Personnel changes on the OL | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Personnel changes on the OL

I woulda definetly jammed him at line with Barron and then let lewis one on one or keep Barron underneath and lewis over top.
Now, that sounds like a good plan....but if you look at the play, If Barron stayed with the wideout...underneath... the play went for 17 yards...all they needed was 9, a back oiut of the backfield could have filled that space left in the short area...

Now, that sounds like a good plan...but if you look at the play, If Barron stayed with the wideout...underneath... the play went for 17 yards...all they needed was 9, a back oiut of the backfield could have filled that space left in the short area...
Right but then u rally to rb. Also that has to be considered in the call at that exact time. My biggest issue on that call was lack of pressure. Too much time back there for something to open up.

I wonder if the “yips” so to speak come from the difference in coaching styles. Dino would encourage and be consoling when a mistake was made . Fran would chew them out forcefully. I think that’s was OGs issue in Stanford game after his punt blunder. He didn’t seem the same. Some can adjust to being chewed out some don’t.
Are you saying Fran doesn't encourage guys after a mistake? I don't think that's accurate. I've seen him encourage guys after a mistake. That may not be his posture everytime, but he does it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom