Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would personally probably just scuff it out, but I'm hesitant to tell a Jewish person how to feel or act in that scenario. What if they had a grandparent who escaped the Holocaust, for example. Or what if this was one of many times they saw anti-Semitic messaging in their life, and they always kept quiet before, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back and they were fed up?

Feel the same way. If I'm walking down the street with a black friend of mine and he sees the N word scribbled in the snow, I'd be 100% understanding if he had a stronger reaction than "oh it's just snow, I'll stamp it out," especially within the context of current events and the climate on campus.

I have to say, if you saw a swastika in the snow, wouldn't you either ignore it (it melts) or scuff it out with your foot?

Keep it quiet, move on. I can't think of anything positive that can come from publicizing this other than continuing the frenzy.

Something positive comes out of it if you did it, and you alert everyone, and everyone becomes more aware of these things! Awareness is key. You can't have awareness without incidents.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point if they catch one of the protesters being one of the people doing this so their cause seems more legit.

Not saying that that's what's going on, but it's happened before...
Exactly my thought.

I love how people immediately default to "IT'S A HOAX" when pretty much any racist incident occurs. Has it happened before? Sure, but it's nowhere close to being widespread or an epidemic. How about you just let the investigation play out and see what comes of it, instead of jumping to conclusions with absolutely zero inside knowledge of what happened.

I love how people immediately default to "IT'S A HOAX" when pretty much any racist incident occurs. Has it happened before? Sure, but it's nowhere close to being widespread or an epidemic. How about you just let the investigation play out and see what comes of it, instead of jumping to conclusions with absolutely zero inside knowledge of what happened.
Well this is a snow drawing garnering publicity now.

Nobody’s assuming anything, it’s just becoming a bit suspect that stuff like that is getting a spotlight.

Unless the city’s involved with street camera’s, how the hell do you investigate an etching in the snow that’s likely been destroyed?

I would personally probably just scuff it out, but I'm hesitant to tell a Jewish person how to feel or act in that scenario. What if they had a grandparent who escaped the Holocaust, for example. Or what if this was one of many times they saw anti-Semitic messaging in their life, and they always kept quiet before, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back and they were fed up?
Feel the same way. If I'm walking down the street with a black friend of mine and he sees the N word scribbled in the snow, I'd be 100% understanding if he had a stronger reaction than "oh it's just snow, I'll stamp it out," especially within the context of current events and the climate on campus.

That was careless of me, I was conflating two opinions. I wouldn't presume to tell someone else what to think about it.

1) I personally would scuff out the snow. And move on. (Heck, a few years ago I could've had the chance - I lived on that block during law school.)
2) If someone who had a stronger personal reason to take offense wanted to pursue the matter, I can't think of a productive course of action other than (a) call DPS (because it's really not relevant to a real law enforcement agency), (b) ask them to take a record of it, and (c) DPS should do so, then remove the offending word/symbol and keep the matter in-house until some time (like a culprit is identified) when it's appropriate to share.

You should NOT love that!

I have found it interesting as well that several people have indicated its a false flag operation. What is it based on? That students at SU can't hold racial prejudices? I would hazard to guess that it is more likely it is copycats who are acting out their racial prejudices because they perceive the protests as giving them power or misguided individuals who think it is funny and are trolling the protestors.

How do you catch the culprit? Unless someone confesses this is not leading anywhere. Do they monitor the camera on the bathroom door and grab everyone that entered until the time it was reported?

I have found it interesting as well that several people have indicated its a false flag operation. What is it based on? That students at SU can't hold racial prejudices? I would hazard to guess that it is more likely it is copycats who are acting out their racial prejudices because they perceive the protests as giving them power or misguided individuals who think it is funny and are trolling the protestors.

If you don’t think people should jump to the conclusion that it’s a hoax, then wouldn’t you also agree that people should not immediately jump to the conclusion that this is not? It goes both ways.

I'll just leave this here for the ignorant people..
IMG_7778.jpg

Something about this speech and the tone felt off to me. It almost felt as if he was doing it involuntarily and or prematurely.

this isn’t a criticism. Just felt strained

Something about this speech and the tone felt off to me. It almost felt as if he was doing it involuntarily and or prematurely.

Probably just tired. Lots going on. Right now they are working on bringing the students abroad in China home because of the protests in Hong Kong.

Probably just tired. Lots going on. Right now they are working on bringing the students abroad in China home because of the protests in Hong Kong.
I wouldn't read too much into this. If you watch other video of him, he often seems that way. He's an academe, not on-camera talent.
1573917198196.gif

I think due to the amount of thought and reason put into the demands, and the ease of compliance as a result, these demands should be implemented immediately:

"Demand No. 15 requires that when a racially-motivated incident happens on or near SU campus, the administration must respond within 48 hours."

Would have been a little more newsworthy if the author had published the entire list. Did they eliminate the demand to have same race room mates/housing?

seems like some of the odd numbers are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.