Personnel changes on the OL | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Personnel changes on the OL

OL improvements are not overnight fixes. A clear issue that I see is communication gaps. They are not talking

Yeah, after watching the second string, I think we got the best five playing, unfortunately
That's crazy to think that the guys behind Petry are worse. He was constantly getting beat yesterday, vs Holy Cross!!

Welp the Cruz no sack streak is over and it was against Holy Cross.

I’m still undecided on the OL coach. It’s obvious we need to improve run blocking but I think the pass blocking has been very good. Certainly way better than what we had the past few years.

We’ve given up 11 sacks in 4 games throwing 191 passes - and we’re not exactly throwing short quick passes.

The biggest gripe yesterday was that every pass play seemed to be 20+ yards down field. It’s inevitable to give up some sacks when facing pressure and also waiting for longer developing pass patterns. I’ve been mostly pleased with the protection.

One thing to remember, we knew this OL coach was a pass protection guy, not a running game guy. We shouldn't be so surprised.

One thing to remember, we knew this OL coach was a pass protection guy, not a running game guy. We shouldn't be so surprised.
So then we can hire a running game coordinator/line coach?

This is where we really cheaped out on the coaching hires. We should have gone after the Dazzler instead of Dale Williams. The Dazzler’s head coaching experienced would’ve helped the staff tremendously.
I think we all collectively were hoping the OL coach search went in this direction. It checked a lot of boxes.

Welp the Cruz no sack streak is over and it was against Holy Cross.

I’m still undecided on the OL coach. It’s obvious we need to improve run blocking but I think the pass blocking has been very good. Certainly way better than what we had the past few years.

We’ve given up 11 sacks in 4 games throwing 191 passes - and we’re not exactly throwing short quick passes.

The biggest gripe yesterday was that every pass play seemed to be 20+ yards down field. It’s inevitable to give up some sacks when facing pressure and also waiting for longer developing pass patterns. I’ve been mostly pleased with the protection.
The pass blocking has been undeniably better and honestly the sacks aren’t all on the OL. Some have been coverage sacks and at least one was on Kyle M. Plus to go from whatever our pass blocking was last year to a line capable of supporting at 350+ yard a game passer (sacks acknowledged) still says something.

I think we all collectively were hoping the OL coach search went in this direction. It checked a lot of boxes.
Has an Addazio coached team ever had a weak or even mediocre offensive line? It seems like it was a team strength every year. And let’s not pretend that he was pulling four star offensive line recruits; He was developing them.

His personality would also seem to mesh with Coach Fran and he was a part of a Syracuse coaching staff during their glory years. A perfect bridge from the past to the future.

Has an Addazio coached team ever had a weak or even mediocre offensive line? It seems like it was a team strength every year.
Well he is the Dazzler for a reason lol :D

It would have been a link to the P/D era, an established HC on a staff that doesn’t have one, and a guy known for coaching strong OL units. Checked a lot of boxes.

Well he is the Dazzler for a reason lol :D

It would have been a link to the P/D era, an established HC on a staff that doesn’t have one, and a guy known for coaching strong OL units. Checked a lot of boxes.
And now we’re stuck with Dale Williams (ugh)

It's not a great sign when you don't have 1 OL grading Above average or higher against an FCS school. We had some nice runs, but it's easy to tell the staff doesn't trust us to run on 3rd and short, even against HC. Petry in particular really struggled this game as a whole, as did Reed towards the beginning of the game.

Honestly I could care less if they run at all now. It barely functions and 3rd and longs without a sack we still have a shot. I want 3 chances to throw.

its not like teams honor the play action any more anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom