Not an exciting plan b in my opinion

So far wahab seems like Pitt
Akok seems like UConn
girard BC
Stewart Michigan st or Kentucky
Jones nope
Ajak maybe
Carrigan us or Florida

Am I missing someone? Seems like the grad transfer route or hoping some guys come back is what we are hoping for. Although I know the staff is trying

Why on EARTH does Akok seem like UConn?

Also, you're conveniently skipping Guerrier, who might be better than all of them.

I certainly don't think anyone thinks that, Goodine is a great get already lined up for the 2019 class. Personally I was hoping to put together e a high end class with JB's years running out and with the sanctions coming off and our excellent run to the Sweet 16. That can certainly still happen but we have also lost out on a couple of guys we wanted and seem to be behind on a few others ie Stewart, Girard, Kofi etc. Need to get a commit and get some positive momentum rolling again.
not happening on your preferred timetable ≠ not happening

not happening on your preferred timetable ≠ not happening

Where did I say it wasn't going to happen or that time had run out? If your going to criticize can we at least get the facts straight. Timeline is immaterial but as more guys come off the board our options dwindle unless were going to offer some additional players which is certainly possible.

Where did I say it wasn't going to happen or that time had run out? If your going to criticize can we at least get the facts straight. Timeline is immaterial but as more guys come off the board our options dwindle unless were going to offer some additional players which is certainly possible.
i don't see any of the primary options off the table

i don't see any of the primary options off the table

Some of them are absolutely still there Akok, Guerrier, Carrigan being back in the fold, Wahab, AJak, etc. Guys like Stewart, Whitney, Kofi(Most likely), Jones, etc are now all pretty much off the board so it puts more pressure to land a guy like Akok. I still think were headed for a pretty goo class and in good position with Akok, Guerrier, and seems like Dimon but if you take the orange colored glasses off you can see the other side of it as well. Certainly not panicking by any stretch but would like to land a couple more of the main targets to feel really good about the class ie Akok and Guerrier and hopefully Carrigan or Wahab.

Some of them are absolutely still there Akok, Guerrier, Carrigan being back in the fold, Wahab, AJak, etc. Guys like Stewart, Whitney, Kofi(Most likely), Jones, etc are now all pretty much off the board so it puts more pressure to land a guy like Akok. I still think were headed for a pretty goo class and in good position with Akok, Guerrier, and seems like Dimon but if you take the orange colored glasses off you can see the other side of it as well. Certainly not panicking by any stretch but would like to land a couple more of the main targets to feel really good about the class ie Akok and Guerrier and hopefully Carrigan or Wahab.
i don't think the guys you are fretting about have been major targets for quite some time now.

look, i am of the opinion that nobody really knows anything, and that definitely includes me. but my reading of the tea leaves is that the staff has prioritized 4 guys since mid summer - akok, quincy, jgiii and jba. to that they'd like to add someone who can have a more immediate impact as a 4/5 than jba. and i'm not just saying that now to cover up for how things are going; it was my take back in july

those 4 are all still there & syracuse is at or near the top of the list for all of them; i think we land at least 3 and good shot at all 4. and we are still in the hunt for that more immediate impact big man - qudus or dimon.

i just don't see any reason to fret over the state of recruiting when all of our primary targets are still out there and still have us very much on top of their lists

Kofi, Stewart, etc were always long shots. joe is a luxury and we just go on Kai what 2 months ago? We were lucky enough to even get an official. We have bigger fish to fry. We’re still going for a big class. A class of BG, QG, AKOK, Carrigan and AJAK is a big time class for Syracuse.

i don't think the guys you are fretting about have been major targets for quite some time now.

look, i am of the opinion that nobody really knows anything, and that definitely includes me. but my reading of the tea leaves is that the staff has prioritized 4 guys since mid summer - akok, quincy, jgiii and jba. to that they'd like to add someone who can have a more immediate impact as a 4/5 than jba. and i'm not just saying that now to cover up for how things are going; it was my take back in july

those 4 are all still there & syracuse is at or near the top of the list for all of them; i think we land at least 3 and good shot at all 4. and we are still in the hunt for that more immediate impact big man - qudus or dimon.

i just don't see any reason to fret over the state of recruiting when all of our primary targets are still out there and still have us very much on top of their lists
You’re forgetting Jones and Wahab, both of whom we prioritized at the center spot and hoped to land one of them. We’re still in it with Wahab (made his top 5) but the buzz isnt great for us. Hopefully we can land Carrigan (along with a developmental guy like JBA). This is why I wanted GMac to land Osun O. last spring. He would have stocked the center cupboard a year early with a quality developing big man who would get a year under his belt.

Kofi, Stewart, etc were always long shots. joe is a luxury and we just go on Kai what 2 months ago? We were lucky enough to even get an official. We have bigger fish to fry. We’re still going for a big class. A class of BG, QG, AKOK, Carrigan and AJAK is a big time class for Syracuse.
All of the major schools just got on Kai 2-3 months ago. He blew up this summer. We were there near the beginning with everyone else in his final 5.

You’re forgetting Jones and Wahab, both of whom we prioritized at the center spot and hoped to land one of them. We’re still in it with Wahab (made his top 5) but the buzz isnt great for us. Hopefully we can land Carrigan (along with a developmental guy like JBA). This is why I wanted GMac to land Osun O. last spring. He would have stocked the center cupboard a year early with a quality developing big man who would get a year under his belt.
i did in fact mention qudus
i do not think jones was a high priority. he came across the radar relatively late and they did their due diligence, but i didn't get the idea that he had vaulted up. in any case, i think all the bigs they were chasing (qudus, kai, dimon, et al) were 2nd tier behind the other 4 who seemed to have precedence in interest by the staff.
hey, i could be wrong, but that is how i read it on the available evidence

All of the major schools just got on Kai 2-3 months ago. He blew up this summer. We were there near the beginning with everyone else in his final 5.
Duke Kansas and UCLA reaches out in 2017. UCLA offered last June and Kansas offered in April. Not this summer. If you’ve paid close attention you’d know that we haven’t exactly been in this recruitment for some time if all that much in general.

Duke Kansas and UCLA reaches out in 2017. UCLA offered last June and Kansas offered in April. Not this summer. If you’ve paid close attention you’d know that we haven’t exactly been in this recruitment for some time if all that much in general.
Your information is WAY off on Kai Jones. Duke and UCLA have never been involved. Kai was an under the radar kid getting mid major offers last winter/spring from the likes of VCU and Rhode Island before blowing up this summer. Kansas offered Kai 6 days AFTER we did in July. Yes, Texas and Baylor offered in June, but only a few weeks before our offer on July 11, so really not much of a difference. Florida state offered after us and they’re in the final 3.

Your information is way off on Kai Jones. Duke and UCLA have never been involved. Kai was an under the radar kid getting mid major offers last winter/spring from the likes of VCU and Rhode Island before blowing up this summer. Kansas offered Kai 6 days AFTER we did in July. Yes, Texas and Baylor offered in June, but only a few weeks before our offer on July 11, so really not much of a difference. Florida state offered after us and they’re in the final 3.
I thought you said Kofi my bad

Got it. I was responding to your observation that we only got involved with Kai Jones 2 months ago and were lucky to get a visit. Jones started to blow up at the NBA Global Camp in Italy in June and we offered a few weeks later on July 11. I just want people to understand that we were legitimately involved in Kai’s recruitment from fairly early on after he started to get high major offers.
I thought you said Kofi my bad

Slater just voted to UCONN on the ball. I've always felt he was the most plugged in. Bad news bears.

Slater just voted to UCONN on the ball. I've always felt he was the most plugged in. Bad news bears.
We can’t lose Akok to UConn. They play in a mid major conference, the program has been in shambles lately, and Hurley hasn’t even coached a game there yet. He has no track record there or at a high major level. With the resources we have, we gotta win these battles. I think we will in the end.

Would be a major loss if he goes to UConn. Major loss.

Hurley is a great recruiter but JB should be able to make this happen.

I really think Gmac is going to land the deuce. If not then Stewart. Its his time the recruiting Gods owe Gerry one.

Seriously. Would be unacceptable. They could realistically land Akok, Kofi, AND Achiuwa. A nightmare.

Seriously. Would be unacceptable. They could realistically land Akok, Kofi, AND Achiuwa. A nightmare.
Once again, you know what you don't see on this board? people saying JB reel this guy in. It's Red reel this guy in or G-Mac reel this guy in. You think Hurley is out recruiting these guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.