Peter Carey scoring as much as the starting forwards | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Peter Carey scoring as much as the starting forwards

Is it 1975 in here?
Didn’t you graduate high school that year?
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

This is a fair take, but the issue arises in 'could be a contributor by his senior year' is a very risky way to build a program, and not something Red has time for. The sample size on Carey is still far too small, but as we've seen this year, counting on contributors to develop does not always pan out, and hurts the team significantly if it doesn't without viable alternative options.
You do know that we still need program guys that stay for four years right? Of course you build a program with some of these guys.

Bring in a proper big man coach (must be an actual big man) and presto, we're off to the races (and the Top 10) again! Carey will make everyone forget Wilt, I just feel it in my bones!

Just stop. Seikaly played 25 minutes per game as a freshman, and averaged 8.1 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks. He was far from awful.
It’s funny when people call him a project like comparing countless guys to his path, Ronny’s freshman numbers were better than most of our senior centers.

It’s funny when people call him a project like comparing countless guys to his path, Ronny’s freshman numbers were better than most of our senior centers.
Yeah, all good Cuse centers had growing pains (e.g., Seikaly, Etan, Fab, Christmas), but they all showed flashes of their ceilings in their freshmen years. I’m not sure what Carey’s ceiling is, but it is likely significantly lower than the gentlemen I mentioned.

Yeah, all good Cuse centers had growing pains (e.g., Seikaly, Etan, Fab, Christmas), but they all showed flashes of their ceilings in their freshmen years. I’m not sure what Carey’s ceiling is, but it is likely significantly lower than the gentlemen I mentioned.
Somebody had thrown the name J.B. Reafsnyder out there.

If he can become that, that's a fantastic outcome.

Also one time I helped J.B. find a Fugees CD at a music store in Carousel Mall.

Somebody had thrown the name J.B. Reafsnyder out there.

If he can become that, that's a fantastic outcome.

Also one time I helped J.B. find a Fugees CD at a music store in Carousel Mall.
If that’s a fantastic outcome then why did we give him a look?

At least his taste was better than his game.

If that’s a fantastic outcome then why did we give him a look?

At least his taste was better than his game.
Because Reafsnyder was a solid contributor on some pretty good teams.

Not everybody we get is going to be all-conference. Solid role players make for strong programs.

Plus, Reafsnyder would have been our best starting center this season.

Because Reafsnyder was a solid contributor on some pretty good teams.

Not everybody we get is going to be all-conference. Solid role players make for strong programs.

Plus, Reafsnyder would have been our best starting center this season.
I get it, wish he didn’t stink though. Lol

I'm getting lost on the thread - is the belief that teams don't need a low post game? Someone better tell the Nuggets and Sixers they are wasting their time. Any team, any era - every post player should have a couple of back to the basket go to moves.

I'm getting lost on the thread - is the belief that teams don't need a low post game? Someone better tell the Nuggets and Sixers they are wasting their time. Any team, any era - every post player should have a couple of back to the basket go to moves.
Embiid shoots nearly 37% from three. Wemby can dribble like a guard. Think they picked up those skills by working on their drop step? Low post games are great, and I love to see skilled guys in that area, but today’s game requires a big man to be a MUCH more complete player. That’s my point.

I wish he had grabbed one or two more rebounds vs. UK at the Meadowlands

BC turns it over because they do that..

They dont tend to shoot 50% from 2 and 3.

We dont tend to go 3-10 on FTs to start a game.

Just do the simple things.
Plus we tend to cause turnovers for the other team. We’re second in the ACC at creating turnovers.

Embiid shoots nearly 37% from three. Wemby can dribble like a guard. Think they picked up those skills by working on their drop step? Low post games are great, and I love to see skilled guys in that area, but today’s game requires a big man to be a MUCH more complete player. That’s my point.
Well to be fair for his career Embid is more like 33% and was 30% the two years before this. I totally get your point but we aren't getting guys like Filipowski, let alone Wemby or Embid. Carey, Maliq and any big in our program needs a go to move at the rim. It's criminal that they don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom