Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although his school tweeted this one out...I dislike that its "wide open" that seems like they know more schools are going to jump in and he isn't settled on just a few.

That seems kind of inappropriate coming from a school account.

Didn't know Putnam was so edgy.

This seems to be going towards a late decision which rarely goes our way .
perspective: thompson, washington, dolezaj, braswell - all recent late decisions that went our way

but in this case, yes; the longer he takes the less confident i become

perspective: thompson, washington, dolezaj, braswell - all recent late decisions that went our way

but in this case, yes; the longer he takes the less confident i become
The competition wasn’t there for those guys. Except taurean. Akok is pretty much a 5 star at this point and none of the guys you listed was top 100 except TT

The competition wasn’t there for those guys. Except taurean. Akok is pretty much a 5 star at this point and none of the guys you listed was top 100 except TT

So let's just say it, if he's holding out waiting for a bag, than we aren't going to get him.

But in truth it is only logical that our record with guys who have been offerred that hold out isn't good......probably the same for just about everyone. If we give them an offer that they can accept and they don't, then they are waiting for something else....and it obviously isn't an offer from us. They may not get what they want and we may end up with them, but that's pretty much the truth of it.

Last edited:
The tipping factor for him may be the team that provides the best stage to showcase and that’s us. I say that not only based on previous success of players drafted, but mostly based on the high caliber team and players we now have that will certainly make a run at NC this year. He may want to join a team that are contenders with a great supporting cast for him. Making a decision later in the year may actually benefit us. Kentucky and Duke are not for everyone.

of course i know that, but those provisos were not in the original claim, which was simply that we don't get guys late, and is incorrect.

and as far as 5 star guys go: we rarely get them at all, early or late

PC still has 2 ships left for 2019, I suspect you will see this free Ed up to go hard after Akok, it's going to be a dogfight for him. This kid while 6'8" is a 2-3 type player.

But to pull him out of NC with tons of high offers without a visit is pretty special

PC still has 2 ships left for 2019, I suspect you will see this free Ed up to go hard after Akok, it's going to be a dogfight for him. This kid while 6'8" is a 2-3 type player.

But to pull him out of NC with tons of high offers without a visit is pretty special

Thanks for the insight!

Related to the St Bonnie's star of yore?

How dare Syracuse routinely turn top 50-75 kids into first round picks after a year or two max. What a disservice!!!!

8ED2FC48-95AC-429E-A989-B8C932EEE859.png

It'll take a total staff effort to land Akok. We really can't afford to miss this guy with the amount of time/energy spent on his recruitment. He fits our system so well. And I'm not convinced the top centers are Syracuse leans, outside of Ajak, who I'm not that high on. Really really hoping the staff can close on Akok. His versatility makes him a really special player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom