Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is that any player, if good enough, can have an NBA career regardless of where they attend school. There are countless players in the NBA now that did not go to Kentucky, Duke, etc. Ask Curry, Lillard, McCollum, Simmons, etc...

Akok will be great at SU if he comes here. He will have the tv exposure, and great coaching. In fact, there is nothing he can get at Kentucky or Duke that he can't get at SU... except perhaps a money bag and better weather. Akok, if he keeps his head screwed on, will get his payday in the NBA.

Akok, if you read these boards, you don't need that snake PayPal Cal or Coach K. You have what it takes to succeed on your own merits. That said, I won't be disappointed if you choose Syracuse!!! LGO!!!

Long time lurker, very seldom post anything anymore. Can someone in the know tell me if Akok and Stewart could play together or if one commits, does that take SU out of the running for the other? I like what I have read about Akok. Could his ceiling actually be higher than Stewart’s?

Long time lurker, very seldom post anything anymore. Can someone in the know tell me if Akok and Stewart could play together or if one commits, does that take SU out of the running for the other? I like what I have read about Akok. Could his ceiling actually be higher than Stewart’s?
No inside info, but I don't think the staff would stop recruiting one if we landed the other first. Also, I'd expect the staff to take the first commit they can get. Also, I think we're more likely to get Akok than Stewart, as Stewart already has the full attention of the big boys (Duke, UK, Kansas, etc.)

OB replacement.

Could be...but I think more of a marek replacement or who ever is playing the 4 for us replacement. Quincy to me is the OB replacement. But that's just my thinking, idk what the staff wants. Q is definitely more a 3 and Akok is definitely more of a stretch 4 although the reports of his ball handling/skill set seems like he can play both and in a way the 3 and 4 can be played the same way in our system anyways.

I'm not in the know, but Stewart is a bruiser inside whereas Akok is currently a twig that can stretch the floor. They hypothetically should complement one another very well. Stewart is purely a center whereas Akok is probably a PF right now that could potentially bulk up a bit and play C later.

he can play both forward positions, and stewart can play either the 4 or the 5, so yes - they could easily play together

while i remain confident that su is in the lead here . . . this recruitment is starting to remind me of the anthony davis recruitment. just as he has been with aa, jb was on ad long before he caught the notice of the ranking services. suddenly, ad rockets to the top of the rankings and suddenly all the other big name schools come calling.

if he decides in the fall, i like our chances. if he decides to wait until spring, i'll like them less.

while i remain confident that su is in the lead here . . . this recruitment is starting to remind me of the anthony davis recruitment. just as he has been with aa, jb was on ad long before he caught the notice of the ranking services. suddenly, ad rockets to the top of the rankings and suddenly all the other big name schools come calling.

if he decides in the fall, i like our chances. if he decides to wait until spring, i'll like them less.

Funny, I was thinking AD too...

I had never seen this Akok video before:

His statements about who is recruiting him the hardest and who he likes is really concerning to me. PROVIDENCE!!!
No mention of Syracuse. What gives here?

Whatever it is, fix it quickly to make it Syracuse.

His statements about who is recruiting him the hardest and who he likes is really concerning to me. PROVIDENCE!!!

It might be an old video... I don't know. I just posted it because I'd not seen it, nor had I seen him interviewed.

We don't know when they tape was made. syracuse is recruiting him hard. That isn't a worry

Looks like it was a video from right after Putnam won it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.