Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, you know what you don't see on this board? people saying JB reel this guy in. It's Red reel this guy in or G-Mac reel this guy in. You think Hurley is out recruiting these guys?

It’s not out of the realm of possibilty. Regardless, losing a couple of high profile targets to UConn would be unacceptable, IMO. That’s a given.

I’m still hopeful about Akok
oh-really.jpg

Meth ball for a reason. However if you wanna look into it we still have majority of the predictions for him.

Bottom line we should beat out all those schools however I get it Hurley is throwing all his cards in the table

Bottom line we should beat out all those schools however I get it Hurley is throwing all his cards in the table

All WHAT cards??

He was a semi-decent coach at perennial hoops powers URI and Wagner?
He's now at a spunky mid-major that hasn't sniffed success in ages?
Which is located in the middle of nowhere, and whose best team and coach are the ladies hoops program?
In a conference with exactly zero notewothy hoops programs?
That he's a distant 3rd in terms of being the most famous Hurley in his family?

If those are his cards, then deal me in! ;)

All WHAT cards??

He was a semi-decent coach at perennial hoops powers URI and Wagner?
He's now at a spunky mid-major that hasn't sniffed success in ages?
Which is located in the middle of nowhere, and whose best team and coach are the ladies hoops program?
In a conference with exactly zero notewothy hoops programs?
That he's a distant 3rd in terms of being the most famous Hurley in his family?

If those are his cards, then deal me in! ;)
Exactly. All of this.

One thing that can’t be overlooked IMO in this recruitment is our relationship (or lack there of) with Akok’s AAU program Mass Rivals. If I’m not mistaken, that is the same program Kaleb Joseph came from, and their director Vin Pastore made some comments that he was not pleased with how Joseph was treated. Also, I believe Hopkins had the relationship with that program from the start. I hope that Akok’s coach at Putnam is more involved in this recruitment than his AAU coach, because if not we could be in trouble with this one.

Gerry has been on the Deuce forever. He is a perfect fit for us. He steps in as a starter day one. I can see losing Stewart, i understand if Girard goes elsewhere but Gmac has to close Akok. No more bridesmaid.

Gmac, red, griffin or JB himself, this is one we need to win regardless of who is the main recruiter. Akok is a huge piece of the puzzle going forward and we cant afford to lose him especially to the likes of Yukon. All hands on deck and JB needs to step up and assist his "assistant" gmac and bring this one home on his visit.

I think we will but it’s going to be close
We'll to make up ground now, which is a place we haven't been with him in a while.

If we get him on campus I'll feel good. He has to leave UConn without committing.

We'll to make up ground now, which is a place we haven't been with him in a while.

If we get him on campus I'll feel good. He has to leave UConn without committing.

He has left UConn without committing numorous times! Don’t let the meth ball confuse you. In a recruitment like this they are guaging schools reactions more than anything else. This kid has made all the schools still involved feel very good about their chances. I haven’t seen or heard anyone with any actual strong indication for one school over another from the 2x camp.

I just hope that he can be convinced to sign early rather than waiting until spring. That is a bigger concern to me than UConn or Prov. He’s seen those schools enough to know what they offer and don’t offer. If he is really set on one so be it but he’s had plenty of chances to pull the trigger on both and hasn’t.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors