Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akok's list of finalists include Connecticut, Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Providence and Syracuse.

The visit process for Akok, a standout at Putnam (Conn.) Science Academy, will start this weekend, as he's scheduled to visit Providence. Akok is then scheduled to see Georgetown the following weekend (Oct. 6). He'll then visit UConn the weekend of Oct. 13, Syracuse the weekend of Oct. 20 and he'll close things out at Pittsburgh from Oct. 23-25.

If he leaves UConn without committing that’s a great sign. Not worried about PC or GTown. Think it’s down to UConn cuse Pitt

He also mentions he won’t make a decision til spring. This one seems like the type of recruitment where someone like Duke, UK, etc jump in right before signing day after they miss out on some of their targets. As of now, I’d think we are the leaders.

While Akok is scheduled to take his five official visits in the fall, he's not looking to make his college choice in the near future.

"I plan on doing it in the spring," he said.

He also mentions he won’t make a decision til spring. This one seems like the type of recruitment where someone like Duke, UK, etc jump in right before signing day after they miss out on some of their targets. As of now, I’d think we are the leaders.

He uses up all his visits in the fall so he would have to commit without visiting.

I’m worried about Pitt here more than anyone.

He uses up all his visits in the fall so he would have to commit without visiting.

I’m worried about Pitt here more than anyone.
You're not worried about Pitt.

You're worried about Capel's bag man.

Geez, it would have been nice to see Pitt languish for more time (they still might), but it's good to hate them again.

When you look at the five programs which one has the greatest combination of recent winning, being in a strong conference, facilities, academics and getting players picked in the first round? Rhetorical question. Also in some ways I think it helps if Akok waits until the spring so when our team is hopefully playing well and he sees a thriving program, he will want to be a part of it. Meanwhile the majority of the other programs will likely endure another poor season and he will see that. Would love to get him up to campus on another unofficial visit (if it is allowed) during an ACC game so he could see the Dome rock. I know the staff has prioritized this guy big time and as a fan i'm optimistic.

From the einsteins at the Boneyard

“Cuse fans online think they're basically out. They are surprised they got a visit”

653BA0FE-A087-48FA-9AFA-13D1C17F51F9.gif

I agree rankings wise they are similar. It’s moreso the fact that Hurley has only been there like 5 months and was able to seal 2 commits. Granted not high level guys

But tis the season. I will give credit when they land a top 50 guy.

With Kai and Wahab out, Akok is really important now. I like his flexibility to play the four or five. JBA, isn't IMO college ready yet and is a bit of a project. Quincy is my top target talent wise, but Akok is a greater need. Gotta come through here!!!

Akok waiting until spring isn't a good situation, in light of Kai Jones.

Not suggesting that we are in a bad spot, but I'd prefer to lock this down by November signing day rather than get strung along into the spring.

Akok waiting until spring isn't a good situation, in light of Kai Jones.

Not suggesting that we are in a bad spot, but I'd prefer to lock this down by November signing day rather than get strung along into the spring.
Highly unlikely a kid who takes all 5 officials on 5 straight weekends in October will wait 6 months to make a decision

Highly unlikely a kid who takes all 5 officials on 5 straight weekends in October will wait 6 months to make a decision

Akok has said within the last few days that he plans to wait for Spring to make his decision. That's what I'm basing it on.

I certainly would love for you to be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.