Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akok has said within the last few days that he plans to wait for Spring to make his decision. That's what I'm basing it on.

I certainly would love for you to be right.
I did see that he said that so I totally get where you’re coming from. I’m not basing my opinion on anything just a gut feeling

JB got this

You've been optimistic about this one. Is this a feeling or something material? Gotta say I am getting a little concerned about this class. A hugely important one and I don't see much of anything as fallbacks if we lose out on QG and AA...

Last edited:
You've been optimistic about this one. Is this a feeling or something material? Gotta say I am getting a little concerned about that class. I don't see much of anything as fallbacks if we lose out on QG and AA...

Just my opinion, but if we don’t offer a plan B that must mean the staff feels really good about their plan A’s.

I thought premature anything wasn't good? I'll get excited when they sign their LOI's.

Last edited:
Akok waiting until spring isn't a good situation, in light of Kai Jones.

Not suggesting that we are in a bad spot, but I'd prefer to lock this down by November signing day rather than get strung along into the spring.
i have always thought that we were in a great position w/akok unless his recruitment went into the spring. even there, we are his likely top choice of the current finalists... but if he waits till spring it's because he wants to see if another blue blood wants to get involved. but when he sees a great orange season with oshae turning himself into a lottery pick, and knowing that he'll be the heir apparent, we'll get him anyway

i have always thought that we were in a great position w/akok unless his recruitment went into the spring. even there, we are his likely top choice of the current finalists... but if he waits till spring it's because he wants to see if another blue blood wants to get involved. but when he sees a great orange season with oshae turning himself into a lottery pick, and knowing that he'll be the heir apparent, we'll get him anyway

Part of me wonders if Akok is waiting until the spring because he wants to make sure it looks like Brissett is going pro.

Just have to get him to our visit. That's the scariest part of this.

I don't think he is going to wait till spring tbh

Just my opinion, but if we don’t offer a plan B that must mean the staff feels really good about their plan A’s.

Hate to say this but on the other hand Quade Green . . .

Just have to get him to our visit. That's the scariest part of this.

I don't think he is going to wait till spring tbh

Are you saying there's a thought he might commit on one of the visits prior to him coming here?

Are you saying there's a thought he might commit on one of the visits prior to him coming here?

I highly doubt that... at least I would hope.

Like I mentioned before, barring anyone coming in (Kentucky, Duke, Kansas) this is a battle we should win.

He’s been to UConn and Providence 77 times. If he wanted to commit there he would have already.

plan b is bouncin' bobby braswell

Not an exciting plan b in my opinion

So far wahab seems like Pitt
Akok seems like UConn
girard BC
Stewart Michigan st or Kentucky
Jones nope
Ajak maybe
Carrigan us or Florida

Am I missing someone? Seems like the grad transfer route or hoping some guys come back is what we are hoping for. Although I know the staff is trying

Akok seems like UConn
girard BC
Jones nope
Ajak maybe
Carrigan us or Florida

Am I missing someone? Seems like the grad transfer route or hoping some guys come back is what we are hoping for. Although I know the staff is trying

I don't know why you think Akok is automatically UConn. We have posters here who think he is a heavy UConn lean more than the UConn board does.

Akok seems like UConn
girard BC
Jones nope
Ajak maybe
Carrigan us or Florida

I don’t think you’re correct about Akok as a UConn lean. And you forgot about Quincy—despite some Oregon buzz, I’ve always considered him a Cuse lean.

Akok seems like UConn
girard BC
Jones nope
Ajak maybe
Carrigan us or Florida

Long time to go but those potential results feel a lot like 2 years ago when we lost a certain guard to Kentucky and were left scrambling. That certainly worked out the for best as we ended up with Dolezaj but I think a lot of us were hoping to land a 4-5 person impact class. Goodine in the fold is outstanding but the rest of the class seems to be stalled and not headed in the right direction if I am being honest.

Akok seems like UConn
girard BC
Jones nope
Ajak maybe
Carrigan us or Florida

I think it's time to take a break man.

I don’t think you’re correct about Akok as a UConn lean. And you forgot about Quincy—despite some Oregon buzz, I’ve always considered him a Cuse lean.
Correct, BY seems more upset that we seem to be the team to beat for Akok than anything else.

Apparently we aren’t landing anyone ever again!
2it1jk.jpg

Apparently we aren’t landing anyone ever again!

I certainly don't think anyone thinks that, Goodine is a great get already lined up for the 2019 class. Personally I was hoping to put together e a high end class with JB's years running out and with the sanctions coming off and our excellent run to the Sweet 16. That can certainly still happen but we have also lost out on a couple of guys we wanted and seem to be behind on a few others ie Stewart, Girard, Kofi etc. Need to get a commit and get some positive momentum rolling again.

Status
Not open for further replies.