Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I deal with students pretty regularly and she sure shares some characteristics with those who'd be a) progressive enough to think that a righteous end might justify some dishonest/tasteless means and b) young and stupid enough to think they can do that without consequences.

Actually, that's the most charitable assumption, since the other possibilities are that she's a bigot or a drunk with a tacky sense of humor.

Checking her name again, looks like she's an engineering student. Sad. That's a good place to be, and she should know better.
spot on.

do we know where on that forum the manifesto was put? It’s a national Greek site but each school has its own “folder”.

It was on the Syracuse Folder message board. But again, anyone anywhere could post it. My guess is that when the FBI saud yesterday that there was no immediate threat to Syracuse students, they knew exactly where the message was posted from or they wouldn't have been able to make that statement.

Sorry for the italics.

edit: I saw a screen shot of the message in question. I tried to find it myself when the news hit but it was removed.

Last edited:
It was on the Syracuse Folder message board. But again, anyone anywhere could post it. My guess is that when the FBI saud yesterday that there was no immediate threat to Syracuse students, they knew exactly where the message was posted from or they wouldn't have been able to make that statement.

Sorry for the italics.

thanks. They may have even identified who by now which would tie in with that moderator saying they had. Means that SU student was telling the truth and went to psb. Since it was on the SU folder, I can see why kids that saw it or heard about it freaked out. Still surprised SU hasn’t formally addressed it since the one student directly challenged Syverud on its existence.

thanks. They may have even identified who by now which would tie in with that moderator saying they had. Means that SU student was telling the truth and went to psb. Since it was on the SU folder, I can see why kids that saw it or heard about it freaked out. Still surprised SU hasn’t formally addressed it since the one student directly challenged Syverud on its existence.

I think the parents and university were more concerned with the "airdrop." Once that news hit the kids on campus started calling home. They probably assumed, which they shouldn't have, that rationale folks would discount a post to a national website that was obviously a copy cat or a prankster.

Again, the "airdrop" is what really made people freak out that this may not just be a graffiti issue.

I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I deal with students pretty regularly and she sure shares some characteristics with those who'd be a) progressive enough to think that a righteous end might justify some dishonest/tasteless means and b) young and stupid enough to think they can do that without consequences.

Actually, that's the most charitable assumption, since the other possibilities are that she's a bigot or a drunk with a tacky sense of humor.

Checking her name again, looks like she's an engineering student. Sad. That's a good place to be, and she should know better.
She isn’t being alleged to have done the racist incidents at Day Hall correct?

Syverud will sign off on 98% of the demands. But the protesters want 100%. Since the protesters are not the whole student body, maybe they should reach out to all students to see if 98% is sufficient.

I was on campus Saturday night and was underwhelmed by the numbers. Maybe that has changed

No, she apparently was the culprit for four different graffiti incidents at Irving Garage and Bird Library.

Problem is...and this is why protesters need to have an IQ check before joining a cause...her actions undermined the credibility of what were likely real incidents.

You know I was fully in support of the students initially. And I still maintain that the initial University response was godawful. But between the students refusing to accept a deal that was really good for them yesterday, and now this, I'm pretty worn out on that.

So the individuals who did the stuff at Day Hall are still at-large?

Problem is...she has done tremendous damage to the validity of the entire slew of allegations. I dont think she did them all, but she has.

Kudos to the guys including TexanMark who called out the almost seeming inevitability of false flags

the fraternity thing wasn’t a false flag. Who knows about the early graffiti. I’m of the opinion the first ones are real, then copycats. If it was all a false flag, that means every incident was done by the protestors or their supporters.

So the individuals who did the stuff at Day Hall are still at-large?

yes. Everyone is still at large except for the facial verbal abuse at the frat and the girl that did yesterday’s at the parking garage and library.

Status
Not open for further replies.