Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that almost everyone here now agrees that this is a terrible, terrible situation. For those who think that this is "just" words and should be treated as such, perhaps try to temper that thought against the backdrop of all of the school shootings these youngsters have heard about throughout their entire lives.

It hard for some to realize their own bias

Civs aren’t green Mark. The kids have to feel safe where they learn and they can’t feel that way if they think a fellow student thinks their lives are less valuable. It isn’t just words. They didn’t sign up for that and we can’t and shouldn’t hold them to that standard.

Oh good lord.

It's possible to not condone deplorable behavior and still say stop overreacting, toughen up, and join the real world.

Enough with the feels. The entire history of this world has been more dangerous than what these hypersensitive people have to deal with in this day and age on an college campus in the USA. There isn't a more isolated, protected, and unrealistic environment.

Oh good lord.

It's possible to not condone deplorable behavior and still say stop overreacting, toughen up, and join the real world.

Enough with the feels. The entire history of this world has been more dangerous than what these hypersensitive people have to deal with in this day and age on an college campus in the USA. There isn't a more isolated, protected, and unrealistic environment.

Oh good lord?

I’ve been waiting for you so that I could tell you that you are just flat out wrong on every level. Serious question, do you seriously think any part of what you just typed and posted to represent yourself is right?

First thing, mark probably caught it but do you think I need you to tell me about dangers of the world?
Second thing, who asked for any of these feelings? Do you think there is a desire for them? How can someone over react to something deplorable? Deplorable literally means deserving strong condemnation. You can’t strongly condemn something then say get over it my man.
College is the place where the world is shaped these people will lead our children into their next 100 years. I’d personally like to change the narrative that was created throughout the history of this country. It simply isn’t something people can get over, not without the help of EVERYONE. Yea that means you too.

Mandatory race and tolerance modules/classes must now be taken by members of greek life.

why isn’t this just required of every student? In say, a SU 101 gen ED first semester class? Seems a bit discriminatory at this point.
Is that really the purpose of college?

Gabrielle Union just posted a tweet about this to her massive number of followers. Syracuse University better bring in a better PR firm right quick to handle all of the negative attention focused on this matter right now as the snowball is gathering speed and running downhill.

Is that really the purpose of college?
Not THE purpose, but could be A purpose. College is a unique environment esp. for those who live there (non-commuters). You cannot control for the environments people grow up in and what they are exposed to, but college could be a place where people are around others (live, take classes etc.) they have truly never been around before. A lot of us can literally live in our own homogenous bubble where there is less opportunity to even make friends (even if you wouldn't object) with people who could be the complete opposite of you. A course could mean nothing to someone and just be a grade. It could open some others' eyes. Make of it what you will. I think the Greek life is a good start capturing a segment of the college population and maybe it'll expand depending on how it goes or is perceived.

If you drive by BBB, you’ll see about 10 DPS and police cars. There was a threat of some sort which most residents feel was a hoax that then got shared in a group text. But not all were willing to take a chance and left the dorms, some for home. It’s my opinion that while there were real issues on campus last week, others are piling on and making it worse. That manifesto talk scared the heck out of some students also and many didn’t go to classes and students were seen openly crying. I can’t walk in their shoes so I’m not going to pretend to know how this is impacting people, especially minorities, on campus. I suggest others don’t either.

If you drive by BBB, you’ll see about 10 DPS and police cars. There was a threat of some sort which most residents feel was a hoax that then got shared in a group text. But not all were willing to take a chance and left the dorms, some for home. It’s my opinion that while there were real issues on campus last week, others are piling on and making it worse. That manifesto talk scared the heck out of some students also and many didn’t go to classes and students were seen openly crying. I can’t walk in their shoes so I’m not going to pretend to know how this is impacting people, especially minorities, on campus. I suggest others don’t either.

This. 100% this.

If the perpetrators were stupid enough to air drop in a library, presumably from a cell phone, as well as post on the Greek social website, their cell phones and / or IP addresses will be traced and they will be caught.

depending on the level of warrants they are given for the investigation... everything is traceable so it’s only a matter of time.

depending on the level of warrants they are given for the investigation... everything is traceable so it’s only a matter of time.
Yes and I saw somewhere the NYS police and FBI are now involved... I really doubt they can hide from the feds.

Agree. Well said.

8C04304B-EE07-4705-B361-78CB83F0A65A.png

Yes and I saw somewhere the NYS police and FBI are now involved... I really doubt they can hide from the feds.

yes they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.