Pete Thamel | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Pete Thamel

There has been a few but the few also worked for their current program so understood what it takes to win. Other than Ed O, who was the interim HC at USC for almost an entire season, and basically the perfect fit for LSU, there hasn’t been any position coaches hired from outside their own program to another P5. I hope he knows what’s in store for him.

They guy at Texas Tech, Joe McGuire, went from AHC/OLB at Baylor to HC at Texas Tech. He'd never been a HC or Coordinator. 2 years in he's 14-11.

3 years - if he is winning he is moving on. If he is losing we should be moving on.

Definitely 3 years should have an option. I say even 2 just because they are taking such of a risk due to his age and lack of experience in HC or Coordinator role.

You have to wonder if the leak to the PS is to see how many people/donors will freak out over this hire.

Or bourbon?

Or Pacusewife’s hall passes??

It's recess at the moment and figured I'd pop on to see if there's any news. Glad I did lol
download.png

Glad you did too.

I find it interesting that Thamel has yet to confirm Fran Brown to SU.
I suspect Pete is going to wait until pen has been put to paper so he can be the first to officially confirm that thee deed is done.

Did everyone know that after Pete did some reporting on the Michigan football signal stealing scandal, he received a number of death threats from Michigan fans?

And I thought this board was kind of hostile to him!

Props to Michigan fans for figuring out how to send emails as well. They are more advanced than expected.

You have to wonder if the leak to the PS is to see how many people/donors will freak out over this hire.
You could wonder, but you would be wasting your time. The major donors were part of the process. As we have learned repeatedly over the last 2 days, "people" freaking out over the choice is inevitable and meaningless to the people making the choice - as it should be.

ONCE AGAIN., She didn't necessarily want him. She didn't want Chesney and used this to make a point. Why is no one reading my post the right way??? Annoying. OMG!!! I'm out of here.
1701201096714.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom