Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks. They may have even identified who by now which would tie in with that moderator saying they had. Means that SU student was telling the truth and went to psb. Since it was on the SU folder, I can see why kids that saw it or heard about it freaked out. Still surprised SU hasn’t formally addressed it since the one student directly challenged Syverud on its existence.
The student who challenged Syverud, said she has a screenshot of the manifesto, looking through twitter this isn't her first time protesting.

What does the graffiti say? Is it pro as in lets spur this thing forward, or is it, pro as in keep protesting.
A local TV news reporter's tweet says that the arrest was in connection with "four incidents of graffiti in and around the Irving Garage and Bird Library." The news clip that is linked to the tweet says only that it was "negative graffiti aimed at the university [that was] intended to be in support of the campus protests."

The student who challenged Syverud, said she has a screenshot of the manifesto, looking through twitter this isn't her first time protesting.

Stupid question, but if they are blocking members of the SU community from accessing campus, are they breaking any type of law?

Is there a law against protesting more than once?

which none of us have seen ANY evidence for.
Let me give you my professional opinion as a police officer.

These types of crimes are very hard to prove without concrete evidence (first hand witnesses who are willing to go on paper and or video evidence showing the person doing it.) I am sure Syracuse PD has info on possible suspects, however as I mentioned, without that concrete evidence it becomes a he said/she said thing. Making graffiti and criminal mischief for vandalizing walls, buildings, etc are A misdemeanors. You start throwing around “hate crime” charges it turns into a whole new ball game.

The fact of the matter is there probably is not a whole lot to go off of at this time. They need to nail down a timeline of when it happened and then figure out who was where at that time. It’s a process and it’s very difficult tracking, especially without the video as Bees mentioned.

Information is not released if it’s not concrete. This is a mess for multiple of reasons for the investigators working this. Dozens of statements, interviews, whatever physical evidence that can be found all has to be collected. It takes time.

Well that's a lovely sign.

Odd that that gets someone the patient ear of the chancellor.

Because it seems that if the nouns were reversed it'd get the attention of the FBI and come with the risk of expulsion.

Well that's a lovely sign.

Odd that that gets someone the patient ear of the chancellor.

Because it seems that if the nouns were reversed it'd get the attention of the FBI and come with the risk of expulsion.
Really?

Im reading Kent’s signed off on all the demands now?

Disappointing if true.

That seems unlikely, the same race roommate thing is likely a federal civil rights violation.

He knows spray paint exists - did nothing to stop this.

He knows that manifesto is out there - did nothing to stop this.

It's all the same. He should go - he, and the rest of the administration is clearly oblivious to hate crimes.

Wait, what? I want to make sure I understand.

Are you saying that the Chancellor of Syracuse University should be on the hook for the existence of spray paint and someone’s use of it?

And that same Chancellor should censor that manifesto being on the Internet?

He knows spray paint exists - did nothing to stop this.

He knows that manifesto is out there - did nothing to stop this.

It's all the same. He should go - he, and the rest of the administration is clearly oblivious to hate crimes.
Yes he should have banned the sale of spray paint in the Syracuse area years ago. It’s all his fault this is happening

Status
Not open for further replies.