the savior.

He really does feel the need to insert himself into everything.
It is because Cuomo gets it unlike most of us who are not part of a marginalized population. From his statement:

We see it all across the nation and even across the great state of New York. Anti-Semitic, anti-African American, anti-Muslim American, anti-LGBTQ, anti-Asian American, anti-Italian American incidents and more have all increased.

Stop calling his brother Fredo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors