Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boeheim needs to keep grinding because as of now we have come up almost empty for this class. Seems like we are chasing players who aren’t really interested or we are second fiddle

Boeheim needs to keep grinding because as of now we have come up almost empty for this class. Seems like we are chasing players who aren’t really interested or we are second fiddle
?? Huh the only kid we lost so far is Whitney. What are you talking sheet for? Let it play out and then bitch.

The Sky is Falling!
Run! Hide! Crawl under the bed!

Also, Boeheim was at Brewster Academy's first open gym and got Jones to flip his visit schedule from Iowa State to Syracuse - all in less than a week. He's grinding.

?? Huh the only kid we lost so far is Whitney. What are you talking sheet for? Let it play out and then bitch.

Well, that's not exactly accurate, but that's OK, that's how it goes every year.

I would say guys we chased that we're not going to get so far include Stewart, Precious and Kockburn, in addition to Wahab. We have only made 10 offers in this class so far, so if we also missed on Whitney, that's half of our offers of record.

And there were other guys who we moved on from, like Battle's younger brother and others.

In my opinion, we need a center, a 4 and 3. I'd be thrilled with Diamond Carrigan again, Akok Akok, Quincy Guerrier, and then may be Girard chooses us, but if he doesn't, that's OK, too. He seems like a bad fit for the zone. Even without Girard, we still have Carey, Goodine, Buddy and Washington at guard. That's not that bad.

Last edited:
Carrigan at center, Jones at 4with 1-2 developing years for strength, Akok at 3-4 playing right away, Guerrero at 3 also playing right away, and of course Goodine would make me a happy camper. That is quit the hall. All a choices in my opinion. And jones can even cover center which we always need in emergency. Next year we go after a sg

Carrigan at center, Jones at 4with 1-2 developing years for strength, Akok at 3-4 playing right away, Guerrero at 3 also playing right away, and of course Goodine would make me a happy camper. That is quit the hall. All a choices in my opinion. And jones can even cover center which we always need in emergency. Next year we go after a sg
Yeah, I don’t think that’s gonna happen. Let’s hope we can land Guerrier and then add two of Akok, Jones and Carrigan. But I think it’s probably more realistic that we get Guerrier OR Akok (both are instant impact scorers at forward) and then Jones or Carrigan. Then we could add Ajak after that as a developmental big. You have to remember, next year we’ll have Hughes returning on the wing and Marek returning at PF, plus Braswell. I like that they’re trying to build depth, but realistically there’s really only room for one instant-impact forward on the roster when looking at actual playing time. You could get Jones along with Akok or Guerrier, but you’d have Jones playing center, at least as a freshman.

I still really want Akok Akok to play for Syracuse, even over Quincy (close 2nd) and the others.

If we got Akok and Carrigan, we might lead the nation in blocked shots.
Akok can hit a three, but is he really a forward? Can he dribble?
Guerrier looks pretty good, but not elite.
Neither is Akok on the offensive end, but man he intimidates around the rim!

nobody is going to confuse him for brandon ingram, but he can play the 3 at syracuse as well as wes johnson did

AA is the perfect stretch 4. He can knock down the three at a high clip. Handle is better than solid. He can put it on the deck to get his own shot or create for others. Gets to the rim with ease. Shot blocking ability is top notch, but he can also switch to guard multiple positions. Perfect Cuse recruit and fit.

UConn board seems to think it’s either PC or UConn for Akok. I guess they’re a little confident now since Hurley snagged 1 top 90 recruit!

UConn board seems to think it’s either PC or UConn for Akok. I guess they’re a little confident now since Hurley snagged 1 top 90 recruit!

Bouknights really good but yea they are deff getting wayyyyy ahead of themselves.

If we got Akok and Carrigan, we might lead the nation in blocked shots.
Guerrier looks pretty good, but not elite.
Neither is Akok on the offensive end, but man he intimidates around the rim!

I can only answer this from what I have seen on his videos posted under this thread. He looks like he is a decent to good ball handler, has a real good 3 point shot, is a good rebounder and shoots decent from inside the arc. His blocking skills are excellent for a high school playerbut you may have to apply a little caution because of the smaller size of the players he goes against. He has good size at 6’8”-6’9” but again he is s k I n n y, which seems to be a trait of our PFs. He can play SF (where I envision his best position), PF and C (but I like see him gain 15-30 lbs to be more effective).

Status
Not open for further replies.