Personnel changes on the OL | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Personnel changes on the OL

I woulda definetly jammed him at line with Barron and then let lewis one on one or keep Barron underneath and lewis over top.
Now, that sounds like a good plan....but if you look at the play, If Barron stayed with the wideout...underneath... the play went for 17 yards...all they needed was 9, a back oiut of the backfield could have filled that space left in the short area...

Now, that sounds like a good plan...but if you look at the play, If Barron stayed with the wideout...underneath... the play went for 17 yards...all they needed was 9, a back oiut of the backfield could have filled that space left in the short area...
Right but then u rally to rb. Also that has to be considered in the call at that exact time. My biggest issue on that call was lack of pressure. Too much time back there for something to open up.

I wonder if the “yips” so to speak come from the difference in coaching styles. Dino would encourage and be consoling when a mistake was made . Fran would chew them out forcefully. I think that’s was OGs issue in Stanford game after his punt blunder. He didn’t seem the same. Some can adjust to being chewed out some don’t.
Are you saying Fran doesn't encourage guys after a mistake? I don't think that's accurate. I've seen him encourage guys after a mistake. That may not be his posture everytime, but he does it.

Cruz was an absolute traffic cone on that sack. Maybe that's why he's not playing more. Embarrassing against a FCS team.
Was about to post word for word. A hideous job by Cruz.

Petry is really bad as well. Need to try something else at RG.
I said this in a previous post on this topic, but I will say it again: What makes fans think they know more than professional coaches when it comes to playing time? There are reasons why the guys on the OL, who are not playing....ARE NOT PLAYING! Did you see what that second string OL did? Did any of them look like they should be starting? On one play, Cruz and another player had a double team, and they let a Freshman power between them for a sack!

This is where we really cheaped out on the coaching hires. We should have gone after the Dazzler instead of Dale Williams. The Dazzler’s head coaching experienced would’ve helped the staff tremendously.
Is he still available?

This is where we really cheaped out on the coaching hires. We should have gone after the Dazzler instead of Dale Williams. The Dazzler’s head coaching experienced would’ve helped the staff tremendously.
Dale Williams Caoched some high powered passing OL's at Purdue and DAVille. What in his resume suggests that he would not be able to do the same for us? The problem is the lack of talented players. We have retreads at our Tackle positions, and guys who were on the team last year, but didn't perform very well! These guys are not physical at the point of attack for the run game either. I just don't think we can keep blaming coaches...and not look at the talent of the players.

Not gonna say it’s all on just players or just coaches…but when the hire was made for coach dale, Purdue fans said good luck and said how not 1 guy from Purdue was drafted under him.
Look when teams don't respect your ability to run the football, and all they do is pass rush, because they know you're probably passing, it's on your running backs.

Dale Williams Caoched some high powered passing OL's at Purdue and DAVille. What in his resume suggests that he would not be able to do the same for us? The problem is the lack of talented players. We have retreads at our Tackle positions, and guys who were on the team last year, but didn't perform very well! These guys are not physical at the point of attack for the run game either. I just don't think we can keep blaming coaches...and not look at the talent of the players.

Yeah he’s known to have OLs regress under him

That has occurred here as we have seen.

It’s brutal.

I like Fran and what he’s about, that being said, the whole “Offensive line is the most improved position group.” Was a crock of BS. They stink, and he must’ve not watched much of our WRs last season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom