Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
His statements about who is recruiting him the hardest and who he likes is really concerning to me. PROVIDENCE!!!
No mention of Syracuse. What gives here?

Whatever it is, fix it quickly to make it Syracuse.
It might be an old video... I don't know. I just posted it because I'd not seen it, nor had I seen him interviewed.
Found it on Yurview.

"Akok told us in March that he’s hearing from Providence ‘a lot’ "

The article doesn't say much but I'm sure the tweet is just selling it as UConn vs. PC because this appears to be a New England site.

Much respect for Cooley but Akok should be ours if its us and prov/uconn

this entitled sensibility, that the name of an institution is the most important factor, is simply wrong. as with all recruits, we can't make claims like this because we don't know what he (akok) values
Entitled? There’s numerous posts from proven sources in this thread that’d lead to believe we’re at least on level playing field with those two schools right now in Akok’s recruitment. If we’re neck and neck with uconn and providence I could provide a list of reasons outside of Syracuse’s name why we should feel good as of This moment in time.

State of program
Coaching
Facilities
Academics
Path to nba
Etc.

this entitled sensibility, that the name of an institution is the most important factor, is simply wrong. as with all recruits, we can't make claims like this because we don't know what he (akok) values
No, don't you see Moqui? It's not just that we deserve players that we were in on early, when they stick with us it proves their and our moral superiority. That's what really matters.

I would definitely fear Providence. My sister lives next door to Cooley and the guy is a heck of a recruiter and has a great story to tell at PC. It is disturbing he didn't mention SU in the video. This kids seems legit.

I would definitely fear Providence. My sister lives next door to Cooley and the guy is a heck of a recruiter and has a great story to tell at PC. It is disturbing he didn't mention SU in the video. This kids seems legit.
I guess it comes down to making the kid feel like he’s joining a family and successful basketball program. Hopefully jim’s persistance on his recruiting trail and a successful future visit can secure that.

No, don't you see Moqui? It's not just that we deserve players that we were in on early, when they stick with us it proves their and our moral superiority. That's what really matters.
Good try

Your sister sounds like a baller, is she single??

We’re not losing the top player in the nation to Providence or ucant

I wouldn't be too worried about Providence or UConn now. I'd be more concerned that a blue blood could sweep in. I don't think (just my gut talking) that we lose him to anyone other than a Kentucky or a Duke type program. I guess it'll depend on how badly Akok needs a bag.

Last edited:
Although his school tweeted this one out...I dislike that its "wide open" that seems like they know more schools are going to jump in and he isn't settled on just a few.

The funny thing is even with his rise in rankings and such, Cuse and and UCANT have still been the biggest schools watching him.

Status
Not open for further replies.